Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Hey, check out this pic of The Four Amigo's outside The Royal George...

http://static.flickr.com/50/134716855_77817b9dc6.jpg?v=0
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I think they'll have more than that - if its a 8000 capacity, I think they'll get 1000 tix for 10c! I think they realise that lots of UK and Irish jammers will be after these tix!

i hope so...

but do ye reckon 1000 tickets is adequate even?
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, check out this pic of The Four Amigo's outside The Royal George...

http://static.flickr.com/50/134716855_77817b9dc6.jpg?v=0

:D Very nice lads ;)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    belfast1 wrote:
    i hope so...

but do ye reckon 1000 tickets is adequate even?
    1000 would easily be enough. It'd mean tickets wouldn't sell out in minutes at least.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    V V wrote:
    thanks

ok its a NO for me n Dublin , or Devorce !!!!! LOL

haha mate - im going to reading and that took some coaxing - now i have the old dublin to negotiate too...

fuckit - buyng ticket anyway and deal with the consequences later...
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    fowls wrote:
    1000 would easily be enough. It'd mean tickets wouldn't sell out in minutes at least.

Fowls, your threads state that your located in both Manchester and Essex. How tall are you??
    I live in Essex. Go to Uni at Manchester. So I'm at half and half, although spend slightly more time in Manchester.
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    I live in Essex. Go to Uni at Manchester. So I'm at half and half, although spend slightly more time in Manchester.

Where in sunny Essex?? I'm a Harlow lad myself - Harlow...made famous by...erm...Michael Barrymore! (Oh, and the band 'Collapsed Lung').
    Stansted. Go to Harlow quite a bit :D
    Don't forget the Subways, they made it big on the Harlow circuit. Dave Gilmour used to live in harlow too, and Iron Maiden's Bassist still does apparently.
    Besides Barrymore lives in Roydon, not Harlow.
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    Don't forget the Subways, they made it big on the Harlow circuit. Dave Gilmour used to live in harlow too.

Don't got to Harlow Fowls! Don't do it to yourself. It's a shiite hole. Hence, why I live in Hertford now.
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    fowls wrote:

I agree - I'm hoping thats the number, it would make sense and isn't too big a % of the overall tix. I know they only had 100 for the Astoria but alot of those were corporate anyway weren't they?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Don't got to Harlow Fowls! Don't do it to yourself. It's a shiite hole. Hence, why I live in Hertford now.
    But it has The Square, best damn venue ever! :(
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    Don't forget the Subways, they made it big on the Harlow circuit. Dave Gilmour used to live in harlow too.

Dave Gilmour? Really? I didn't know that. I know that Glenn Hoddle once lived there as I used to throw stones at his windows and nick his milk bottles. Oh, and a band called Roman Holiday who had a number 1 hit single in 1980 or thereabouts.
    fowls wrote:
    But it has The Square, best damn venue ever! :(

The Square!! Man, I spent the best part of my life in that place. Roughly between the ages of 16 and 26 I was nowhere else. I saw Primal Scream in there, the Levellers, The Telescopes, Silverfish, The Damned, Neds Atomic Dustbin, e.t.c, e.t.c. Next time your in town give me a shout.

P.s Jimi Hendrix played in Harlow in the late 60's in what is now a chav's night club, and Bowie played the Harlow Playhouse in 1970. Still, that was then. It's now shiiit. And the Square is as good as dead. Nothing much happening there anymore as far as I'm aware.
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Yay, I just booked my flight to Dublin!!!!!!!! Should get a Ticket later fingers crossed. What hotels are people staying in, Would like something cheap to keep the prices down, but not scuzzy.

Is most of the Astoria crowd going :) ?????
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • akuzedakuzed Posts: 63
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Yay, I just booked my flight to Dublin!!!!!!!! Should get a Ticket later fingers crossed. What hotels are people staying in, Would like something cheap to keep the prices down, but not scuzzy.

Morning slim :D

We may be going, waiting on Di getting the time off and working out if we can afford the jaunt over :D Gez, Rob and DJ Phil should be coming too. So there's 6 of us from the Astoria (Clare, you, Gez, Pip, Di and me)

I think we may just kip at the airport though, as the flight back will be @ about 6am, don't seem worth paying out on a hotel. Just have to see what's happening with tickets...and work type stuff.

We're in a photo in the Royal George photo thread too mate ;)
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Chumfatty wrote:

Hello. Think quite a few of us from The George are going. I'm not booking my flight until I have a ticket. Don't think a hotel to accommodate us all has been chosen yet.

Hopefully see you there :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chumfatty wrote:

well i've booked flights and hotel so i hope to hell i get tickets :)

i'm staying in Paramount Hotel ????

got it through Expedia as it was cheaper than Travelodge, etc.... plus you get a hearty breakfast :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    In the likely chance that some of us miss out on the presales, and because they are being sold in two's, any chance we can arrange something on here for any possible spares? If i get them, mine's up for grabs! Face value of course, I aint no bastid scalper.

Ps, do 10c charge bookign fee a la Trickymaster?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    akuzed wrote:
    Morning slim :D

We may be going, waiting on Di getting the time off and working out if we can afford the jaunt over :D Gez, Rob and DJ Phil should be coming too. So there's 6 of us from the Astoria (Clare, you, Gez, Pip, Di and me)

I think we may just kip at the airport though, as the flight back will be @ about 6am, don't seem worth paying out on a hotel. Just have to see what's happening with tickets...and work type stuff.

We're in a photo in the Royal George photo thread too mate ;)

Nice one mate, we booked a later flight on the thurs afternoon so we'l have the luxury of a hotel.

Someone needs to find a pre gig drink once the tickets are sorted :D.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    danmac wrote:
    In the likely chance that some of us miss out on the presales, and because they are being sold in two's, any chance we can arrange something on here for any possible spares? If i get them, mine's up for grabs! Face value of course, I aint no bastid scalper.

Ps, do 10c charge bookign fee a la Trickymaster?

I think thats a fab idea - although I won't be able to offer a spare ticket as I need two but if I miss out I would gladly take two spares. I think even if we get tix tonight we should try for general sales tix for those who missed out - help make sure everyone on here gets tix!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    One Astorian reporting in :D

Well if I manage to get tix then we'll (that's Given to Fly and myself) be coming over to rock Dublin :D

Then it's just a case of sorting somewhere to stay and flights.

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Someone needs to find a pre gig drink once the tickets are sorted :D.

If tickets are sorted ;)

Danmac, from what I read in the 10c ticket section it does say there are fee's to be included. But they're not all that expensive, not like the ticket sellers online who add on £15 for a stamp and an envelope!
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I have a spare couch if anyone needs it!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    I have a spare couch if anyone needs it!!!

people in Ireland are so friendly... giving away furniture to strangers... sell it on ebay though, buy yerself a drink or two ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    people in Ireland are so friendly... giving away furniture to strangers... sell it on ebay though, buy yerself a drink or two ;)

Hehe :D

I may have to sell the missus on eBay to get tickets :D

Any takers? Would swap for a spare ticket :D
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Anyone got any sort of idea of the number of 10c ticks will be available? I heard 100/200 being thrown around in another thread, but that seems quite low to me!

Good to know a lot of the Astoria crew ar going, met some awesome ppl from 10C memebers that night!
    Dublin, Ireland - 23/08/2006
    Leeds, England - 25/08/2006
    Verona, Italy - 16/09/2006 (Row 4, 34/36)
    Prague, Czech. Rep - 22/09/2006
    Wembley, England - 18/06/2007
    O2, England - 18/08/2009
  • Anyone want to buy a Blond hippey slave? I can clean,cook,wash the car etc .I dont have a price but the bidding starts at £20. I need the cash so i can surport my favorite band in the coming months. Please bid but will need time off durying the summer.

Get back to me
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
    Anyone got any sort of idea of the number of 10c ticks will be available? I heard 100/200 being thrown around in another thread, but that seems quite low to me!

Good to know a lot of the Astoria crew ar going, met some awesome ppl from 10C memebers that night!

Hehe I like that, Astoria Crew, makes me feel special :D Gonna stick that in my signature :D

As for numbers, not sure. Some people reckon 1000, other's 500. All I'll say is I think it will sell out pretty quick, so get in there early :) Well after me obviously ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Anyone know if Dave is planning on going to any shows? Dublin maybe?

Rockin' out to Creadles