CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    Because I said so...isn’t that the way things work around here?
    don't you wish

mandatory gun insurance is a market-based way to ensure that firearms owners embrace the duty of ownership along with the right, while also providing compensation for those who are harmed by gun-related accident and abuse. The NRA already offers liability insurance as a service to their members.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

mandatory gun insurance is a market-based way to ensure that firearms owners embrace the duty of ownership along with the right, while also providing compensation for those who are harmed by gun-related accident and abuse. The NRA already offers liability insurance as a service to their members.
    Meh, i’d still vote against it.  Just sounds like a tax to me.  And you seem to be one of those “stick it to the gun owners” people, so pardon me for thinking there are ulterior motives.   
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Double post
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

I don't like the idea of having insurance on a firearm.  You already have people trying to sue gun manufacturers for deaths of people.  That's like suing a car maker for making it go over the speed limit and me injuring someone while doing it.

All it will lead to is more litigation.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

Meh, i’d still vote against it.  Just sounds like a tax to me.  And you seem to be one of those “stick it to the gun owners” people, so pardon me for thinking there are ulterior motives.   
    insurance is not a tax

compensating society for the damage that gun owners do is not sticking it to gun owners

who do you think is paying for all those medical bills?  lost wages from dead spouses?  damage to school buildings? 

society bears that burden, not the population of gun owners that is directly responsible for causing the damage
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

I don't like the idea of having insurance on a firearm.  You already have people trying to sue gun manufacturers for deaths of people.  That's like suing a car maker for making it go over the speed limit and me injuring someone while doing it.

the litigation is already there.  you think families of shooting victims don't sue for wrongful death?

gun insurance would lead to timely resolution

And it's more like suing the car owner/driver for going over the speed limit and injuring someone, not the manufacturer.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    Let me say this clearly...

Arming teachers is literally the dumbest idea ive heard in my 39 years on this planet... I'm shocked at how many Americans think it's a good idea, or even debatable... it's lunacy!!!

It's ok, there are George Zimmermans out there teaching, it's only a matter of time. Blood won't be on my hands

If I had a kid and his school allowed armed teachers, I would pull my kid out so fast their head would spin. I question any parent that wouldn't do the same

Guns suck, nothing positive comes from them. Nothing. 

This sounds like head in the sand talk to me.
    The guns are out there, hundreds of millions of them.  They are walking into schools and concerts and nightclubs and malls and they are murdering people in scores.  At what point does being the only person without a gun become the dumbest thing you've ever heard.
    I don't think the solution to guns is more guns, it's working to get guns out of the wrong hands and working to get guns into the right hands.

Leaving kids with closet doors as their only protection sounds pretty fucking dumb to me.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    ^^ Well I would support them lining classroom closets with something bullet proof. Safe rooms in classrooms? That would be fine in my book. It wouldn't mean placing the children into a police state atmosphere or leave room for horrible gun accidents at schools, which would be inevitable if teachers were armed IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^ Well I would support them lining classroom closets with something bullet proof. Safe rooms in classrooms? That would be fine in my book. It wouldn't mean placing the children into a police state atmosphere or leave room for horrible gun accidents at schools, which would be inevitable if teachers were armed IMO.
    I support that as well, but the logic behind the anti-gun in school crowd isn't being applied fairly.
    "We can't pay teachers now, where's the money going to come from?"
    "It's inevitable that kids will then bomb or shoot inside the safe room, making them fish in a barrel, what happens then?"
    Et cetera
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,016
    edited March 2018
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

the litigation is already there.  you think families of shooting victims don't sue for wrongful death?

And it's more like suing the car owner/driver for going over the speed limit and injuring someone, not the manufacturer.
    I did mention the above...

I'm sure the insurance companies are salivating over the thought of having "gun insurance" go into law.  It's a bad practice to start.

I'd start with background checks first.  Leave the insurance to the automobiles.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

I'm sure the insurance companies are salivating over the thought of having "gun insurance" go into law.  It's a bad practice to start.

I'd start with background checks first.  Leave the insurance to the automobiles.

sorry, to clarify, I wasn't referring to the gun manufacturers.  They'll get off scot free.  

The school, the police, they are already being sued by students.  Who pays for that? The taxpayer.  

People are talking about arming teachers, installing bulletproof walls and windows in schools.  That's crazy talk.  Any idea how expensive that is?  And who pays for it?  The taxpayer.

Where does it stop?  Does every employer need to have a bulletproof secure building with armed guards now?
    And every store?
    And every apartment building?
    And every public park?
    Who the fuck is going to pay for society to gun-proof itself against itself?  It's madness.
  • Options
    Once the schools have their armed forces protecting them... where do the psychopaths go to kill people with their assault rifles they have bought from the sporting goods store?

Daycare centers. Malls. Concerts. Etc.

Might have to start thinking about placing soldiers on every street corner. Beginning the process of removing guns seems too logical.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    One thing that has largely been ignored with the most recent event is that the hurricane windows in the school did actually saved numerous others from getting shot.  No real point to me posting this except that your post made me remember;
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/27/florida-school-shooting-update/
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If anything, mandatory gun insurance would most likely result in a tax deduction when you file yearly.
  • Options
    If anything, mandatory gun insurance would most likely result in a tax deduction when you file yearly.
    So would you prefer Democrats or Republicans take the lead on writing this mandatory insurance bill?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    CM189191 said:
    mandatory gun insurance
    That’s dumb 
    how so?  
    don't you wish

sorry, to clarify, I wasn't referring to the gun manufacturers.  They'll get off scot free.  

The school, the police, they are already being sued by students.  Who pays for that? The taxpayer.  

People are talking about arming teachers, installing bulletproof walls and windows in schools.  That's crazy talk.  Any idea how expensive that is?  And who pays for it?  The taxpayer.

Where does it stop?  Does every employer need to have a bulletproof secure building with armed guards now?
    And every store?
    And every apartment building?
    And every public park?
    Who the fuck is going to pay for society to gun-proof itself against itself?  It's madness.
    Exactly

It's madness
  • Options
    Once the schools have their armed forces protecting them... where do the psychopaths go to kill people with their assault rifles they have bought from the sporting goods store?

Daycare centers. Malls. Concerts. Etc.

Might have to start thinking about placing soldiers on every street corner. Beginning the process of removing guns seems too logical.
    At least some people get it... 

Does Canada still accept Americans? My country has become a gun addicted shithole
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    So would you prefer Democrats or Republicans take the lead on writing this mandatory insurance bill?
    Yes.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Yes.
    Lol
  • Options
    Thought you might get a kick out of that.
  • Options
    Thought you might get a kick out of that.
    Touché 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It was a serious answer, however, in that yes I would prefer my elected politicians (be they republican, democrat, whig, federalist, tea, green, independant, etc) listen to their electors and write the bill in their interests vs it be written by the NRA, the CEOs of gun/ammo manufacturers, or any other billionaire lobbyist only looking to get laws passed to line their own pockets with even more money while citizens continue to suffer.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

Arming teachers is literally the dumbest idea ive heard in my 39 years on this planet... I'm shocked at how many Americans think it's a good idea, or even debatable... it's lunacy!!!

It's ok, there are George Zimmermans out there teaching, it's only a matter of time. Blood won't be on my hands

If I had a kid and his school allowed armed teachers, I would pull my kid out so fast their head would spin. I question any parent that wouldn't do the same

The guns are out there, hundreds of millions of them.  They are walking into schools and concerts and nightclubs and malls and they are murdering people in scores.  At what point does being the only person without a gun become the dumbest thing you've ever heard.
    I don't think the solution to guns is more guns, it's working to get guns out of the wrong hands and working to get guns into the right hands.

Leaving kids with closet doors as their only protection sounds pretty fucking dumb to me.
    Made it 39 years without owning a gun, no problem at all... and I will NEVER own a gun personally... because i'm not scared... I'll be totally fine being the only American without a gun, don't need it

The love of my life carries a gun for work, and I fear for her safety every day.

Never liked guns, never will... they are only made to destroy... not impressed with gun owners that thinks it's awesome either... had a younger dipshit cousin bragging about buying an AR-15 at Christmas 2 years ago... he's never been hunting... lives in a suburban neighborhood...can bsrely keep a job... nice kid,  but he has no fucking clue... and he's bragging about owning an assault rifle... good job America, bravo 

Pathetic times in the USA
  • Options
    And I stand by my statement... arming teachers is the dumbest idea ive ever heard in my entire life... it's flat out lunacy... but what do I expect from a shithole country that cast 60,000,000+ votes for Donald F'n Trump

These answers are all short-sighted... we need to take a 50-100 year look at this, simply because America is littered with hundreds of millions of guns as mentioned... even if all guns were banned t mw we would still gave lots of issues in the coming years... take action now so maybe your grandchildren will live in a better place, because your kids are fucked
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited March 2018
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

NEVER as dumb as making teachers pack heat. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I see a Florida senator with an A+ rating from the NRA says the only thing that can stop massacres is "thoughts and prayers"...

She is an idiot. An idiot that is bought and paid for. 

Thoughts & prayers... What a f'n joke
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

Who is calling for “making” teachers pack heat?  I am in support of “allowing” them to if they meet certain requirements, but I would never be in favor of making anyone “pack heat”.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

Easy to say when you don't have kids going to school in America.

• Options
    my2hands said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

Made it 39 years without owning a gun, no problem at all... and I will NEVER own a gun personally... because i'm not scared... I'll be totally fine being the only American without a gun, don't need it

The love of my life carries a gun for work, and I fear for her safety every day.

Never liked guns, never will... they are only made to destroy... not impressed with gun owners that thinks it's awesome either... had a younger dipshit cousin bragging about buying an AR-15 at Christmas 2 years ago... he's never been hunting... lives in a suburban neighborhood...can bsrely keep a job... nice kid,  but he has no fucking clue... and he's bragging about owning an assault rifle... good job America, bravo 

Pathetic times in the USA
    You don't have to be scared to be dead.

It is pathetic, that's for sure.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:

Easy to say when you don't have kids going to school in America.

no it isn't. I can't seriously fathom being for arming teachers even if I lived there. I have family in Texas and Wisconsin that have kids in elementary and middle and high school. it scares the fuck out of me that this may happen to one of them at some point. and I can't imagine any of my relatives are pro-arming teachers either. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.