Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Chime wrote:
    Byrnzie as originator of this thread you do know you're know in charge of making a nice list of whose going and where we are meeting to put in the first post don't ya ;)

We have to be nice and organised like the Astoria trip :D

O.k. I'll get straight to it Miss Chime!! Right, hands up who's going to Dublin???
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    Byrnzie as originator of this thread you do know you're know in charge of making a nice list of whose going and where we are meeting to put in the first post don't ya ;)

We have to be nice and organised like the Astoria trip :D
    Lol, nah, let's do it the Irish way

I'll see yas all there :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Byrnzie wrote:

Lol, well it's not that he just wrote GAY on his forehead... he had the whole make up thing and false face. It was really funny. Not where he met the band - but when he was stalking them, asking doormen for their room no and shit like that :D

Sounds like you Irish are very defensive of your boy bands ; )

I personally believe that all boy bands should be covered in glue and bird feed, and then dropped into Trafalgar square to be pecked to death by pigeons! But then that's just me : )
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    What the HELL is going on?!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Lol, nah, let's do it the Irish way

I'll see yas all there :)

Hee hee. So far you seem to be the most organised out of all of us. Get rid of your brother, tidy the garden, buy toothbrushes :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Jennytree wrote:
    What the HELL is going on?!!
    :D Don't ask me - I've suddenly become a Westlife fan :eek:

Chime, lol, yep I may be organised now but wait til ya see me in the three months leading up to the concert :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    :D Don't ask me - I've suddenly become a Westlife fan :eek:

Feck sake... I leave ye alone for a few hours and you become a Westlife fan...

I'm procrastinating to the extreme and there's spyware on my laptop that I'm trying to hunt down these past few hours! Tis annoying the fuck outta me! I win!

Got my confirmation email too... yey!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm procrastinating to the extreme and there's spyware on my laptop that I'm trying to hunt down these past few hours! Tis annoying the fuck outta me! I win!

Jaysus, speak English woman :confused:

I actually don't want to leave work :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Yeeeoooo to the Dublin Crew :D
    What's craicin?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    UKDave wrote:
    Lol, we have this candid camera programme where Brian McFadden of Westlife ‘fame’ dressed up as this gay westlife fan to fool the rest of the band but he went to the statue and was asking the people around to take a picture of him and Michael Jackson :D

He was a good sport.

Sacriledge!!!! and from a boy band no less, Brian McFuckup is now on my list....... grrr!!!!!! :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Jaysus, speak English woman :confused:

I actually don't want to leave work :eek:

Hello Lady!

Here you're the "House of the Hour" lady ;) You fully booked or do you have a spare bed for a lonesome traveler? Just a friendly question! Pre-party maybe???

Cheers,

"Van of the Hour" man
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Back again... sorry I disappeared earlier... It's been a day full of meetings!!!
    Keithos wrote:
    Back again... sorry I disappeared earlier... It's been a day full of meetings!!!

LOL how dare you take time away from the pit to work.

Need to sort out those priorities ;)
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Chime wrote:
    LOL how dare you take time away from the pit to work.

Need to sort out those priorities ;)

I know... VERY irresponsible of me. Maybe one day I'll grow-up and get my priorities straight!!! :P
  • Just out of curiosity.....are there any other Americans going over or am I going to be the only one with/without the accent?? :D

BTW...I will be bringing some of the finest KY bourbon there is....it's kinda like a tradition here....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just out of curiosity.....are there any other Americans going over or am I going to be the only one with/without the accent?? :D

BTW...I will be bringing some of the finest KY bourbon there is....it's kinda like a tradition here....:D
    Does half american count?
    Just out of curiosity.....are there any other Americans going over or am I going to be the only one with/without the accent?? :D

Does living in Southern Indiana for a year count (on the border with a Kentucky dry county) :o
  • Chime wrote:
    Does living in Southern Indiana for a year count (on the border with a Kentucky dry county) :o

Hoosiers aren't really Americans...are they?? :D

Where abouts, Lwrenceburg, Indiana??
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Hoosiers aren't really Americans...are they?? :D

Where abouts, Lwrenceburg, Indiana??

It was a tiny place. Claimed it was a city :) One of those places where you go an hour on a school bus each way stopping at the end of everyones driveway, bus driver has a country music radio station on. Definately an experience for a girl from little ole' England :D

Did go to a Purdue v Hoosier football game and a Hoosier basketball game. Even visited the Hoosier dome so guess that makes me ... an honourary Hoosier :D
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473

well, I'll have some sort of accent
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Chime wrote:
    It was a tiny place. Claimed it was a city :) One of those places where you go an hour on a school bus each way stopping at the end of everyones driveway, bus driver has a country music radio station on.

LOL......that sounds much like my experience growin up in KY....

But the people were nice....right???
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

• Buru wrote:

Yep I suppose you will....... :p
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

LOL......that sounds much like my experience growin up in KY....

But the people were nice....right???

Yeah they were really friendly. I had good time. Fun to be able to do Prom and Graduation stuff we just see in movies and don't actually do.

Hadn't really believed there were people like that :D That high school really is like that . They were all quite preppy and jocks really did rule the school, pep rallies do really happen and you have to go :confused:

Also coming from a place what is quite secular with no religous upbringing (church strictly a hatches, matches and dispatches experience) I did get called a heathen a couple of times :o

There were some strange questions though:

"What language do they speak in your country?"

"Which country do you prefer the US or England cause we are much more technologically advanced than you guys are?"

Shouldn't laugh but us exchange students did try to see how far we could push the answers :D
  • Chime wrote:
    Yeah they were really friendly. Hadn't really believed there were people like that :D That high school really is like that . They were all quite preppy and jocks really did rule the school, pep rallies do really happen and you have to go :confused:

Also coming from a place what is quite secular with no religous upbringing (church strictly a hatches, matches and dispatches experience) I did get called a heathen a couple of times :o

"What language do they speak in your country?"

"Which country do you prefer the US or England cause we are much more technologically advanced than you guys are?"

Shouldn't laugh but us exchange students did try to see how far we could push the answers :D

Yep....we are a mess over here when it comes to our youth!! :D

I take it you didn't enjoy the pep rallies??? LOL

What years were you over here?? What high school/town??

We only had one exchange student when I was in school, she was from Sweden, and she rocked. We saw several Smashing Pumpkins shows together back in 97-98 and hung out most of the year....the she left and I had no more heathens to hang out with....LOL :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Buru wrote:
    And it is America....
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Anyone fancy a meet-up in the Temple Bar after the show?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Yep....we are a mess over here when it comes to our youth!! :D

I take it you didn't enjoy the pep rallies??? LOL

What years were you over here?? What high school/town??

We only had one exchange student when I was in school, she was from Sweden, and she rocked. We saw several Smashing Pumpkins shows together back in 97-98 and hung out most of the year....the she left and I had no more heathens to hang out with....LOL :D

95-96 will PM the school incase you know it. We may have played you guys at basketball / football :)

With pep rallies I just had never seen anything like it. Cheerleaders getting a group of 500 people to chant GO BIG [insert your colour preference]. Now chanting for a band you like I get. Chanting the name of the guy you sit next to in Government class :confused:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Binaural wrote:
    Anyone fancy a meet-up in the Temple Bar after the show?

PEACE

i'm staying in Temple Bar... will be out with the folk on this thread for a bit... then there might be a party going on... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    Cheerleaders....

thats the only bit i read :o

did they smell of cheesecake??? thats my ultimate :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Chime wrote:
    95-96 will PM the school incase you know it. We may have played you guys at basketball / football :)

With pep rallies I just had never seen anything like it. Cheerleaders getting a group of 500 people to chant GO BIG [insert your colour preference]. Now chanting for a band you like I get. Chanting the name of the guy you sit next to in Government class :confused:

I doubt that we played you guys, usually we stay in-state with the high school competition except for those right on the boarder which I wasn't.

Who are you joking?? We don't have government classes over here.....LOL :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE