Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Holy shit some of you need to learn today's vocabulary word: sarcasm. 
    I'll remember your joy of sarcasm the next time a brown man sets off a bomb in a crowd. Who knows, maybe you'll know some of the deceased so the sarcasm will be all the more appreciated.
    Lighten up Francis. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'll remember your joy of sarcasm the next time a brown man sets off a bomb in a crowd. Who knows, maybe you'll know some of the deceased so the sarcasm will be all the more appreciated.
    Ironically, you preemptively struck that scenario with more sarcasm.  Well done!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    You guys are fucking idiots if you think making light of this issue is ok when there are still bodies waiting to be buried.
    It's all a big joke to you, hehe haha hoho, I shoot my bang bang hehe.

Grow up and get a fucking life.
    Positive post right here.  Constructive criticism too, well done.

The man does have a point though.
    Again, no he doesn't. Also, I am wondering if you had any further thoughts on this which I posted last week. If we want to have some real discussion:
    tbergs said:
    No.

I want to be able to own 17 guns and no one tell me what to do with them.
    What's your middle ground? Where are you willing to meet those seeking more stringent ownership, policy or laws? So we ban bump stocks, big whoop, doesn't change every other gun related murder or mean that they still aren't available through different means. You want 17 guns, someone against guns thinks that's overkill and wants 1. You wouldn't be willing to meet at 10 or less?
    No.  Reason being I am not a fan of the government telling me/you what we can and can't do.  

Also not a fan of taking any rights away.  Once they are gone it's nearly impossible to get them back.  For this instance I'm sure you'd be fine with that but I'm not.

Background checks?  Sure.

National registration?  No.

Gun training mandatory?  Sure.
    Why no on the national registry? Are you concerned that the registry will some day be used to identify everyone who has guns and then they can take them because they know you have them? If that's the mindset, what does it matter if they know for sure? You'll either be using them to defend yourself if you think it's some sort of government coup or what, everyone who owns a gun will be targeted so agents on behalf of the government will be sent to seize their stockpile?

By the way, what does one do with 17 guns upon their death? Will them away? My dad probably has over 50 guns and a stockpile of ammo that I have no idea what I'm going to do with when he dies because I don't want them, but I also don't want them redistributed to people who may use them for harm. I get the gun culture to a degree because I grew up in it, but I don't because it seems paranoid for the excessive ownership.

You should probably melt them all down and throw all of the ammo in a lake...If you turn them into the police, they will auction them off.  Sorry that your father is such a paranoid gun  nut, that must be very difficult.
    Nice try....Maybe answer why so many are against the registry.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Exactly.  And some gun owners will say they don't use guns to kill (even though that is the purpose) like to target practice.  I can thank some of my neighbors who do that for driving my anxiety bat shit crazy up the wall on a bad day.  Not cool.  Besides why do they really target practice for?  Do they never think about how that might make them better at killing?  Hmmmm...
    Target practice is important, especially for a hunter.  No need to make a wild animal suffer because you were irresponsible and did not zero your scope in accurately...
    That assumes you can justify killing wild animals.  But we've already been over all that.  I stand by my words.  Guns are made for killing.
    Even this gun?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flare_gun

You're a sick fuck. It's disgusting how you have chosen to respond. I don't always agree with your point, but I have at least though it is based in some sort of fact, but you have completely ruined your stance and credibility with this childish display today.
    Save a life, ban a knife.  Fact, a flare gun is not used to kill people...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!
    It's just 60 people shot dead at a concert!  No reason not to make light of that with childish sarcasm.
    Let's all make dead country music fan jokes!

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:
    Del, I am most disappointed with you. 
    Not being able to recognize sarcasm is a sign of other underlying mental health issues.  If you do not understand sarcasm, then you most definitely should not own a knife.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!
    It's just 60 people shot dead at a concert!  No reason not to make light of that with childish sarcasm.

There is another thread about the Vegas shooting, maybe you should discuss that there.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Exactly.  And some gun owners will say they don't use guns to kill (even though that is the purpose) like to target practice.  I can thank some of my neighbors who do that for driving my anxiety bat shit crazy up the wall on a bad day.  Not cool.  Besides why do they really target practice for?  Do they never think about how that might make them better at killing?  Hmmmm...
    Target practice is important, especially for a hunter.  No need to make a wild animal suffer because you were irresponsible and did not zero your scope in accurately...
    That assumes you can justify killing wild animals.  But we've already been over all that.  I stand by my words.  Guns are made for killing.
    Even this gun?

You're a sick fuck. It's disgusting how you have chosen to respond. I don't always agree with your point, but I have at least though it is based in some sort of fact, but you have completely ruined your stance and credibility with this childish display today.
    PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Not being able to recognize sarcasm is a sign of other underlying mental health issues.  If you do not understand sarcasm, then you most definitely should not own a knife.
    Posts to be proud of for sure.  Trolling, mocking, and disrespecting the dead all at the same time!

Keeping it classy.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!

I must have missed the part where I made a joke about a mass shooting. That s something I d never do. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!

I must have missed the part where I made a joke about a mass shooting. That s something I d never do. 
    Yeah, sure. 
    Your sarcastic jokes aren't disrespectful at all.
  • Options
    It is illegal to carry a knife here so technically they are banned. I think its a prison sentence for carrying a knife. I was just stating that its a problem . Guns are only made to kill. You can kill with anything really. I can't understand the parallel though. This guy didn't and couldn't kill 59 people by throwing his cutlery out of a hotel window. I was thinking there is crazy everywhere and here its with knives mainly because we don't have gun culture at all.Also you can blame the music of the youth today slightly for whats happening here. Glorifying stupid fake lives they sing about like they live in a ghetto when they are middle class rich kids probably
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    You guys are fucking idiots if you think making light of this issue is ok when there are still bodies waiting to be buried.

Again, no he doesn't. Also, I am wondering if you had any further thoughts on this which I posted last week. If we want to have some real discussion:
    tbergs said:
    No.

What's your middle ground? Where are you willing to meet those seeking more stringent ownership, policy or laws? So we ban bump stocks, big whoop, doesn't change every other gun related murder or mean that they still aren't available through different means. You want 17 guns, someone against guns thinks that's overkill and wants 1. You wouldn't be willing to meet at 10 or less?
    No.  Reason being I am not a fan of the government telling me/you what we can and can't do.  

Also not a fan of taking any rights away.  Once they are gone it's nearly impossible to get them back.  For this instance I'm sure you'd be fine with that but I'm not.

Why no on the national registry? Are you concerned that the registry will some day be used to identify everyone who has guns and then they can take them because they know you have them? If that's the mindset, what does it matter if they know for sure? You'll either be using them to defend yourself if you think it's some sort of government coup or what, everyone who owns a gun will be targeted so agents on behalf of the government will be sent to seize their stockpile?

By the way, what does one do with 17 guns upon their death? Will them away? My dad probably has over 50 guns and a stockpile of ammo that I have no idea what I'm going to do with when he dies because I don't want them, but I also don't want them redistributed to people who may use them for harm. I get the gun culture to a degree because I grew up in it, but I don't because it seems paranoid for the excessive ownership.

You should probably melt them all down and throw all of the ammo in a lake...If you turn them into the police, they will auction them off.  Sorry that your father is such a paranoid gun  nut, that must be very difficult.
    I think people fear that the data would be used in other ways.  People fear them not being able to pass their property down to their children, people fear a government lunatic using it to confiscate, and others have other reasons.  I also just think that a lot of people do not like further government encroachment.  Who knows when the leftist equivalent of a Donald Trump may get elected...
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Even this gun?

PJPOWER said:

mcgruff10 said:
    Posts to be proud of for sure.  Trolling, mocking, and disrespecting the dead all at the same time!

Keeping it classy.
    I’m not sure where I disrespected the dead?  You are the one bringing the Vegas shooting into this...classy indeed.  Didn’t realize you were so easily triggered...Please, for the love of humanity, do not purchase a knife!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!

Yeah, sure. 
    Disrespectful?  I'm not sure how.  
    PJpower (I assume) and I jumped on the anti-gun theory of if you make guns illegal the problem will go away.  So we correlated it the knife problem in England; if knives are such a problem and the poster is actually fearing for his/her children then they should be outright banned.  If knives are banned then no crime.    
    Again, not seeing how being sarcastic about knives (and using the anti-gun rhetoric of if we can just save one life...) can be disrespectful to mass shootings or hoping when brown people blow themselves up I know someone who died.  

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!

Yeah, sure. 
    PJpower (I assume) and I jumped on the anti-gun theory of if you make guns illegal the problem will go away.  So we correlated it the knife problem in England; if knives are such a problem and the poster is actually fearing for his/her children then they should be outright banned.  If knives are banned then no crime.    
    Again, not seeing how being sarcastic about knives (and using the anti-gun rhetoric of if we can just save one life...) can be disrespectful to mass shootings or hoping when brown people blow themselves up I know someone who died.  

Typical leftist eccentric strategy...demonize, demonize, demonize, twist, twist, twist.  I’m not surprised.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Like I said, the thought processes of the pro-gun folk....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

tbergs said:
    No.

I think people fear that the data would be used in other ways.  People fear them not being able to pass their property down to their children, people fear a government lunatic using it to confiscate, and others have other reasons.  I also just think that a lot of people do not like further government encroachment.  Who knows when the leftist equivalent of a Donald Trump may get elected...
    Ok, so no real legitimate concern besides paranoia of the what if? I thought gun owners and the rest of us weren't supposed to live in fear? I'm fearful not properly tracking all firearms sales will lead to more dead bodies, but the other sides fear is complete loss of their property? That sounds like an equal argument. How would that even happen? As I referenced, how would all of these guns be taken away if that day were to come? It would take more than a 51 - 50 senate vote to make public citizens turn over their 20 guns. And at that point, you either hide the gun away for good or turn it in, right? Do you think millions will be imprisoned for failure to turn over their guns? This nightmare of all guns disappearing just makes no sense.
  • Options
    Like I said, the thought processes of the pro-gun folk....
    The ability to pick up and use sarcasm is high level.....I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    This is a thread about gun violence in America, and we are still laying to rest the victims of the worst single instance of gun violence in America.

If you think it's an appropriate time to voice your immature sarcasm, that's on you.
    I call bullshit when I see it, and it stinks around here.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lighten up Francis. 
    Yeah, lighten up!

Yeah, sure. 

Typical leftist eccentric strategy...demonize, demonize, demonize, twist, twist, twist.  I’m not surprised.
    Nobody twisted words. The problem from the beginning is that you guys are comparing a gun to knife. I guess there is no discussion if that's the line of thinking. The poster made a comment about knife violence and you twisted it in to a comparison about guns. A gun is made only to kill things, a knife can be used to kills things.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    This is a thread about gun violence in America, and we are still laying to rest the victims of the worst single instance of gun violence in America.

If you think it's an appropriate time to voice your immature sarcasm, that's on you.
    Ok so sarcasm not about mass shootings still disrespects people shot and killed in the worst single instance of gun violence in America.  Got it.  

• Options
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

tbergs said:
    No.

Ok, so no real legitimate concern besides paranoia of the what if? I thought gun owners and the rest of us weren't supposed to live in fear? I'm fearful not properly tracking all firearms sales will lead to more dead bodies, but the other sides fear is complete loss of their property? That sounds like an equal argument. How would that even happen? As I referenced, how would all of these guns be taken away if that day were to come? It would take more than a 51 - 50 senate vote to make public citizens turn over their 20 guns. And at that point, you either hide the gun away for good or turn it in, right? Do you think millions will be imprisoned for failure to turn over their guns? This nightmare of all guns disappearing just makes no sense.
    I’m not really sure.  I do not fear the government taking away my firearms.  But many do.  Maybe, if you want a registry to get implemented, there should be some wording such as “it is a federal crime to use this registry as a tool for a government entity to confiscate firearms”...??  Again, I think most just do not fully trust the government with information such as medical records, household possessions, anything.  I’m not going to try and assume why so many others are against registration any more than I would try and assume why so many anti-gun folks push so hard for it...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Ok so sarcasm not about mass shootings still disrespects people shot and killed in the worst single instance of gun violence in America.  Got it.  

I just thought we were talking about the UK and their terrible knife problem...?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I just thought we were talking about the UK and their terrible knife problem...?
    And by doing so I learned that you and I disrespected the people who died in Las Vegas.  
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

And by doing so I learned that you and I disrespected the people who died in Las Vegas.  
    Seriously, it’s not like one of us said that we were glad to see a bunch of county music loving Trump supporters get gunned down...Only leftist eccentric news reporters say dumb shit like that...or this person:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/02/cbs-fires-lawyer-for-facebook-post-saying-las-vegas-victims-do-not-deserve-sympathy/?utm_term=.594dd21d177e
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Would you stand by your conduct today if you knew one of the 500 people who were shot last week were reading this?  What about the family of one of the 59 people who died?
    You wouldn't be ashamed to have made your little wannabe cute and wannabe clever quips?

Did you do the same a week after 9/11?  I doubt it.

• Options
    Mcgruff!  Stop melting the snowflakes!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I got "triggered".  
    Shit happens.

For the record, I know someone who was shot last week.  I just found out last night.  Only a friend of a friend, and she's going to make a full recovery.
    I'm sure she would think your little gun/knife fun with words was just brilliant and oh so cute.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Would you stand by your conduct today if you knew one of the 500 people who were shot last week were reading this?  What about the family of one of the 59 people who died?
    You wouldn't be ashamed to have made your little wannabe cute and wannabe clever quips?

Again, I would never disrespect anybody who died or got hurt in last week's shooting nor do I think my sarcastic remarks about banning knives in England correlated at all to what happened in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Would I make a joke about banning knives in England in front of people who were shot last week in Las Vegas...um I guess. (although I fail to see how that would be brought up in conversation)
     Would I make a joke about bump stocks?  Obviously no.  Big difference.  

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    edited October 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Again, I would never disrespect anybody who died or got hurt in last week's shooting nor do I think my sarcastic remarks about banning knives in England correlated at all to what happened in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Would I make a joke about banning knives in England in front of people who were shot last week in Las Vegas...um I guess. (although I fail to see how that would be brought up in conversation)
     Would I make a joke about bump stocks?  Obviously no.  Big difference.  

you disrespect them by defending guns and gun owners.
This discussion has been closed.