Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    so you could have stopped smoking for 50 years but you haven't really given up til you're dead?

It would seem it is when youre body has fully recovered from being a smoker that you have completely given up. That would be from about 10 years after your last cigarette (depending on how much you smoked!).
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    It would seem it is when youre body has fully recovered from being a smoker that you have completely given up. That would be from about 10 years after your last cigarette (depending on how much you smoked!).
    Well if I don't smoke RIGHT now... I'm a non-smoker, cos I'm not smoking... even if I haven't given up, if I don't have a cigarette in my mouth, I'm not smoking and thus a non smoker... jaysus, if ya were to think you've to wait 10 years to have given up, why would anyone bother?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Oh by the way, I'm in one of the official photos :) . The first Copenhagen photo, I'm at the bottom right corner. Also in the other crowd pic in Copenhagen, Gerry's camera is in front of my face in the bottom right corner :cool: I'm famous now! :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    just to throw in another thing

I thought every 7 years you were a new person, as in by then your body and regenerated !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Well if I don't smoke RIGHT now... I'm a non-smoker, cos I'm not smoking... even if I haven't given up, if I don't have a cigarette in my mouth, I'm not smoking and thus a non smoker... jaysus, if ya were to think you've to wait 10 years to have given up, why would anyone bother?

Because you know will be so much more healthy.. your risks of heart attack, stroke, lung cancer, mouth or throat cancer will be reduced to those of a non-smoker, you will have much more energy.. and it is something you can look forward to. But there are benefits from the first few days.. nicotine will be flushed out of your system, better oxygenation of the lungs, taste and smell will improve.

Now saying you are a non-smoker at the moment is correct because you have not been smoking for 2 weeks (and your intention is to continue with that! :D). But saying that one is a non-smoker just because they don't have a cigarette in their mouth at the moment is silly... just like me saying I'm on a diet because I'm not stuffing my face with chocolate right this minute!

Don't be so arguementative.. go have a fag :p
    V V wrote:
    just to throw in another thing

I thought every 7 years you were a new person, as in by then your body and regenerated !

I wish it would bloody regenerate and fill up those wrinkles.... where have all those missing cells gone... oh wait.... around my tum and bum and hips... damn... regenerated but got it wrong!
    redrock wrote:
    Because you know will be so much more healthy.. your risks of heart attack, stroke, lung cancer, mouth or throat cancer will be reduced to those of a non-smoker, you will have much more energy.. and it is something you can look forward to. But there are benefits from the first few days.. nicotine will be flushed out of your system, better oxygenation of the lungs, taste and smell will improve.

Now saying you are a non-smoker at the moment is correct because you have not been smoking for 2 weeks (and your intention is to continue with that! :D). But saying that one is a non-smoker just because they don't have a cigarette in their mouth at the moment is silly... just like me saying I'm on a diet because I'm not stuffing my face with chocolate right this minute!

Don't be so arguementative.. go have a fag :p
    :confused: well byrnzie kinda said that the fact I said I've given up means I don't intend to stick to it... that's hardly making any sense at all... but now I'm bloody sorry I said anything at all :mad: when's lunch?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    :rolleyes: You've never given up have ya?

Jaysus, I hate that bullshit when you say you've given up... 'well you haven't given up till you're off them and STAY off them' so you could have stopped smoking for 50 years but you haven't really given up til you're dead?

If it had been a month I would have thought, "o.k, maybe". Sorry H, 15 hours doesn't cut it. You'll need to do better than that. ;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    easy tigers or i'll make you all cry via the medium of piss-taking!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    If it had been a month I would have thought, "o.k, maybe". Sorry H, 15 hours doesn't cut it. You'll need to do better than that. ;)
    oh fuck off then so!

I've never understood how people can tell other people what's going on in their heads and stuff :confused:

I'm off now to break a few things :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

aye, your hymen

tee hee
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    that was a girlie giggle dunk.... :D

Guys... http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=249245
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    oh fuck off then so!

I've never understood how people can tell other people what's going on in their heads and stuff :confused:

She's feeling the strain after only 15 hours. :rolleyes:

Right, who wants to start betting she doesn't make a month?? :D
    If this is your attempt to make me leave this thread once and for all you've failed miserably :rolleyes:

But thanks for the 'support' :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    V V wrote:
    ok i'm checking out the tunes for the next festie. any of you heard ANY of this lot ? :confused:

The Bookhouse Boys - 7pm

...all the way from Twin Peaks...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Good luck Helen, breaking the habit!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Ooops sorry about that! I DID talk about other stuff at times though, didn't I? Like with your dad... I wasn't still going on about Copenhagen :o

I wasn't taking the piss :confused:

By the way...the physical addiction to cigarettes is gone after ONLY 18 days, its the psychological that takes longer. Living in modern day ireland offers a perfect opportunity to give up smoking by not having it blown in your face in the pub etc.....you'll get there helen, you just need to believe that you will, if you don't....well...you wont ;) Never thought my work would come in handy in the pit, I can officially put down that I am on here on official work business....sweet

Byrnzie don't be so negative...no get back to dancing to achy-breaky heart or whatever it was.....you still haven't explained yourself???

Dunk....as ever...funny as fuck :D

V....festival woman at large

Red ;)

Caz happy birthday

GTF get well soon
    I need a coffee!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Irish Al wrote:

By the way...the physical addiction to cigarettes is gone after ONLY 18 days, its the psychological that takes longer. Living in modern day ireland offers a perfect opportunity to give up smoking by not having it blown in your face in the pub etc.....you'll get there helen, you just need to believe that you will, if you don't....well...you wont ;) Never thought my work would come in handy in the pit, I can officially put down that I am on here on official work business....sweet

Byrnzie don't be so negative...no get back to dancing to achy-breaky heart or whatever it was.....you still haven't explained yourself???

Red ;)

Caz happy birthday

GTF get well soon

Cheers Al, that's saved me having to read through the last 10 pages of this thread :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:

Red ;)

Caz happy birthday

GTF get well soon

Hi Alfred!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Cheers Al, that's saved me having to read through the last 10 pages of this thread :)

Any time my good man :D
    Jennytree wrote:
    Hi Alfred!

Howdy Jenerous Maximus ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Buru wrote:
    Good luck Helen, breaking the habit!
    thanks marina :) hows that post tour depression coming along? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Red ;)
    Hi Alphonse! Tell me... what is this wink for? Just for the sake of it - I do like a wink from a charming young man every once in a while.. or...

Is it a conspiratory (does that word even exist!) wink? I do need to know what it's all about if I'm to be 'in on it'! :D

Hitch - you're lazy..

JRD - ooOOoo Twin Peaks!
    Irish Al wrote:

By the way...the physical addiction to cigarettes is gone after ONLY 18 days, its the psychological that takes longer. Living in modern day ireland offers a perfect opportunity to give up smoking by not having it blown in your face in the pub etc.....you'll get there helen, you just need to believe that you will, if you don't....well...you wont Never thought my work would come in handy in the pit, I can officially put down that I am on here on official work business....sweet
    Thanks Al :) shite, I hope you're not charging me :D . Nah, I know how it works... did it last year :rolleyes: I was just hoping for maybe a wee pat on the back to get me on my way instead of 'you haven't given them up at all' or 'why don't you go out for a fag' :D very supportive, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Red just given ya a cheeky little irish wink...and a little pinch on the bum for good measure ;)

Hells....you can do it baby :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Red just given ya a cheeky little irish wink...and a little pinch on the bum for good measure ;)

OOO... that lil' pinch did make me jump! :D
    Irish Al wrote:

Hells....you can do it baby :D
    Your brother has nothing on ya! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    OOO... that lil' pinch did make me jump! :D

Wait til I stick me...........forget it :o
    Your brother has nothing on ya! :p

Only thing he has on me is a few dodgy stories and a couple more strand of hair...everything else.....he's in big al's shadow :D
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    Only thing he has on me is a few dodgy stories

Ooooo best mans speech :D ... I'm sure he probably has a couple of dodgy pictures too ...

afternoon all :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    thanks marina :) hows that post tour depression coming along? :o

I am beautifully depressed. :p
    And trying to get a fellow music comedy person into Pearl Jam. She likes depressing music like Coldplay...

I am thinking of making a series of mix PJ cds, for different people, for example my categoriers would be:

1) PJ for the suicide prone
    2) PJ for trash punkies
    3) PJ for the indie, I like to listen to weird sounds and be experimental kids
    4) PJ for the REM fan
    5) PJ for the country/folk fans
    6) PJ for the sappy romantics
    7) PJ for the clueless ...

;)

Here is what I burned for her:
    1. Long Road
    2. Inside Job
    3. Hard to imagine
    4. Nothingman
    5. Wishlist
    6. Off he goes
    7. Thumbing my way
    8. Fatal
    9. I got shit
    10. Gone
    11. Black
    12. Betterman
    13. Small Town
    14. All or none
    15. Indifference
    16. Arc
    17. Immortality

She will probably fall asleep after 4 songs... :p or jump out a window after 3

But I do need PJ projects to keep me occupied with.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Irish Al wrote:
    Wait til I stick me...........forget it :o
    :eek: I will permanently erase that thought from my mind :eek:

Irish Al wrote:
    ..he's in big al's shadow :D
    If that's what you want to think, so be it.... ;)