Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hey Keithos, when's your band playing Dublin? I work on the city website, so I could start a publicity campaign :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Hey Keithos, when's your band playing Dublin? I work on the city website, so I could start a publicity campaign :)

Cool :)

We're gonna try and get over there in the next couple of months! What are the good venues to play?
    Chime wrote:
    You two are so sweet ;)

Ohh Bright Eyes is tonight ... lucky you :) ... have fun!

Thank you :D

Hopefully it wont be bombed :|
    Jennytree wrote:
    Currently in work... thats pretty much it!

I have new red hair... hurrah! :D

I personally think red hair is the way forward! :P

(although mine has now faded to a dull pink) :(
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Thank you :D

Hopefully it wont be bombed :|

... or suffer a powercut :( ... is it at shepherd's bush?

you trying for Cornell @ Roundhouse tix on Friday?

EDIT: ooOOoo book people are here I love the book people *runs off to spend moolah*
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    ... or suffer a powercut :( ... is it at shepherd's bush?

you trying for Cornell @ Roundhouse tix on Friday?

EDIT: ooOOoo book people are here I love the book people *runs off to spend moolah*

Yep - it's at the bush :P

Didn't realise he was playing! Who's going?
    Keithos wrote:
    Yep - it's at the bush :P

Didn't realise he was playing! Who's going?

hmmm I think me, Rita and Heather are definitely trying for tix ... not sure who else (hope link works) http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/768162/?search_redirect=chris%20cornell&tm_link=tm_header_search
    Chime wrote:
    hmmm I think me, Rita and Heather are definitely trying for tix ... not sure who else (hope link works) http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/768162/?search_redirect=chris%20cornell&tm_link=tm_header_search

I'll try and get tickets too! :)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I can join u with the dullish pink hair !

I want to go but really cant for now may look into it again closer to the time and hope for a last min tic :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Keithos wrote:

We're gonna try and get over there in the next couple of months! What are the good venues to play?

Fibbers! WOO! May be too rocky of a venue for ye though - also its a kip!

Depends how many people you'd expect to play.. there's Whelans, The Village, Eamonn Dorans for the smaller crowds, then TBMC or Vicar St. for larger crowds!

http://www.dublinevents.com/dublin-live-music.php
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Keithos wrote:

The Point isn't bad ;)

I'll have to have a think about it. My favourite used to be the Isaac Butt, but I don't know what's it's like since it's been done up. I'll have a look around anyway.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    just read that the 2 guys who did the Glasgow carbomb attempt have had their full names released to press.

Singed Majeep and Maheed Izonphiah

:rolleyes:

not politically correct but they tried to kill people so i couldnae give a fuck :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    just read that the 2 guys who did the Glasgow carbomb attempt have had their full names released to press.

not politically correct but they tried to kill people so i couldnae give a fuck :D

*guilty giggles*

*remembers it happened in Scotland*

*laughs heartily*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    *guilty giggles*

*remembers it happened in Scotland*

*laughs heartily*

*slaps Jenny in teeth with a mouldy dong*

*remembers Ireland had a famine*

*points and mocks at the lack of simple crop growing skills*

*relaxes in smug rocking-chair of doom*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    *slaps Jenny in teeth with a mouldy dong*

*remembers Ireland had a famine*

*points and mocks at the lack of simple crop growing skills*

*relaxes in smug rocking-chair of doom*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Potato_Famine_%281846_-_1857%29

Fuck you scotty boy!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

it was an agrarian crisis... not a famine :rolleyes:

you really are bored... get some pics of yer jugs on facebook metalface :)
  • dunkman wrote:

:D:D
    Looking out my window it looks more like November than July ... blowing a gale and lashing it down ... :(
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    45 minutes Pippa....
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    45 minutes Pippa....

my, my... we are being cryptic today... :confused:
    have you borrowed V's confuse-a-jrd hat ?

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Jennytree wrote:

i refuse to believe that's real... c'mon, there can't have been someone called Sir Edward Pine Coffin... can there ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    i refuse to believe that's real... c'mon, there can't have been someone called Sir Edward Pine Coffin... can there ?
    There's someone called Moon-unit Zappa. Anything is possible.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:

This is him... http://www.coffinfamilybooks.co.uk/boer_war_book.htm
    jrd wrote:

its as believeable as someone naming their son after the frizzy-haired Queen bassist
    dunkman wrote:
    its as believeable as someone calling there son after the frizzy-haired Queen bassist

:D

actually, on a serious note (D-flat i think), fuck you scotty boy!
    redrock wrote:

:eek:

i refuse to believe that either... ;)

she doesn't do a very good job of selling the book:
    It makes a wonderful read, taking you instantly back to the hot, baked country which was freezing at night. Short rations for the men and very little food for their horses, you can almost smell the dust.

sounds...errr...shite.
    redrock wrote:

*guffaws heartily*
    Whilst rehearsing a proposed operational drop in Yemen, John [Pine-Coffin] was unfortunate enough to land, in the dark, on a tractor injuring himself badly – he broke both feet. Subsequently he was considered unfit for further parachute duty.

i actually laughed out loud and showered my PC with tea when i read that!

it's NOT REAL, it's all a piss-take. isn't it...?
  • Keithos wrote:
    Maybe a bit too soon... but bloody funny though!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62bOXfZXek
    Yeah, I saw that one a while back, great stuff :D
    Woohoo just scored 2 tix to a secret Foos show tomorrow. Can pay Rita back for giving me her spare to the last secret Foos show.

*fingers crossed she manages to score a pair too as she has a friend that wants to go*