Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Jacksonville police arrest mother’s boyfriend after 8-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister
    http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-02-05/jacksonville-police-arrest-mother-s-boyfriend-after-8-year-old-boy-accidentally

How does this part of the story factor in?
    "Maurice Antonio Mobley, 34, of Jacksonville is charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon"
    Last time I checked, it is already illegal for a convicted felon to own a firearm.
    That's probably why he was charged with posession.
    And probably why you're not going to win anyone over on the pro-second amendment side that arm themselves to protect their families from felons that are in possession of firearms.
    It's tough to debate someone who is adopting a position based on fear.
    Exactly, so many people fear the non-felon gun owners. They fear fear fear based on Bloomberg/most Democrat rhetoric.
    the only time I really think about guns is when I'm here on AMT. Do I fear guns? YEP. Why? not because of any type of leftist rhetoric. because human beings are not smart enough, at the lowest end of the spectrum, to be responsible enough to personally own a weapon designed to kill.

and now your president apparently wants to lift restrictions and make that spectrum even lower.

mentally ill? here, take this! *tosses psycho a gun*
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Jacksonville police arrest mother’s boyfriend after 8-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister
    http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-02-05/jacksonville-police-arrest-mother-s-boyfriend-after-8-year-old-boy-accidentally

"Maurice Antonio Mobley, 34, of Jacksonville is charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon"
    Last time I checked, it is already illegal for a convicted felon to own a firearm.
    And probably why you're not going to win anyone over on the pro-second amendment side that arm themselves to protect their families from felons that are in possession of firearms.
    Exactly, so many people fear the non-felon gun owners. They fear fear fear based on Bloomberg/most Democrat rhetoric.
    the only time I really think about guns is when I'm here on AMT. Do I fear guns? YEP. Why? not because of any type of leftist rhetoric. because human beings are not smart enough, at the lowest end of the spectrum, to be responsible enough to personally own a weapon designed to kill.

and now your president apparently wants to lift restrictions and make that spectrum even lower.

mentally ill? here, take this! *tosses psycho a gun*
    Hey, don't forget it's his right, mentally ill or no. He can't drive though- too dangerous!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Not really. Innocent people die as a direct result of people buying guns because of the irrationality that a gun makes them safer.
    Post a story about your scenario and I'll post just as many about a situation where a gun owner did potentially save themselves or others. Of course it's hard to quantify lives saved...because no one knows what a death toll might be. Happens all the time, though.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Given the amounts of Communists around and considering their recent actions I will never give up my firearms. I also don't go to areas where they will be but you never know where they are rioting in advance.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Given the amounts of Communists around and considering their recent actions I will never give up my firearms. I also don't go to areas where they will be but you never know where they are rioting in advance.

How are you getting internet access from 1954?
  • Options
    unsung said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    edited February 2017
    unsung said:

Communists?

Better get the town folk together to fight off all those damn commies.....
    https://youtu.be/91YeWT-48-Y
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

watch them Bolsheviks like a hawk kid
  • Options

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    WOLVERINES

PS this movie would never be made in todays day in age. Hollyweird wants yo guns too 'merica
  • Options
  • Options
    rssesq said:

WOLVERINES

PS this movie would never be made in todays day in age. Hollyweird wants yo guns too 'merica

Not because of anything with guns, because Putin's our pal, now.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    Tantrum? Just reading that has already made me safer from a home invasion.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rssesq said:

More anti-Semitism from the esteemed lawyer!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

unsung said:

Hahaha good one!
    It's getting hard to think Unsung is a real thing, like, there can't really be someone so wacky getting along successfully in life, can there?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

Hahaha good one!
    It's getting hard to think Unsung is a real thing, like, there can't really be someone so wacky getting along successfully in life, can there?
    LOL, despite your parasitic policies I am thriving. I opt out whatever I can even though I pay 50% of my income in taxes. Don't worry the freeloader train is coming to an end.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:
    Tantrum? Just reading that has already made me safer from a home invasion.
    Hahaha! Don't worry, when seconds count the police are only minutes away!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I read that too. I'm not holding my breath, I would rather have the ATF abolished.
  • Options
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:
    I read that too. I'm not holding my breath, I would rather have the ATF abolished.
    Which seems like a possibility as well
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    unsung said:

oh ok guess id better give you a headsup then so you can steer clear of the areas ill be in ... i shall be in the states of california, washington & alaska within the next 3 weeks... i havent filled all my days so there could be some rioting if i cant think of something else to amuse myself. ;):) may peace be upon you.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Hahaha good one!
    LOL, despite your parasitic policies I am thriving. I opt out whatever I can even though I pay 50% of my income in taxes. Don't worry the freeloader train is coming to an end.
    If you pay 50% you're doing it wrong.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:
    I think we need a well-regulated militia department.
  • Options

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Hahaha good one!
    If you pay 50% you're doing it wrong.
    If you figure all forms of taxation that you are forced to pay 50% might be on the low side.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

unsung said:

:rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambs said:

rssesq said:

OK, I get it, America's greatest ally, the right Honorable Winston Churchill was a KNOWN anti-Semite. First time I ever heard that. Never heard it getting a BA in Poly Sci with a minor in history, not when I received an MA in international rela, nor when I attained a Doctorate in Jurisprudence from a private Northeast Uni. And guess who authored and published 90% of those ABSURDLY PRICED TEXTBOOKS? ;)

• Options
    rssesq said:

rgambs said:

rssesq said:

OK, I get it, America's greatest ally, the right Honorable Winston Churchill was a KNOWN anti-Semite. First time I ever heard that. Never heard it getting a BA in Poly Sci with a minor in history, not when I received an MA in international rela, nor when I attained a Doctorate in Jurisprudence from a private Northeast Uni. And guess who authored and published 90% of those ABSURDLY PRICED TEXTBOOKS? ;)

Cool story, bro!

Is that your first post without a mention of something related to Judaism or it's adherents?
    Nope. It isn't. Someday though, I have faith it will happen!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    edited February 2017
    The 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals has struck down the Florida Firearms Owners' Privacy Act, a law designed to prevent doctors and other health professionals from even asking about the presence of a gun in a home with children, and counseling on gun safety. Apparently even the conservative members of the court did not believe that the case had adequately been made that the Second Amendment trumps the First.

Funny how some Republicans are very concerned about not being harassed when getting medical treatment. Unless you're a pregnant woman, of course.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/02/the_11th_circuit_strikes_down_florida_s_docs_vs_glocks_law.html
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Indian shot dead in Kansas bar, shooter yelled 'get out of my country'

The shooter, Adam Purinton, reportedly got into an argument with Srinivas Kuchibhotla and his colleague Alok Madasani over racism, and shouted "get out of my country", "terrorist" before shooting them.

http://m.rediff.com/news/report/indian-shot-dead-in-kansas-bar-shooter-shouted-get-out-of-my-country/20170224.htm
This discussion has been closed.