Aurora: AR-15
    Orlando: AR-15
    Las Vegas: AR-15
    Sandy Hook: AR-15
    Umpqua CC: AR-15
    San Bernardino: AR-15
    Sutherland Springs: AR-15

Nothing can be done.
    Well, one state made it illegal to own a bump stock with your pretty AR killing device.

Is there anybody on here opposed to the ban of owning AR-15 style assault rifles outside of LE and military?
    Yes.

You can't even get the terminology correct.

Besides I have been hearing non-stop for a year how "literally Hitler" was elected President, and now those people want "literally Hitler" to be the one in control of all firearms.

Why do you want to give "literally Hitler" oh and the white supremacist and racist and apparently woman abusing and Russian colluder so much control?
    every gun
    every owner
    every transfer
    documented

how's that for terminology
    Already is in my State.

So how does that stop a bad person from doing bad things?

it's not about stopping bad people from doing bad things
    it's about restricting the opportunities for bad people to do bad things so easily

how many times does it have to be explained to you gun-fetishists?  more guns = more gun deaths
    this is not a cultural issue of 'the usa has too many bad people", it's an issue of "the usa has too many guns and gun-nuts"

less guns, less gun deaths
    it really is that fucking simple, and has been proven the world over.  How is this not sinking in?

I'd just like to know how you propose doing this?

"But nobody is calling for a gun ban!"

edit: the same way they do it in every other modern industrialized nation that seems to make it through the week without a mass shooting

you act like this is so difficult

And what way is that?

I don't act.

If explain it to you, but you probably wouldn't understand the terminology. 

Typical conservative. Doesn't realize he's part of the problem. Wants progressives to fix it. 

It's sad this isn't an act. If you had any sense of shame or embarrassment, now would be the time for you to feel it. 
    I’d never ask a progressive to fix my problems, I handle them myself.
    Alright wise guy, then what's your solution to gun violence?  You seem pretty content with the status quo when that's clearly not working. 
    Could always ban leftists from owning firearms as most of the violence done in the US today is done by leftists.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue since you all hate guns anyway.

BTW, assault any Senators today?
    Your boy got his ass kicked 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Those bad ass angry violent leftists.

I remember when those antifa thugs brought all their guns to Charlottesville to intimidate those poor Nazis, even fired some shots at the crowd of defenseless Nazis.

And then that leftist punk ran that women over with his car.

I'm sure that's how it went down.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Hey Unsung would you rather Paul & his neighbor dual it out with their guns cause you know Paul will never win a fist fight 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.
    Well, one state made it illegal to own a bump stock with your pretty AR killing device.

Is there anybody on here opposed to the ban of owning AR-15 style assault rifles outside of LE and military?
    Yes.

Besides I have been hearing non-stop for a year how "literally Hitler" was elected President, and now those people want "literally Hitler" to be the one in control of all firearms.

Why do you want to give "literally Hitler" oh and the white supremacist and racist and apparently woman abusing and Russian colluder so much control?
    Ok. My apologies. I haven't fired an AR or its like in about 10 years. What is the correct terminology you would like me to use? You have lots of criticism, but no answers or suggestions. Only Mace seems to be able to provide some sort of reasonable discussion points.
    Have you ever shot one?

If not, I will take you out to a range and introduce you to one.  I can then go over terminology and show you how it operates, including breaking it down and re-assembling it.
    Yeah, did you read my answer? It's been about 9 years. I shot it several thousand times and was qualified with it before that. A crack shot with it. I could break it down and put it back together no problems. That's what I did.

Again, do you have any other suggestions. A civilian has no need to own an AR or other types of semi-auto assault rifles. Fear is the only reason no one is willing to give up these types of guns. Don't worry, we'll all die of lack of water and tillable land before the government comes for your guns. You will probably need your gun to protect your bunker of supplies from the raving masses of starving and thirsty.

Reminds me of this beautiful song;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-10lIrboM

Clearly yesterday proved that we need them, in order to stop bad people from harming others.

Thankfully it isn't the Bill of Needs.  Thankfully I don't need someone telling me what I do or don't.

You asked me what my terminology was, that lead me to believe your experience was not vast.  My terminology is what it actually is, not what the media says it is.
    pretty sure that guy didn't have an assault weapon
    Just following up:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/11/robert-farago/sutherland-springs-good-guy-gun-stephen-willeford-got-ar-15-safe-video/
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

Ok. My apologies. I haven't fired an AR or its like in about 10 years. What is the correct terminology you would like me to use? You have lots of criticism, but no answers or suggestions. Only Mace seems to be able to provide some sort of reasonable discussion points.
    Have you ever shot one?

If not, I will take you out to a range and introduce you to one.  I can then go over terminology and show you how it operates, including breaking it down and re-assembling it.
    Yeah, did you read my answer? It's been about 9 years. I shot it several thousand times and was qualified with it before that. A crack shot with it. I could break it down and put it back together no problems. That's what I did.

Again, do you have any other suggestions. A civilian has no need to own an AR or other types of semi-auto assault rifles. Fear is the only reason no one is willing to give up these types of guns. Don't worry, we'll all die of lack of water and tillable land before the government comes for your guns. You will probably need your gun to protect your bunker of supplies from the raving masses of starving and thirsty.

Clearly yesterday proved that we need them, in order to stop bad people from harming others.

Thankfully it isn't the Bill of Needs.  Thankfully I don't need someone telling me what I do or don't.

You asked me what my terminology was, that lead me to believe your experience was not vast.  My terminology is what it actually is, not what the media says it is.
    Just following up:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/11/robert-farago/sutherland-springs-good-guy-gun-stephen-willeford-got-ar-15-safe-video/
    Gloating as your follow-up to don't fuck with Texans. I don't get your thinking. Keep spinning this all as a positive. Again, another argument that only makes sense in a world where you allow everyone to own an assault rifle. Playing field has to be equal between good and evil when there's an open market.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said: 
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:p
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

every gun
    every owner
    every transfer
    documented

Already is in my State.

it's about restricting the opportunities for bad people to do bad things so easily

how many times does it have to be explained to you gun-fetishists?  more guns = more gun deaths
    this is not a cultural issue of 'the usa has too many bad people", it's an issue of "the usa has too many guns and gun-nuts"

it really is that fucking simple, and has been proven the world over.  How is this not sinking in?

edit: the same way they do it in every other modern industrialized nation that seems to make it through the week without a mass shooting

And what way is that?

I don't act.

Typical conservative. Doesn't realize he's part of the problem. Wants progressives to fix it. 

It's sad this isn't an act. If you had any sense of shame or embarrassment, now would be the time for you to feel it. 
    Alright wise guy, then what's your solution to gun violence?  You seem pretty content with the status quo when that's clearly not working. 
    Could always ban leftists from owning firearms as most of the violence done in the US today is done by leftists.

Do you think this guy is a leftist? Seems to be such a rational open minded guy. Good thing he had a gun to solve that problem with his son. What a rotten piece of shit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-kills-14-old-son-233839242.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
  • Options
    dignin said:

I remember when those antifa thugs brought all their guns to Charlottesville to intimidate those poor Nazis, even fired some shots at the crowd of defenseless Nazis.

Speaking of which, what happened to both of these groups?  Weren’t they supposed to duke it out again this past weekend?  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    the last two pages is part and parcel of why nothing gets done in the US regarding any fucking problem at all. no one can have a level headed, open, factual conversation anymore. it's all "I ain't budging an inch!". everything is "that side is wrong". 

Mental health checks won't solve anything on their own. if you have those in place, people will stop getting the help they need so they won't lose their second amendment rights. 

new gun laws won't do it on their own because there are already so many guns out there. it will take generations of the guns in the system to break down for that to make a difference. restrictions should be put in place, but thinking that would be an immediate fix is wishful. 

education at the very basic level needs to be implemented. what kind? not sure. if you go down the "respect all life" road, you are reopening the religion in schools debate. if you go down the "guns are bad" road, you are going to have the gun lobby breathing down the neck of all politicians and those programs won't get funding. if you go down the "gun safety" road, you are going to have people like me screaming to not encourage gun usage to kids. 

anyone have any logical, multi-faceted approach that they think might honestly work? anything they've read about?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Speaking of which, what happened to both of these groups?  Weren’t they supposed to duke it out again this past weekend?  

The whole start of the next civil war thing? Big, bad leftists beheading the snowflakes on the right? Just alt-right propaganda. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    here's a great article on the subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/health/guns-mental-health-texas-trump/index.html

from the article:

Instead of policies that restrict gun access based solely on mental illness diagnoses or because a person has made contact with the judicial system or health care agencies due to mental illness, the American Psychological Association, the National Alliance on Mental Illness and other advocacy groups have called for gun access criteria based on more subtle indicators of potentially dangerous behavior.
    Those indicators -- such as having past or pending violent misdemeanor convictions or charges, domestic violence restraining orders or multiple DUI convictions -- have been largely informed by the work of Swanson and others.

Swanson supports intervention at the point of purchase through comprehensive background checks -- but to make background checks work, criteria for inclusion on the database should be based on other indicators of risk besides mental health history, such as those indicators of aggressive, impulsive or risky behavior.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    the last two pages is part and parcel of why nothing gets done in the US regarding any fucking problem at all. no one can have a level headed, open, factual conversation anymore. it's all "I ain't budging an inch!". everything is "that side is wrong". 

Mental health checks won't solve anything on their own. if you have those in place, people will stop getting the help they need so they won't lose their second amendment rights. 

new gun laws won't do it on their own because there are already so many guns out there. it will take generations of the guns in the system to break down for that to make a difference. restrictions should be put in place, but thinking that would be an immediate fix is wishful. 

education at the very basic level needs to be implemented. what kind? not sure. if you go down the "respect all life" road, you are reopening the religion in schools debate. if you go down the "guns are bad" road, you are going to have the gun lobby breathing down the neck of all politicians and those programs won't get funding. if you go down the "gun safety" road, you are going to have people like me screaming to not encourage gun usage to kids. 

anyone have any logical, multi-faceted approach that they think might honestly work? anything they've read about?

To the bolded part:

Yes. There would be no immediate fix. The problem is profound. But... I think the general idea which should be endorsed is meaningful legislation that gives the next generation of Americans an opportunity to worry less about these types of events.

There has to be a sacrifice of some sort. Young American men died in Europe to ensure quality of life for future generations (cue asinine 'they did it to protect the constitution which says I have the right to...' comments). One's life is quite a price to pay- it's much steeper than conceding a machine gun so you can't shoot shit with it.

It's selfishness (wilful ignorance) or sheer stupidity. Pure and simple.

Trump. Guns. Nazis.

Nice country!  
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The thing about it is that there are laws in place that would have totally made it more difficult for this douchbag to get his gun.  The air force fucked up by not following through with their reporting requirements that would have flagged him when he tried to purchase one.  I read somewhere that he had been denied a CCW, but this was someone that a lot of people knew was fucked up well beyond others that are probably denied the right to purchase firearms.  The government literally failed the people by not reporting this guy...will probably see a number of law suites regarding this in the following days.
  • Options

To the bolded part:

Yes. There would be no immediate fix. The problem is profound. But... I think the general idea which should be endorsed is meaningful legislation that gives the next generation of Americans an opportunity to worry less about these types of events.

There has to be a sacrifice of some sort. Young American men died in Europe to ensure quality of life for future generations (cue asinine 'they did it to protect the constitution which says I have the right to...' comments). One's life is quite a price to pay- it's much steeper than conceding a machine gun so you can't shoot shit with it.

It's selfishness (wilful ignorance) or sheer stupidity. Pure and simple.

Trump. Guns. Nazis.

Nice country!  
    yes, that was my point, that it will take a long freaking time to get any meaningful, tangible change to be witnessed. my fear would be that we'd head to place of progress (which we won't), with some consensus on change, and if no real change was seen in, say, 10 years, that would get reversed and we'd be right back to where we started. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

The whole start of the next civil war thing? Big, bad leftists beheading the snowflakes on the right? Just alt-right propaganda. 
    Maybe so, there were like 30 people that showed up to the Austin rally...no momentum whatsoever.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Maybe so, there were like 30 people that showed up to the Austin rally...no momentum whatsoever.

Rallies went ahead in 20 cities. Hundreds of peaceful participants in many, like LA. No beheadings.

This article talks about the alt-right manufactured this story

http://time.com/5008829/antifa-november-4-rumors/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    The thing about it is that there are laws in place that would have totally made it more difficult for this douchbag to get his gun.  The air force fucked up by not following through with their reporting requirements that would have flagged him when he tried to purchase one.  I read somewhere that he had been denied a CCW, but this was someone that a lot of people knew was fucked up well beyond others that are probably denied the right to purchase firearms.  The government literally failed the people by not reporting this guy...will probably see a number of law suites regarding this in the following days.

Come on.

If the 'government failed the people'... it failed well before a clerical error. Kowtowing to the NRA and like-minded idiots is your government's error.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Rallies went ahead in 20 cities. Hundreds of peaceful participants in many, like LA. No beheadings.

It was a laughable premise anyway.  They obviously do not have the numbers to start a “civil war”.  Just saying that the group (Antifa) in general seems to have lost any momentum that they had.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Guess you didn't look at the map of mass shootings too closely. LOL. Ignorance is bliss.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Were these the antifa terrorists or just normies?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

It was a laughable premise anyway.  They obviously do not have the numbers to start a “civil war”.  Just saying that the group (Antifa) in general seems to have lost any momentum that they had.
    Mueller seems to have a lot of momentum.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

Have you ever shot one?

Just following up:
    That's fine....I stand corrected.  I had just heard that he grabbed his "rifle" from a safe which I assumed was just non assault weapon.

But the important thing to remember is that (while I completely support and commend this guy...for keeping his gun in a safe and for using it) this "good guy with a gun" did not stop the massacre.  We could argue that the shooter may have planned to go somewhere else and continue killing but I doubt that is the case.  It appears that his goal was to kill his mother in law and luckily for her she wasn't at the church.

The shooter was leaving the scene when he was shot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

There's people who totally believe this civil war thing is going to happen. And every time any violence happens, they use that to confirm that it's happening. Kinda weird.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Mueller seems to have a lot of momentum.
    Um...that’s cool?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

There's people who totally believe this civil war thing is going to happen. And every time any violence happens, they use that to confirm that it's happening. Kinda weird.
    The people who believe that a civil war is coming and that antifa is behind the recent mass shootings are more then likely the same sort of people who believe that President Barack Obama is still going to send in his U.N. troops to take everyones guns.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said: 
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

every gun
    every owner
    every transfer
    documented

Already is in my State.

And what way is that?

I don't act.

The law that could have stopped this was there, the Air Force failed to comply.  

That's not offering a solution. 

"enforcing existing laws" when existing laws obviously aren't working is a cop out. 

weak sauce, do better
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

Have you ever shot one?

Just following up:
    That's fine....I stand corrected.  I had just heard that he grabbed his "rifle" from a safe which I assumed was just non assault weapon.

But the important thing to remember is that (while I completely support and commend this guy...for keeping his gun in a safe and for using it) this "good guy with a gun" did not stop the massacre.  We could argue that the shooter may have planned to go somewhere else and continue killing but I doubt that is the case.  It appears that his goal was to kill his mother in law and luckily for her she wasn't at the church.

The shooter was leaving the scene when he was shot.
    At the very least they stopped him from escaping, no one can know if this was his end game, but he was trying to escape.  The only reasons I can think of why he would try and escape would be to either get away with what he had just done or to continue what he was doing.  From what I have read, he was still shooting at people (outside of the church) when he was shot.  At that moment, he got to experience the pain that he had been inflicting on others.  I’m glad there was a good guy with a gun there to give him a taste of his own medicine.  His control of the situation (whatever his plan was) was ended by a local armed citizen.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said: 
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:

Nothing can be done.

Yes.

every gun
    every owner
    every transfer
    documented

Already is in my State.

And what way is that?

I don't act.

this is bold-faced lie and you know it is.  why do you continually spout lies that are easily dis-proven? liar
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.