Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    My current contract ends on the 2nd of April.

What the fuck am I gonna do for six months? :eek:

temp work .... which means you can take some time off for more pj shows
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Drink beer? :)
    Sounds like a plan!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Pronounced the english way it's yuk.. but pronounced the french way it sounds sort of nice :)

so can you spell them phonetically ? how do the French pronounce it so as to not make me think of gay civil servants ?

oh yeah, mornin' all... and isn't it a beeeeoooooooootiful day today (even though I'm stuck indoors as usual)...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:
    i dont care

like the new sig, Dunk!!! that whole "are you embarrassed by...?" had to be one of the funniest ones i've seen yet, and boy, did you rattle the cage or what... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    V V wrote:
    no gossip from last night just was told how what great bunch of guys PJ are :o did'nt get time to speak to the organ grinder (tho. did get a kiss) but the monkey said they are touring june and july , so that could be intresting !!!!!
    maybe seeing them at a party saturday :)

go on V, admit it, you say these things just to confuse me... ;)
    can someone translate the above ?

or am i just Dr Dick Dense from Thickoville this morning...? :(
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Just got this message:

Dear Robin

I am sorry to hear your current management are not allowing you any flexibility. We can, however, arrange for you to start at a later date. Provided it fits in with your needs, we can reschedule your start date to Tuesday 18th September. I’m afraid I cannot make it any sooner.

Please let me know if this will be a problem, I may be able to extend it further for you.

Regards,
    Andrea King

:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

just walk man... the worst they could do is take you to court for what? two weeks wages? that will still come in less than 6 months without any fucking pay! and the best bit is if they did try and take you to court and they 'won' then you could pay those 2 weeks costs back at something like £5 per week due to your student debts, etc...

trust me they wont try and sue, as if they can be deemed to be at fault in any way then they'll be liable for costs.. which could be thousands... so walk!... go for it! thats what i would do anyway
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jrd wrote:
    like the new sig, Dunk!!! that whole "are you embarrassed by...?" had to be one of the funniest ones i've seen yet, and boy, did you rattle the cage or what... :D

:D:D

the uber-fans scare me.. they ones that know which company printed the fucking album covers.. those kinda folks!! ;)

VV - monkey grinder/organ thingamijugs.. :confused:... did you speak to Caleb? is that what this is about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    just walk man... the worst they could do is take you to court for what? two weeks wages? that will still come in less than 6 months without any fucking pay! and the best bit is if they did try and take you to court and they 'won' then you could pay those 2 weeks costs back at something like £5 per week due to your student debts, etc...

trust me they wont try and sue, as if they can be deemed to be at fault in any way then they'll be liable for costs.. which could be thousands... so walk!... go for it! thats what i would do anyway

But then he won't get any references and the new company may think he's untrustworthy, or some such shiit.

that's one enormous bummer... but...

you could do the whole PJ in Europe tour...

...just have to get back every two weeks to sign on...
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    But then he won't get any references and the new company may think he's untrustworthy, or some such shiit.
    That's right. To be honest, I've gotten to the point where I don't really give a shit.

I'll temp/lounge around/develop an dependancy for a while and get my head together. I might even decide not to go for this job and move to Australia or something. But I doubt that very much indeed.

Cheers for the advice though Dunk. And love the signature. Some people on here are bellends, as I'm sure you are aware. :rolleyes:
    dunkman wrote:

the uber-fans scare me.. they ones that know which company printed the fucking album covers.. those kinda folks!! ;)

ummmm (;)) that's why i didn't reply on there!
    can't say i'm embarrassed by the early live performances but i don't think i'd show someone a DVD of them to try to 'convert' them... would just play a few CD bootlegs... and then work backwards to the DVDs... :o
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    jrd wrote:
    go on V, admit it, you say these things just to confuse me... ;)

sweetheart I just like to keep you on your toes ;)

Dunk, if you were hanging on my ever post yesterday then you would know :p clearly you were not :D

Rob what Dunk said made alot of sence !!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Byrnzie wrote:

either way he's out of a job for six months... so i;d take the risk..

if they give a false or bitter reference then they can be severely reprimanded for it by the dti.. and other official sounding bodies i cant think of right now

also as for a reference, just put down a 'senior' person who Rob gets on with and will give him a good one... doesnt have to be his direct boss... i.e. get the Managing Director to do it as he ultimately is in charge of him and probably doesnt know much about you (i have no idea where you sit in the company structure.. just hypothesising)

surely the new company are aware of your predicament so wil be understanding about your reference.. i mean you cant be THAT bad if you're still under their employment :)

good luck whatever you choose :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:

you gettin yerself into trouble again?!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    V V wrote:
    OOOOO i just got a wonderful invite for tonight :D a friend is doing a warm up gig for a show next week at the Barbican with Tinariwen not full band but sounds great and they want a few radom belly dances around , oh and I think robert may pop in and sing a couple of numbers :D

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=5244

ah-ha! well, that explains everything then... doesn't it... errrr.... :o:)

think i'll be having a lunchtime pint in the sun today.... :cool:
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

well you could ask them to extend it and if they say no then they're really being serious pricks so I'd take the plunge and just walk out. Call them threatening legal action about money owed... they'll pay up and they won't bring YOU to court. Is there anyone OVER your bosses head... like the owner of the company you could call to settle monies owed? That's what I did and I got it the next day. They don't want that hassle.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Thats shit Rob.....wankers..I agree with dunk...walk :D

Dunk have to check out this thread..... :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    But he HAS the new job anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Jennytree wrote:

just go and read (some of) the thread

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=237204

it's hilarious.... ;)
    Jennytree wrote:

aye.. read that thread if you can be arsed.. its quite funny some of it though.. :D

EDIT: jrd got in before me :):D
  • Trouble? Dunkman? :eek: I'd never have thought that! I'll sort something out. It's still a bit of a scary thought, but hey, I'll deal with it. I would walk, but now they've set the date so there's no point fucking with them any more.

I'm :cool: with it!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dunk..you can now add judgemental to your sig... and.. what's wrong with nutter?
    redrock wrote:
    Dunk..you can now add judgemental to your sig... and.. what's wrong with nutter?

i will do red... and nutter isnt bad is it? actually i quite like nutter :)
    I like nutter too... not because I've been called that so many times... :rolleyes: :p:D
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Byrnzie wrote:

i really enjoyed reading her blog esp. cos she wrote all the lil useless stuff which expressed her joy even more :D lucky girl :)

umm Al , my dear. I'm all out of credit but got ur txt , :eek: £££££ ??? !!!! hahaha find me tomorrow n show me :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    quiet tonight.... everyone out in Dublin getting rat-arsed ?
    oooooh.... Ray Liotta's seriously mad, but Joe Pesci's a certified psycopath.... God, I love this film...! :D

and yay! nice Mr Postman brought me my Council Tax bill this morning, but fortunately he also brought a 10c Christmas single!!!!

night night...
    Morning to the people who are still here!!! :D
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    jrd wrote:
    oooooh.... Ray Liotta's seriously mad, but Joe Pesci's a certified psycopath.... God, I love this film...! :D

and yay! nice Mr Postman brought me my Council Tax bill this morning, but fortunately he also brought a 10c Christmas single!!!!

night night...

aw shite - knew that was on last night - dratski
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018