Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    No indication of motive yet?

Obviously police had grounds to just shoot him, but that would be one you would sure wish had ended with him being taken alive for questioning. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Just a small price to pay so I can have my toys. 

https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/

Thoughts and prayers guys, that's the answer. 

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    GUNS DON'T  KILL PEOPLE

GUN OWNERS KILL PEOPLE
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Biggest mass shooting in our history until the next one !!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    MayDay10 said:
    Im kind of ignorant on the subject.  That kind of weapon is illegal, right?
    Yes, makes me wonder how the hell he got ahold of a full automatic

• Options
    You can buy as many rounds as you wish there is no limit in Nevada pull up to your local gun shop and fill your trunk and then you can just wheel in all of your bullets and guns up to you room !!! No one will stop you ...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    A class three liscense can get you automatic weapons.  Lots of background checks I believe but don't quote me on that.  These weapons cost a pretty penny and are illegal here in jersey so I am not that versed in the subject. 
    Pretty sure all automatic weapons had to be made before 1986.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Anyone can own an Automatic weapon.  Pass a background check, pay for your class 3 stamp then purchase the gun. They are expensive though.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Anyone can own an Automatic weapon.  Pass a background check, pay for your class 3 stamp then purchase the gun. They are expensive though.
    I'm not aware that those are legal in my state, irregardless,I didnt think they were legal in other states as well, I stand corrected.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    GUNS DON'T  KILL PEOPLE

GUN OWNERS KILL PEOPLE

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:
    Videos seem to show that it was one of those automatic weapons that nobody has.
    Or that are so hard to buy with all the laws in place im amazed that anyone has these !
    Those were fully automatic shots, not your run of the mill ar-15.  There are very strict laws in place regarding those...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Or that are so hard to buy with all the laws in place im amazed that anyone has these !
    Those were fully automatic shots, not your run of the mill ar-15.  There are very strict laws in place regarding those...
    Not strict enough. 
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    let's get something straight.  guns do not kill people.  people kill people.  if this guy didn't have access to a gun he would have used a high power sling shot.  we all know the damage those things can do.  where do we draw the line? 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Not strict enough. 
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Not strict enough. 
    There is some speculation that the weapon may have been modified to perform as a full automatic.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    a gunsmith can take a semiautomatic weapon & turn it into a automatic weapon. it doesn't take much    
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    such a sad day
    people having access to automatic guns like this should not happen. period. there is no need for anyone to own this gun
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Not strict enough. 
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Not strict enough. 
    There is some speculation that the weapon may have been modified to perform as a full automatic.

Doesn't matter. My comment still stands. 
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    to the people who vote for politicians who consistently vote against gun control: THIS IS ON YOU
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    Well, another chance for Congress to fail to address the issue of guns and gun violence. Whether or not someone can currently purchase and own these types of weapons for a large fee is not the issue, it's why do we as a country allow such a thing to be legal no matter what the cost? So if you're rich, you get to buy a bunch of insanely deadly weaponry?

If the NRA, gun lobbyists and any other gun advocacy groups really cared about saving lives, they would be looking for a solution with Congress instead of waiting for the silver lining in this shooting that doesn't harm their 2nd amendment narrative. You know they are waiting for some piece of information to drop that allows deflection away from it just being a legal gun owner who passed their background and had no other red flags.

Let's also await a series of dumb statements/tweets by the large fucktard who can't lead under any circumstances.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    But but the Immigrants the Muslim refugees are our biggest threat not some 64 yr old white dude who had no problem buying as many bullets and weapons as money could buy !!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    manufacturers could stop producing all guns right this second & there would be guns forever, as well as all the ammo all the guns need. countless folks load & reload their shells. if someone is a gun enthusiast & they do not know how to load & reload their own shells, they are not a gun enthusiast. if someone is a gun enthusiast & they can not tear down a gun, do some tweaking on it... yeah they are not as skilled as they think they are.    
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    vaggar99 said:
    to the people who vote for politicians who consistently vote against gun control: THIS IS ON YOU
    I agree. Blood on their hands.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    edited October 2017
    my2hands said:
    Awful.  I would think responsible gun owners would have actually taken the lead in this.  But unfortunately it seems all many gun owners can do is scream about freedom and a tyrannical government while others are screaming for their lives running from idiots with too powerful guns with too much ammunition. 

Amen
    saying someone is a responsible gun owner is like saying someone is a responsible drunk driver.  in my opinion they are both idiotic. i'm sick and tired of these gun people deflecting every time something this bad happens.  fuck them and fuck the GOP for allowing these types of guns to still be sold.  now i expect the gun folks here to attack me in 3...2..... GO
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    It's funny how all the headlines are reading 'we don't believe this was an act of terrorism'.  Sure seemed like a lot of terror to me.  He wasn't a Muslim though.

This could be stopped, but f'ing idiots love their guns.
  • Options
    chadwick said:
    manufacturers could stop producing all guns right this second & there would be guns forever, as well as all the ammo all the guns need. countless folks load & reload their shells. if someone is a gun enthusiast & they do not know how to load & reload their own shells, they are not a gun enthusiast. if someone is a gun enthusiast & they can not tear down a gun, do some tweaking on it... yeah they are not as skilled as they think they are.    
    The reason I don't "tweak" firearms is because I want to be able to own them forever.  You get caught with a modified weapon and you don't get to own them anymore...
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    chadwick said:
    if you're a gun enthusiast trying to explain how this couldn't have been prevented, you're complicit in this tragedy
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    dignin said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I agree. Blood on their hands.
    I get what you're saying, but it's not really that simple. I doubt most people truly look at a politicians stance on every issue and most times are balancing the importance of the issues that directly impact them. Many don't think they are contributing to gun violence, but I don't necessarily agree that it is blood on their hands.

You're also viewing it from a liberal lens. Conversatives generally are pro life and would say the same thing to those supporting a pro choice politician. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    such a sad day
    people having access to automatic guns like this should not happen. period. there is no need for anyone to own this gun

Yep.  No need at all.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    That sounded like an automatic weapon that would lay down ground cover for advancing troops in a war zone.
This discussion has been closed.