Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I like the look of Metallica's set :)

But isn't Penelope Cruz introducing James Blunt a disaster just WAITING to happen :eek:

Not much else exciting for me... when's this on?

Saturday 07.07.07 ... why Rita and I are off to the secret Foos show tonight ... they figure they're over for Live Earth so will do a gig as well. I like Foos, Beasties and Damien Rice. Won't watch the whole thing but if I'm not doing anything may watch a bit.

EDIT: I nicked that from the Foos boards (was looking for info on tonight) so don't know where the person who posted it found it.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    Saturday 07.07.07 ... why Rita and I are off to the secret Foos show tonight ... they figure they're over for Live Earth so will do a gig as well. I like Foos, Beasties and Damien Rice. Won't watch the whole thing but if I'm not doing anything may watch a bit.

EDIT: I nicked that from the Foos boards (was looking for info on tonight) so don't know where the person who posted it found it.
    ah I see, I like Damien Rice too and razorlight... but it's no Live aid/8 anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    redrock wrote:
    Good morning everyone! Caz... hope today is not too hard on you!

Still looking for a spare for the Foos tonight... Anyone know anyone who's got one???

Pippa.... it's gonna be tight for me... dropping G off at violin at 5.30 in Teddington then mad dash to catch train..... Will be in touch.

EDIT: Heard Spinal Tap are performing at Live Earth! Haha!!!! I love Spinal Tap! :D

wow that would be really cool! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Chime wrote:

congrats on those tickets!
    You are one lucky lady.

Have fun Pippa and Rita!! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Howdy Howdy Howdy people. It's occurred to me that I'm suffering from a severe lack of live music intake. I need to find a way to remedy this dilemma pronto. I think Seoul must be the place.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Howdy Howdy Howdy people. It's occurred to me that I'm suffering from a severe lack of live music intake. I need to find a way to remedy this dilemma pronto. I think Seoul must be the place.

yes, i hear that it's the place to go for Seoul music.

:o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    jrd wrote:

:o that was a pretty bad effort :o
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    jrd wrote:

I think you need to go back to the dark room my friend :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I think you need to go back to the dark room my friend :rolleyes:

oh come on... someone just had to say it... :o
    you're both just annoyed you didn't get there first. ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Seoul it is tomorrow. I'm gonna rip it a new one.
    :D I can't explain how awesomely awesome last night was so will leave it to Rita :)

... boy did we bag some swag!!!!!
    Chime wrote:
    :D I can't explain how awesomely awesome last night was so will leave it to Rita :)

Que? :confused:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:

Woohoo! Still on a high!!! :D Don't think I've had so much fun at a gig before :D Maybe explain later.... got LOADS :D
    Got my tickets for Cornell too now... :D
    redrock wrote:
    ... got LOADS :D

... the drumsticks got me in trouble :o ... a guy spotted them and he plays in a samba band or something so asked about them ... wanted to look at them ... then spoke to me the WHOLE way home ... I'm a London commuter ... I don't chat to strangers on the train :o ... he also sang drum licks ... The Pogues and Tom Waits to me ... and I think he was sober! ... I thought this kind of thing only happened to Helen :p
    Chime wrote:
    ... the drumsticks got me in trouble :o ... a guy spotted them and he plays in a samba band or something so asked about them ... wanted to look at them ... then spoke to me the WHOLE way home ... I'm a London commuter ... I don't chat to strangers on the train :o ... he also sang drum licks ... The Pogues and Tom Waits to me ... and I think he was sober! ... I thought this kind of thing only happened to Helen :p
    Haha!!! I can imagine you trying to stay in your 'commuter' mode! There was a guy that was at the gig on my train... Chatted to him all the way... didn't let him touch the drumstick or setlist though! ;)

My neck hurts.. among other bits of my body!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    wooo hoo

Glad you ladies had a good time I was thinking of you while driffting around the new Bath Spa open air themer pool on the roof top :) and in the giant steam rooms arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no achie necks here. sounds like you both need to come down and pop in for an unwind!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Chime wrote:
    ... the drumsticks got me in trouble :o ... a guy spotted them and he plays in a samba band or something so asked about them ... wanted to look at them ... then spoke to me the WHOLE way home ... I'm a London commuter ... I don't chat to strangers on the train ... he also sang drum licks ... The Pogues and Tom Waits to me ... and I think he was sober! ... I thought this kind of thing only happened to Helen :p
    :confused: that kinda stuff happens to me? :o

Ah wow, sounds like you two had a fab time... drumsticks, eh? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :confused: that kinda stuff happens to me? :o

Ah wow, sounds like you two had a fab time... drumsticks, eh? :)

random folk chatting to you, writing you poems etc ... I seem to remember a couple of stories like that :o

I also got 2 Dave plecs and one of their beers ... Rita also got plenty of stuff too. Helps when a front row is only about a dozen people long!

The crew also came and gave the first few people (which included us ... think we were 7 and 8 in) in the queue pizza at about 6.30pm ... also gave wristbands (free) to two girls who'd camped out all night as they didn't get tickets ... lovely crew :)
    Chime wrote:
    random folk chatting to you, writing you poems etc ... I seem to remember a couple of stories like that :o

I also got 2 Dave plecs and one of their beers ... Rita also got plenty of stuff too. Helps when a front row is only about a dozen people long!
    wow, that's fucking brilliant... and sounds quite comfy too :eek: how big WAS this place? A beer and all? :)

Yep, ok I got the poem but come on... a guy singing to you on the underground is pretty special :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Rita also got plenty of stuff too.
    Taylor drumstick and setlist, Dave plec and bottle of beer (full, I might add!)
    Chime wrote:
    The crew also came and gave the first few people in the queue pizza at about 6.30pm ... also gave wristbands (free) to two girls who'd camped out all night as they didn't get tickets ... lovely crew :)
    That was sweet...

V.. here I come.. get those oils ready! :D
    Chime wrote:

The crew also came and gave the first few people (which included us ... think we were 7 and 8 in) in the queue pizza at about 6.30pm ... also gave wristbands (free) to two girls who'd camped out all night as they didn't get tickets ... lovely crew :)
    :eek: Pizza? Ah that's so cool. I heard about people in a queue somewhere else getting pizza too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    wow, that's fucking brilliant... and sounds quite comfy too :eek: how big WAS this place? A beer and all?

Yep, ok I got the poem but come on... a guy singing to you on the underground is pretty special

no barrier so my knees are a bit bruised from being pushed against the stage during the really rocking songs... we had to lean on the monitors which were just below waist height if there was a crowd surge during a rocky song

We were literally less than 5 feet from Dave most of the gig ... and he would put his foot up on the monitor in front of me and Rita when he was going to do some serious head banging rocking out. Also poured water over himself and then came and headbanged in front of us to get us wet :o ... people next to us had phones out taking pics and he walked over put his face right against the lens and then kissed it ... came and held our hands etc ... that's how small it was :)

Here is a pic but the tables and chairs weren't there. http://www2.dingwalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=27 the bit from the pillar on the right of the stage to the right hand wall was kinda used as what would be side stage for friends and family at a normal gig so that was where front row ended. Roger Taylor was stood about ten feet to our right :) ... as was Sienna Miller :o
    Chime wrote:
    ... came and held our hands etc ... that's how small it was :)
    This is was when he was holding hands and making a face! :Dhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v248/sarahhauk/?action=view&current=foosdingwalls007.jpg
    redrock wrote:

Hmm wonder who took those. Second row ya think?
    yeah.... doesn't look quite front row but she says she was at the 'very front' whatever that may mean...
    Chime wrote:
    no barrier so my knees are a bit bruised from being pushed against the stage during the really rocking songs... we had to lean on the monitors which were just below waist height if there was a crowd surge during a rocky song

We were literally less than 5 feet from Dave most of the gig ... and he would put his foot up on the monitor in front of me and Rita when he was going to do some serious head banging rocking out. Also poured water over himself and then came and headbanged in front of us to get us wet :o ... people next to us had phones out taking pics and he walked over put his face right against the lens and then kissed it ... came and held our hands etc ... that's how small it was :)

Here is a pic but the tables and chairs weren't there. http://www2.dingwalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=27 the bit from the pillar on the right of the stage to the right hand wall was kinda used as what would be side stage for friends and family at a normal gig so that was where front row ended. Roger Taylor was stood about ten feet to our right :) ... as was Sienna Miller :o
    :eek: that's pretty fucking cool... I'm not a big foos fan at all but still to see any major band that close, especially if you like them, must go down in one of your top gigs.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    So Dunk and Keith share the same Birthday next Tuesday! Cool! :cool:
    Chime wrote:

uh-oh... you might be turning into a freak magnet :eek:
    So, I've just sprained my ankle playing football. It's all puffed up and hurts like hell. This may have scuppered my plans for a weekend in Seoul. Bugger, fuck, ass!