• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Just another good guy with guns exercising  his 2A rights.....

I’m sure if we had more laws, that would have stopped him.

Less guns might have though.
    Or enforceable and verifiable limitations on the number of firearms he could purchase in a given time frame but we all know “responsible” straw purchasers don’t exist.
    A law abiding citizen like himself would surely not resort to buying a template and creating his own to meet his clientele’s demand.  And then, they would truly be untraceable.  Maybe he can get assistance from Karen Mallard.
    She in jail yet? If not, maybe you should volunteer to lead the investigation so we can have justice! I hate to think about how she may be prowling the streets, looking for more victims. Nobody is safe.
    Lol, right on que!  Being investigated by the ATF last I heard.  Are you her cheerleader or what?

Honestly, "being investigated" when there was a video shared with the world doesn't make sense. I know you like to compare this to the Mueller investigation, but if video of Trump, hookers and Putin discussing election plans was made public, I don't think it'd be months before anything criminally was pushed forward. Charges would be filed and court dates already set. You're about the only one who still gives a duck about Mallard.
    The only one “here” that cares.  Most people here do not care when a democrat does something illegal.  I promise you, though, there are still a ton of people that care about her illegal actions, and are taking note of the precedent if she does not get charged. “Duck”, “Mallard”, lol. Good choice of words :)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ This guy is clearly not a responsible gun owner. He’s a moron. 

He was a “responsible” gun owner until he wasn’t.
    Says who? He may have always been irresponsible. I get what you’re saying, but my point is that such a thing (“responsible”) does exist. Clearly not from this clown. 
    Of course responsible gun owners exist. Most of them are responsible,  until they're not
    A gun owner that is responsible, but suddenly becomes irresponsible, never should have owned a gun in the first place. It starts with vetting out who is allowed to buy guns. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Or enforceable and verifiable limitations on the number of firearms he could purchase in a given time frame but we all know “responsible” straw purchasers don’t exist.
    A law abiding citizen like himself would surely not resort to buying a template and creating his own to meet his clientele’s demand.  And then, they would truly be untraceable.  Maybe he can get assistance from Karen Mallard.
    She in jail yet? If not, maybe you should volunteer to lead the investigation so we can have justice! I hate to think about how she may be prowling the streets, looking for more victims. Nobody is safe.
    Lol, right on que!  Being investigated by the ATF last I heard.  Are you her cheerleader or what?

What's taking so long? She provided video taped evidence of her "crime." No charges filed yet? No local or state charges? Just federal charges? Again, what's taking so long? Seems a grand jury should be able to indict based on the video, right?
    IDK, maybe she was in one of Trumps Ptapes and it is holding things up.  Why don’t you call the ATF and ask what is taking so long.  Funny that you guys are okay with people being irresponsible with firearms when it is one of your own...partisan hacks...I was under the impression that you wanted to hold politicians to a higher standard when it comes to following the law...guess I was wrong.

lol

Maybe because destroying a weapon isn't 'irresponsible with firearms' to anyone equipped with a remote level of common sense.

Destroying a weapon is seen as irresponsible only to those entrusted with the preservation of weapons (or pseudo gods if you will).

The 'one of your own' comment is curious. Has it actually come to that?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Honestly, "being investigated" when there was a video shared with the world doesn't make sense. I know you like to compare this to the Mueller investigation, but if video of Trump, hookers and Putin discussing election plans was made public, I don't think it'd be months before anything criminally was pushed forward. Charges would be filed and court dates already set. You're about the only one who still gives a duck about Mallard.
    The only one “here” that cares.  Most people here do not care when a democrat does something illegal.  I promise you, though, there are still a ton of people that care about her illegal actions, and are taking note of the precedent if she does not get charged. “Duck”, “Mallard”, lol. Good choice of words :)
    The argument of the pro gun side in a nutshell. They would rather see someone who is removing guns in jail than someone who kills with them. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

What's taking so long? She provided video taped evidence of her "crime." No charges filed yet? No local or state charges? Just federal charges? Again, what's taking so long? Seems a grand jury should be able to indict based on the video, right?
    IDK, maybe she was in one of Trumps Ptapes and it is holding things up.  Why don’t you call the ATF and ask what is taking so long.  Funny that you guys are okay with people being irresponsible with firearms when it is one of your own...partisan hacks...I was under the impression that you wanted to hold politicians to a higher standard when it comes to following the law...guess I was wrong.

lol

Maybe because destroying a weapon isn't 'irresponsible with firearms' to anyone equipped with a remote level of common sense.

Destroying a weapon is seen as irresponsible only to those entrusted with the preservation of weapons (or pseudo gods if you will).

Um, where in the video did she destroy the weapon?  That’s pretty much the basis of the investigation, she did not destroy it in the video, but turned it into an illegal firearm instead...Catch up del.
    The laws should not discriminate, right?  If any “normal” citizen created an SBR (short barreled rifle) on video, they would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law...regardless of what they intended to do with it afterwards.  Unless Mallard sets precedent, that is.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The argument of the pro gun side in a nutshell. They would rather see someone who is removing guns in jail than someone who kills with them. 
    Nope, I would rather see someone that breaks gun laws in jail...would you not?  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    edited May 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The only one “here” that cares.  Most people here do not care when a democrat does something illegal.  I promise you, though, there are still a ton of people that care about her illegal actions, and are taking note of the precedent if she does not get charged.
    I'll speak for myself, but I'll wager that I'm not alone when I say that I don't care what party she or anyone else is affiliated with if they are destroying a gun. Everyone knows what the intent was and if she gets charged, who fucking cares? How often do negligent gun owners get charged when their gun is used to kill others because it wasn't secured or handled improperly? Oh, we can't charge a grieving parent because their kid died due to their stupidity! No one was hurt in the Mallard situation. The gun wasn't being used, there isn't now a national crisis about the proper disposal of firearms. What there is a national crisis about is gun violence. It's beyond ridiculous that you and these "ton" of people are concerned about this issue so much. Maybe get your priorities straight. I haven't heard you bring up any of those negligent deaths and talk about how tons of people are watching to see what happens in those cases.

The only partisan hack here is you. You care more about what party or stance someone has so you can try to make some point for your more guns mentality. The rest of us are more concerned about the damn guns and idiots who kill or misuse them.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

Um, where in the video did she destroy the weapon?  That’s pretty much the basis of the investigation, she did not destroy it in the video, but turned it into an illegal firearm instead...Catch up del.
    The laws should not discriminate, right?

That video showed her destroying the weapon to the point where it was considered illegal; however, is that the condition of the rifle now? I was under the impression the 'destruction' phase was only partially completed and the gun is now rendered useless.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The only one “here” that cares.  Most people here do not care when a democrat does something illegal.  I promise you, though, there are still a ton of people that care about her illegal actions, and are taking note of the precedent if she does not get charged.
    I'll speak for myself, but I'll wager that I'm not alone when I say that I don't care what party she or anyone else is affiliated with if they are destroying a gun. Everyone knows what the intent was and if she gets charged, who fucking cares? How often do negligent gun owners get charged when their gun is used to kill others because it wasn't secured or handled improperly? Oh, we can't charge a grieving parent because their kid died due to their stupidity! No one was hurt in the Mallard situation. The gun wasn't being used, there isn't now a national crisis about the proper disposal of firearms. What there is a national crisis about is gun violence. It's beyond ridiculous that you and these "ton" of people are concerned about this issue so much. Maybe get your priorities straight. I haven't heard you bring up any of those negligent deaths and talk about how tons of people are watching to see what happens in those cases.

The only partisan hack here is you. You care more about what party or stance someone has so you can try to make some point for your more guns mentality. The rest of us are more concerned about the damn guns and idiots who kill or misuse them.
    I want the laws on the books enforced...The law that she broke says nothing about “intent”, and the ATF has actually set strict guidelines for how to legally destroy a weapon.  She broke the law when she did not follow those guidelines...plain and simple.  You are a partisan hack that does not care about upholding gun laws.
    It concerns me that someone wanting to be in a place of power to create gun laws cannot even follow the simplest of them.  Again, it’s all about the precedent being set.  What’s to stop someone with ill intent making the same video showing others how to manufacture illegal SBRs if the precedent has been set.  She is a great example of what not to do at the very least.  It humors me to no end that you partican hacks defend her breaking the law.  Have you googled “Karen Mallard investigation”?  

• Options
    edited May 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

That video showed her destroying the weapon to the point where it was considered illegal; however, is that the condition of the rifle now? I was under the impression the 'destruction' phase was only partially completed and the gun is now rendered useless.
    The video showed her creating an illegal SBR...not destroying anything.  The gun was still operable at the end of the video.  What she did with it afterwards is redundant as far as the legality of it.  There is probably good reason behind it being written that way to keep people from saying “but I was going to destroy it later”...But if that is the precedent you guys want set, I’m pretty sure that truly bad people will not mind at all.
    Will she get charged?  Doubtful, but it most definitely sets precedent if she does not.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

The video showed her creating an illegal SBR...not destroying anything.  The gun was still operable at the end of the video.  What she did with it afterwards is redundant as far as the legality of it.  There is probably good reason behind it being written that way to keep people from saying “but I was going to destroy it later”...But if that is the precedent you guys want set, I’m pretty sure that truly bad people will not mind at all.

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

Wait a minute what thread was this again?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

I’d be fine with her creating a new “how to” video where she legally destroys a firearm with an apology for her illegal actions in the previous one.  But that’s just me.  

• Options
    edited May 2018
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.
    Wow, you truly are a partisan hack cheerleader, lol
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

I’d be fine with her creating a new “how to” video where she legally destroys a firearm with an apology for her illegal actions in the previous one.  But that’s just me.  

If I recall, the article stated that they checked with the state police who confirmed that she brought the gun, in pieces, to them.  So no, the video doesn't show that, but the police said that's what happened.  
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I want the laws on the books enforced...The law that she broke says nothing about “intent”, and the ATF has actually set strict guidelines for how to legally destroy a weapon.  She broke the law when she did not follow those guidelines...plain and simple.  You are a partisan hack that does not care about upholding gun laws.
    It concerns me that someone wanting to be in a place of power to create gun laws cannot even follow the simplest of them.  Again, it’s all about the precedent being set.  What’s to stop someone with ill intent making the same video showing others how to manufacture illegal SBRs if the precedent has been set.  She is a great example of what not to do at the very least.  It humors me to no end that you partican hacks defend her breaking the law.  Have you googled “Karen Mallard investigation”?  

I think it is fair to take into consideration the circumstances. From what I heard she immediately turned the gun over the law enforcement.
    Okay, so she didn't destroy it properly, but looking at the big picture what do you think should happen? Its not like she posted the video and then weeks later they found the gun hidden away under her bed. I'm willing to bed if the average person did the same thing the outcome would be the same. Some older lady brings in a gun to the police station and explains she tried to destroy it, they wouldn't enforce some strict penalties on her because she actually made it an SBR. They'd probably just give her a warning, run her name to check if she was a felon and tell her to never do that again. 
    I think maybe if the local sheriff just reaches out to her and asks her if she does that again to have law enforcement present to oversee the destruction that would be plenty. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.
    Wow, you truly are a cheerleader, lol
    You're getting destroyed in here, are you going to fall back on trying to get vans banned? Maybe knives this time? So many options.

Image result for cheerleader
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.
    You're getting destroyed in here, are you going to fall back on trying to get vans banned? Maybe knives this time? So many options.

That’s a great snapshot of you!  Rah rah rah.  Give me a T, give me an r, give me a I, give me two Gs, followed by an ered!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I think it is fair to take into consideration the circumstances. From what I heard she immediately turned the gun over the law enforcement.
    Okay, so she didn't destroy it properly, but looking at the big picture what do you think should happen? Its not like she posted the video and then weeks later they found the gun hidden away under her bed. I'm willing to bed if the average person did the same thing the outcome would be the same. Some older lady brings in a gun to the police station and explains she tried to destroy it, they wouldn't enforce some strict penalties on her because she actually made it an SBR. They'd probably just give her a warning, run her name to check if she was a felon and tell her to never do that again. 
    I think maybe if the local sheriff just reaches out to her and asks her if she does that again to have law enforcement present to oversee the destruction that would be plenty. 
    Look, I do not think that this lady should actually go to jail.  If people around here weren’t idiots, they would realize that the whole point is that I am concerned about the people pushing for gun control laws not even knowing some of the simplest of them.  I feel that law makers should be held to a higher standard of following laws, do you not?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

If I recall, the article stated that they checked with the state police who confirmed that she brought the gun, in pieces, to them.  So no, the video doesn't show that, but the police said that's what happened.  
    Ha, if it is like most police departments, they will just sell it at the next police auction...to someone that can legally purchase an SBR that is ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Apparently you only hear what you want. You are the one trying to make some inane point about a democrat because you think I, or anyone else, isn't outraged solely because of what party she affiliates with. And yeah, I Googled it. Nothing new beyond what was originally reported about 2 months ago. If they want to charge it, then do it and be done. This isn't one of those things that requires months of investigations and interviews. Here's what she posted on March 7. The ATF story came out about 5 days later and then crickets.

I took a personal stand for gun safety and I'm not backing down. A staffer took down this video to try to protect me from these vicious comments, but I'm not the one that needs protection our children do.

And yes for all the NRA trolls out there, I finished the job according to regulation and turned it over to the police. Why are you more outraged about me taking a gun out of circulation than about our children being murdered in our schools?

Thanks for listening and sharing.We need gun reform now. #SafeguardOurChildren

Again, I don't care if they charge her, but you and some ghost gun advocates on the interwebs are waiting with bated breath over a non-issue.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Apparently you only hear what you want. You are the one trying to make some inane point about a democrat because you think I, or anyone else, isn't outraged solely because of what party she affiliates with. And yeah, I Googled it. Nothing new beyond what was originally reported about 2 months ago. If they want to charge it, then do it and be done. This isn't one of those things that requires months of investigations and interviews. Here's what she posted on March 7. The ATF story came out about 5 days later and then crickets.

I took a personal stand for gun safety and I'm not backing down. A staffer took down this video to try to protect me from these vicious comments, but I'm not the one that needs protection our children do.

And yes for all the NRA trolls out there, I finished the job according to regulation and turned it over to the police. Why are you more outraged about me taking a gun out of circulation than about our children being murdered in our schools?

Again, I don't care if they charge her, but you and some ghost gun advocates on the interwebs are waiting with bated breath over a non-issue.

You’re right, law makers really shouldn’t know shit about laws.  “Do as I say, not as I do”

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.

That’s a great snapshot of you!  Rah rah rah.  Give me a T, give me an r, give me a I, give me two Gs, followed by an ered!
    I'm not the one calling others here "hacks" and "idiots". You sound upset.

When you say triggered, you may want to look in the mirror.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.

You’re right, it doesn’t matter if politicians know the law...moving on.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.

Image result for strawman

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

Ha, if it is like most police departments, they will just sell it at the next police auction...to someone that can legally purchase an SBR that is ;)
    I don't think you'll find anyone here defending that practice, or the militarization of the police more broadly.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

lol

LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP
    LOCK HER UP 
    LOCK HER UP

I don't think you'll find anyone here defending that practice, or the militarization of the police more broadly.

I was not suggesting as much, but it does happen.  Another reason to properly destroy them if you are going to, though.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Look, I do not think that this lady should actually go to jail.  If people around here weren’t idiots, they would realize that the whole point is that I am concerned about the people pushing for gun control laws not even knowing some of the simplest of them.  I feel that law makers should be held to a higher standard of following laws, do you not?
    No, I don't.
    Not a higher standard, but the same standard.
    And if she wasn't a politician, do you think anything different would have happened? I don't. They'd look at the whole story and realize she tried to destroy something and turned it in. The only difference is we wouldn't be talking about her. 
    I agree that may of the politicians who push for gun laws at least act like they don't know anything about guns. And then they get the idea of something like a pistol grip is what makes assault rifles so bad, so then they focus meaningless things like that. Leaving many loopholes for people who want to still have a deadly assault rifles that fully function like a military rifle. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Well said, all of it.

Image result for strawman

Damn, at first I thought that was another picture of Hillary Clinton while balloons are dropping!

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You’re right, law makers really shouldn’t know shit about laws.  “Do as I say, not as I do”

I wouldn't say they don't know shit, but they also don't know a lot the majority of time. You must vote for only the most well informed law makers then, right? I would never equate a senator or rep. to be an expert on laws. They just push them forward based on where the money and votes come from.

I know one thing, that video and subsequent attention it got at least educated unaware gun owners on proper disposal so there's that. Unless you don't think there are any gun owners who don't know shit about laws either?
This discussion has been closed.