Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I just work in crappy customer service - London Transport. I travelled through Ohio a few years ago - spent about 5 hours in the greyhound station at Cleveland. It looked like a pretty decent part of the country. I've travelled pretty much all over the U.S, and Cleveland looked o.k. I haven't been to Seattle though, which is somewhere I wouldn't mind checking out - there and Austin Texas.

I've been to Seattle... spent a day there and it pissed rain all fuckin' day! Meanwhile, back in Ireland... it was the warmest Paddys Day in about 20 years! Tis a loverly city though!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've been to Seattle... spent a day there and it pissed rain all fuckin' day! Meanwhile, back in Ireland... it was the warmest Paddys Day in about 20 years! Tis a loverly city though!

Alaska's a place I wanna see aswell. I'm a big fan of the t.v program 'Nothern Exposure'.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Alaska's a place I wanna see aswell. I'm a big fan of the t.v program 'Nothern Exposure'.
    Northern Exposure! I loved that programme - so quirky!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I was faithful... then i changed to hitchhiker, then rival, then cropduster...
    what??

Seems cropduster is my status now
    this site is crazy

anyone else have that happen?
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    alaska, that...reminds me of the pj bit on gonzo with zane lowe when matt says he'd like to play in alaska while eddie and jeff are laughing in the background!! Then eddie says that was matts "jessica simpson" moment!!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:

I'd love to see Alaska as well

my lifelong dream is to get a VW camper and drive from east to west in America... drop by Newage for a bourbon and i'd exchange a wee whisky with him :)

i'd take my time with it as well... you know 3 or 4 months or something.. always wanted to do it but cant see it happening... maybe when i'm in my 50's though :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

my lifelong dream is to get a VW camper and drive from east to west in America... drop by Newage for a bourbon and i'd exchange a wee whisky with him :)

i'd take my time with it as well... you know 3 or 4 months or something.. always wanted to do it but cant see it happening... maybe when i'm in my 50's though :)

you are a hitchhiker now dunkman?
    this site is crazy or changing status (I thought +2500 posts was faithful)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Buru wrote:
    I was faithful... then i changed to hitchhiker, then rival, then cropduster...
    what??

Seems cropduster is my status now
    this site is crazy

anyone else have that happen?

Title's change according to post count, but you have a lot of posts so you should still be on faithfull I think. Isn't that the last title, before like 50,000 or something silly! LOL
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Title's change according to post count, but you have a lot of posts so you should still be on faithfull I think. Isn't that the last title, before like 50,000 or something silly! LOL

I know, this place must be acting out somehow
    very strange :p

gohsts maybe? hackers?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

I've been a Soldier of Love for quite a while now... :P
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    redrock wrote:
    Northern Exposure! I loved that programme - so quirky!

Yeah, I've got the 1st and 2nd series on dvd.
    alaska, that...reminds me of the pj bit on gonzo with zane lowe when matt says he'd like to play in alaska while eddie and jeff are laughing in the background!! Then eddie says that was matts "jessica simpson" moment!!

Ehh? Whats gonzo? Is that a radio show? I'm so not with it :confused:
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    Byrnzie wrote:

zane lowe is on radio 1 but he also has a show on mtv 2
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've been a Soldier of Love for quite a while now... :P

Lay down your arms... and surrender to me...

I've been across the U.S coast to coast about 4 times - just on buses though. I made a new years resolution for this year to get a motorbike license and one day I wanna ride across from coast to coast. To be honest a camper would be more sensible for obvious reasons, but America's a good place for a bike as you could really open it up on those super highways. I still think my favourite city is San Francisco, although the area around the grand canyon was special - a very peaceful, mysterious vibe there, added to the scenery, which was obviously something else. The red rocks area was also very attractive, but was unfortunatly populated with flagwaving, bible thumping rednecks, and military types.
    Buru wrote:
    you are a hitchhiker now dunkman?
    this site is crazy or changing status (I thought +2500 posts was faithful)

thats pretty weird

i was definitely Faithfull this morning... now the missus has found out I'm not and packed my case and so now i'm a Hitchhiker :)

2 of my favourite songs them ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Yeah that annoying Zane Lowe presents his gonzo thingy on MTV2 on that horrible couch ;)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've been across the U.S coast to coast about 4 times - just on buses though. I made a new years resolution for this year to get a motorbike license and one day I wanna ride across from coast to coast. To be honest a camper would be more sensible for obvious reasons, but America's a good place for a bike as you could really open it up on those super highways. I still think my favourite city is San Francisco, although the area around the grand canyon was special - a very peaceful, mysterious vibe there, added to the scenery, which was obviously something else. The red rocks area was also very attractive, but was unfortunatly populated with flagwaving, bible thumping rednecks, and military types.

that sounds amazing... even on a bus would be great.. we've got relatives in Richmond Virginia and in Denver so it'd be nice to pop by there... i bet if you put a thread on here we could get gratis accommodation from the friendly americans on this forum... Americans are always accommodating types that way, very generous type of mentality :)
    thats pretty weird

i was definitely Faithfull this morning... now the missus has found out and packed my case and so now i'm a Hitchhiker :)

2 of my favourite songs them ;)

hahaaa

I mist have moved out to the country sometime between this morning and this afternoon

in between i hitchhiked and was a rival

busy day! ppphewww
    I don't understand the titles changing but we all know how tempremental the board can be at times. ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I don't understand the titles changing but we all know how tempremental the board can be at times. ;)

Oh yes.... quite!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:

The American side of my family is mainly from Califormia and I lived there for a while (San Francisco & Sacramento), With Sidney, SF is my favourite city. I love California and I used to love riding my bike in the desert! Days gone by.....
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I just work in crappy customer service - London Transport. I travelled through Ohio a few years ago - spent about 5 hours in the greyhound station at Cleveland. It looked like a pretty decent part of the country. I've travelled pretty much all over the U.S, and Cleveland looked o.k. I haven't been to Seattle though, which is somewhere I wouldn't mind checking out - there and Austin Texas.

I love Seattle - I went when I was 19 for a week. I'd been staying with my uncle in Idaho and he paid for me to fly out to see my mate in Seattle, warning me it was a shithole! Compared to what? Idaho? Jesus! Went to the Crocodile Cafe and SubPop store and the likes - had an amazing time! Then drove up to Vancuver to get blasted (too young to drink in the US) and can't remember much else!!!! Hoping to go back to Seattle soon, maybe on honeymoon!

My fave place in the US is Chicago though, absolutly amazing place and really friendly people! Been 3 times now and it just keeps getting better! I love Minnesota too though, the twin cities are ace! Good "Irish" pubs too! But as a girl I have to love that place - home to the Mall of America - shopping heaven!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I still think my favourite city is San Francisco, quote]

I love SF too, had the best Indian meal there ever (and most expensive - it was like $150 for two of us!)! We only ate there because of it's name "The Gaylord" !!! Class - the Americans have no clue (sorry all you Americans!!!!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Yes you must go to Seattle Byrnzie. It's a beautiful place and the people are so friendly and welcoming.
    Be careful though of the flying fish in the market :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I love SF too, had the best Indian meal there ever (and most expensive - it was like $150 for two of us!)! We only ate there because of it's name "The Gaylord" !!! Class - the Americans have no clue (sorry all you Americans!!!!)[/quote]

Must have been on Fishermans wharf, right? A bit pricey. I remember having swordfish down there when I first visited. I spent about a month in SanFrancisco on my own when I was 21. Just wandered around eating, drinking and watching the world go by. Spent way too much on books in City Lights bookstore - the old haunt of the beats. The first time I wen't in there I saw Lawrence Ferlinghetti behind the counter who stood behind the cashier just smiling at me. I didn't know who he was at that moment just that he had a contagious smile. Once I'd gotten outside I looked at the back of a book of his I'd bought as I had a feeling it was him, and indeed it was. I didn't see him in there again though although I went in there practically evry day after that.
    It's a city with a real vibe about it. I felt safe walking all over the place at all hours. A bit like Paris. In fact it used to be known as the Paris by the sea, or the Paris of the west, or something. I loved Chinatown there aswell. Ate there everyday. A taste of the orient. There's a part in Kerouacs 'On the road' where he describes the sites and smells of Chinatown, and I reckon it's the best part of the book. Jeeez, all this is making me wanna go back...right about now. Shiiit! :)
    We were relegated to the 2nd page! Damn and blast!! :mad:
    Not anymore! :)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Not anymore! :)

The cheek of it! How dare they? :confused:

So dya reckon we'll catch the 'Astorians with tickets' thread?
    Think we should hunt them all down ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)