Good News

15678911»

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 12,481
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Willie Nelson Rescued 70 Horses From Slaughterhouse to Roam on His Ranch in Texas

Eat vegetarian = No horses or other animals in slaughterhouses.

Cute Willy:

Vegetarians taste awful though....unless seasoned correctly.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 5,213
    brianlux said:
    Good show Willie!

Willie Nelson Rescued 70 Horses From Slaughterhouse to Roam on His Ranch in Texas

Eat vegetarian = No horses or other animals in slaughterhouses.

Cute Willy:

Vegetarians taste awful though....unless seasoned correctly.
    True, I eat many vegetarian animals.
    "At least I'm housebroken"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,094
    The joke was sort of funny at first but then became in which the "good news" thread becomes a put down on vegetarians.  Hmmm.
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 12,481
    brianlux said:
    The joke was sort of funny at first but then became in which the "good news" thread becomes a put down on vegetarians.  Hmmm.
    Good call. My bad. Though not sure it was the first inappropriate post.

Good news - I saw an article where some people on vacation in Ireland saved a 6 year old swept out to sea!!
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    Good call. My bad. Though not sure it was the first inappropriate post.

Good news - I saw an article where some people on vacation in Ireland saved a 6 year old swept out to sea!!
    No worries.

Saved girl is good news!  Reminds me of all those Irish ballads about being lost at sea.  They must have some turbulent waters there.
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 15,553

Ethiopia planted more than 353 million trees in 12 hours on Monday, which officials believe is a world record. 

The burst of tree planting was part of a wider reforestation campaign named "Green Legacy," spearheaded by the country's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. Millions of Ethiopians across the country were invited to take part in the challenge and within the first six hours, Ahmed tweeted that around 150 million trees had been planted.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/29/africa/ethiopia-plants-350-million-trees-intl-hnk/index.html
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
    Arnold celebrating his birthday with Sly and Dolph:

The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 396

Dads adopt 6 siblings from foster care: ‘We just instantly fell in love’

https://www.today.com/video/dads-adopt-6-siblings-from-foster-care-we-just-instantly-fell-in-love-65486405719
    <3
    Renfield said:

https://www.today.com/video/dads-adopt-6-siblings-from-foster-care-we-just-instantly-fell-in-love-65486405719
    <3
    Dad with dream of creating his own Hansons adopts 6 siblings from foster care: "I just knew there was a great business opportunity here".
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NYPosts: 396
    Renfield said:

<3
    Dad with dream of creating his own Hansons adopts 6 siblings from foster care: "I just knew there was a great business opportunity here".

• Jason PJason P Posts: 17,939
    The weather has been summer perfect for the last week and looks to be just as nice for the next week.  Just a good time for enjoying nature

400-year-old Greenland shark is oldest vertebrate animal

She was born during the reign of James I, was a youngster when René Descartes set out his rules of thought and the great fire of London raged, saw out her adolescent years as George II ascended the throne, reached adulthood around the time that the American revolution kicked off, and lived through two world wars. Living to an estimated age of nearly 400 years, a female Greenland shark has set a new record for longevity, scientists have revealed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/11/400-year-old-greenland-shark-is-the-oldest-vertebrate-animal

Worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed mosque gunman before he can kill anyone

A 65-year-old man who tackled a gunman who stormed a mosque in Norway is being hailed as a hero.

Witnesses said Mohamed Rafiq restrained the terror suspect and held him down with another worshipper before police arrived, despite being injured in the struggle.

edited August 14
    In Netherlands (with I would guess would be indicative of most of northern Europe)

Meat substitutes on the rise, meat sales are falling

New figures from market researcher IRI Netherlands show that in our shopping basket we are increasingly replacing real meat with products made with, for example, white and brown beans, soy, chickpeas, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and herbs. Since 2017, the number of meat substitutes sold in the supermarket has increased by 51 percent.

For comparison: since 2017, sales of beef, pork, and game meat have fallen by 9 percent. Kip managed to achieve a growth of 2 percent. However, the decline seems to have started there too. In the first half of this year, chicken sales fell by 0.4 percent.

The number of meat substitutes at supermarket chains AH and Jumbo - the numbers 1 and 2 in the country - also shows that consumers are increasingly asking for this type of product. At AH, the number of vegetable burgers, vega sausages, soy schnitzels and other vegetarian options has risen by 33 percent since 2016 to 100 different products.

/.../

Butcher: you will have to

However, the development cannot be ignored, and many a butcher is also involved - although sometimes with fresh reluctance. When branch organization KNS once posted an item on Facebook about meat substitutes, some of the responses from members were not tender. In the trend of: "What the hell are you doing?"

Gerard Steltenpool, who has been a butcher in Hoevelaken for 50 years and an avid meat eater, says: "You will have to change along. But we butchers are very innovative, so we are going to work with those meat substitutes."

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnos.nl%2Fartikel%2F2297492-vleesvervangers-bezig-met-snelle-opmars-verkoop-vlees-daalt.html

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain TexasPosts: 622
    Posting this as a picture rather than a link so that those without facebook can read it.
    Right on Diesel!!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 17,939
    Should donate the $15K to research to determine why parent's decide to name their son "diesel" .  Still, I like the cut of this kid's jib
    Posting this as a picture rather than a link so that those without facebook can read it.
    Right on Diesel!!

Way to go, kid!  :smile:
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.