Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    World Tour starts proper tonight... soon it shall be us!!!!!!

soon as in 3 months... but thats ok.... we'll wait!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Byrnzie - how come you spent so long in the States? Did you work there or study?

Or just doss about?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘Not being a bank holiday week-end, we might even hope it is dry!’

Lol, that’s a good point and considering it’s not even a WEEKEND :) . The past few summers have been pretty hot though although this year seems to be a non starter – so we could be talking up to 25c :D

Hmm… well I’ve been East (New York) and West (Los Angeles) but I never did the in-between and that’s my latest plan. I’d love to hire out a convertible and just take to the roads – although I can’t drive :o . There is an old thread somewhere about the route I’m planning on taking next year at some stage :) . It was supposed to be around April for three months but circumstances have pushed that back a few months and climate wise, it would make more sense to start North East around September, work my way down to Alabama and go across the southern States to California and then up to Seattle :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

Hmm… well I’ve been East (New York) and West (Los Angeles) but I never did the in-between and that’s my latest plan. I’d love to hire out a convertible and just take to the roads – although I can’t drive :o . There is an old thread somewhere about the route I’m planning on taking next year at some stage :) . It was supposed to be around April for three months but circumstances have pushed that back a few months and climate wise, it would make more sense to start North East around September, work my way down to Alabama and go across the southern States to California and then up to Seattle :)

We were thinking of driving round some parts of the US for our honeymoon! Might just go to Mn and get pissed with my Uncle instead!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

you'll need to learn to drive then missus... i like the convertible idea though... kinda outclasses my VW camper fantasy :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Morning :)

My travel State side is 6 weeks in San Fran (too young to remember :( ), a year living on the Indiana side of the Indiana / Kentucky border with visits to St Louis, DC etc and a trip to New York.

Really want to visit SF and Seattle would be good :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Morning :)

My travel State side is 6 weeks in San Fran (too young to remember :( ), a year living on the Indiana side of the Indiana / Kentucky border with visits to St Louis, DC etc and a trip to New York.

Really want to visit SF and Seattle would be good :)

Go to Chicago - it's ace!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Go to Chicago - it's ace!

I know it was no near and I can't believe I didn't get there :(
    foxymop79 wrote:
    We were thinking of driving round some parts of the US for our honeymoon! Might just go to Mn and get pissed with my Uncle instead!
    Ah wow, that would be a great honeymoon :) . I REALLY like the thought of the southern states - like Texas, Louisiana, Arizona and New Mexico and I'd love to stay in an Indian reservation too.

Well dunky, it's weird cos a fella at work is doing the same thing next year and he was getting all dreamy eyed about his camper van - I think everyone sees themselves differently when it comes to a road trip. For me it's natural to envision the convertible, although I think that's most women. Men seem to go for the camper van :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Byrnzie - how come you spent so long in the States? Did you work there or study?

Or just doss about?

Just dossed. Just went to have a look around. In retrospect though I should have tried for a job. I spent a couple of weeks in Florida last year as my mates sister lives there. They're a funny breed in those parts - proper hillbillys. The most memorable part of that trip was going to an indoor shooting range and shooting a 44 magnum. Go ahead punk, make my day! :cool:
    Well dunky, it's weird cos a fella at work is doing the same thing next year and he was getting all dreamy eyed about his camper van - I think everyone sees themselves differently when it comes to a road trip. For me it's natural to envision the convertible, although I think that's most women. Men seem to go for the camper van :confused:

i think the man and camper van thing stems from the hopeless notion that we might actually be able to pull girls on our trip and so therefore have a wee bed in which to exchange gifts so to speak!

of course this is rubbish, but men like to dream of such things ;)

also being in a VW camper means it would just take us fucking ages to get across the country as it goes about 34mph or something...

you'd be all Thelma and Louisey whizzing past me... as i sit in my camper van trying to shove a fat momma out of the window :p

you'd be all Thelma and Louisey whizzing past me...

:eek: I better not bring a gun!!! Maybe that's the attraction - just seems a bit wrong to be 'enclosed' on a trip like that... If it wasn't so impractical luggage wise, a Harley would be the way to do it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    i like your new signature btw ;):D

you in a better mood today then? ;)
    :eek: I better not bring a gun!!! Maybe that's the attraction - just seems a bit wrong to be 'enclosed' on a trip like that... If it wasn't so impractical luggage wise, a Harley would be the way to do it.

Hmm...women and luggage! Please enlighten me as to why women have to take the ENTIRE contents of their house away with them, even if they are only going away for a weekend? I wouldn't mind, but whenever I go with my mum to see my big bruv in Spain, I find myself having to lug it all around the airports - and it looks pretty odd walking about with a wardrobe on my back with bra's and things falling out of it :rolleyes: Just one shoulder bag is enough for me.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hmm...women and luggage! Please enlighten me as to why women have to take the ENTIRE contents of their house away with them, even if they are only going away for a weekend? I wouldn't mind, but whenever I go with my mum to see my big bruv in Spain, I find myself having to lug it all around the airports. :rolleyes: Just one shoulder bag is enough for me.

Must be this primal survival thing - be prepared for anything!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hmm...women and luggage! Please enlighten me as to why women have to take the ENTIRE contents of their house away with them, even if they are only going away for a weekend? I wouldn't mind, but whenever I go with my mum to see my big bruv in Spain, I find myself having to lug it all around the airports - and it looks pretty odd walking about with a wardrobe on my back with bra's and things falling out of it :rolleyes: Just one shoulder bag is enough for me.

Nah, I'm not a big luggage person either but I figure for three months - I might need a bit more than a school bag type.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Did anyone else get an e-mail last night from 10c about the 2006 bootlegs being available? I know they've had that bit on 10c News about it for a few days but it looks like the Astoria shoe may be available now. I didn't have time to check it this morning, and I can't check it at work cos' this pc won't let me get into the Java thingybob :confused:
    I have a really really cool Uncle who took me on a mini driving tour round Nevada and California when I was 19! It's a shitter going to Vegas when you're under 21 though! All those free drinks and I wasn't allowed any!

The Camper van thing - I totally understand - always wanted on myself - was going to call it Steve!

My other dream is going round New Zealand on a Harley - how amazing would that be??!?

Byrnzie - the Florida hillbilly thing? Know what you're talking about - an old uni friend married a guy from Florida and he told us about the fact that everyone in Florida was inbred! He was okay though! A bit hairy for me but hey ... so was my mate!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:
    Did anyone else get an e-mail last night from 10c about the 2006 bootlegs being available? I know they've had that bit on 10c News about it for a few days but it looks like the Astoria shoe may be available now. I didn't have time to check it this morning. :confused:

i just re-read it and it says:-

"Please visit http://bootlegs.pearljam.com <http://bootlegs.pearljam.com/&gt;
    to shop for shows from the 2005 tour as well as the first show from the
    Vault series (More to come!). In a couple of days the first leg of 2006
    will be loaded into the system. At that point you can pre-buy any show you
    like and set the software to “Automatically download when available”.

so if they count Astoria and Irving Plaza as 2006 then we could be in luck!!!

I've just noticed that I typed 'the Astoria shoe'. Sounds like something from Cinderella. I will return Eds shoe to him and live happily ever after!
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Byrnzie - the Florida hillbilly thing? Know what you're talking about - an old uni friend married a guy from Florida and he told us about the fact that everyone in Florida was inbred! He was okay though! A bit hairy for me but hey ... so was my mate!

I went into a proper redneck bar in Florida where they had Freedom fries on the menu. I shit you not!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've just noticed that I typed 'the Astoria shoe'. Sounds like something from Cinderella. I will return Eds shoe to him and live happily ever after!

Well - the Astoria show was just as elusive and magical as Cinderella ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:
    I went into a proper redneck bar in Florida where they had Freedom fries on the menu. I shit you not!

I believe you! The stories I heard!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Byrnzie wrote:

One of the things that got to me living in Indiana was chewing tobacco :( Going to someones house where they have a brown stained cup next to their chair for spitting into ... urgghhhhh

But will they count Astoria and Iring Plaza? They say "the first leg of 2006" which officially starts tonight (tomorrow?).

I sure hope so though - I really want Astoria.
    Chime wrote:
    One of the things that got to me living in Indiana was chewing tobacco :( Going to someones house where they have a brown stained cup next to their chair for spitting into ... urgghhhhh

VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Chime wrote:
    ....a brown stained cup next to their chair for spitting into ... urgghhhhh

Not so early in the morning please!!!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    But will they count Astoria and Iring Plaza? They say "the first leg of 2006" which officially starts tonight (tomorrow?).

I sure hope so though - I really want Astoria.

They had better .... or I'll cry!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    They had better .... or I'll cry!
    Global warming and melting icecaps won't be the main cause of ocean levels rising - our tears will!
    Chime wrote:

Me and my mate were in this same redneck bar playing pool with Billy, who had just gotten out of a 5 year stretch. I was fascinated by the clientele - all pony tails and leather jackets. I remember two of the t-shirts being worn in there - one said 'I'm a tail chaser!' at the top, above the confederate flag, and at the bottom it read 'It's a southern thang!' Another fella was a bit more cultured - his t-shirt simply read 'I love tittys!' above a picture of a pair of titty's. How deep and cultured! :eek: