Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, if your legs get tired then give me a shout and I'll give you another shoulder lift If i'm not too drunk!! I'll try not to drop you this time!! ; )

:o I say take the taxi :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I didn't mean I'd carry her all the way to the Youth Hostel - Maybe just around your back garden : )
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I didn't mean I'd carry her all the way to the Youth Hostel - Maybe just around your back garden : )

Lol, shite we have to get the back garden sorted too :o . It's a mess. It used to be just full of trees then we decided to get rid of them all so we cut them all down and started doing a terraced area - then we got bored :o so at the moment, it's half dug and half concrete :D . We did manage to section a pretty big bit off for the dog - just have to sort out the rest of it, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

Just thinking... has the Point somewhere we can store backpacks? or... can we drop these off prior to gig? :)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Lol, shite we have to get the back garden sorted too :o . It's a mess. It used to be just full of trees then we decided to get rid of them all so we cut them all down and started doing a terraced area - then we got bored :o so at the moment, it's half dug and half concrete :D . We did manage to section a pretty big bit off for the dog - just have to sort out the rest of it, lol.

Hmm, maybe I'll give the shoulder carry a miss. I'll settle for a salsa dancing lesson from Chime instead.
    UKDave wrote:
    Just thinking... has the Point somewhere we can store backpacks? or... can we drop these off prior to gig? :)
    Hmm... that's a good question :o . I was thinking about that. I'm not sure but maybe I could organise someone to collect all the stuff and bring it back to mine but then yas have to be sure to come back to mine... recommendation... DON'T BRING STUFF!!! :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hmm... that's a good question :o . I was thinking about that. I'm not sure but maybe I could organise someone to collect all the stuff and bring it back to mine but then yas have to be sure to come back to mine... recommendation... DON'T BRING STUFF!!! :cool:

Just keep on wearing your dirty knickers and sweaty tops!
    redrock wrote:

How about you don't wear any underwear, or tops??
    Byrnzie wrote:
    That's OK too! End of August should be warm - at least you will be kept cool.
    redrock wrote:
    Lol, well you can put spare underwear in your pockets, buy a t-shirt there, but you may have to stick to the same jeans :o . I'll stock up on shampoos and shower gels and stuff cos the house will fucking STINK :D . Spray yas all off at the door :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, well you can put spare underwear in your pockets, buy a t-shirt there, but you may have to stick to the same jeans :o . I'll stock up on shampoos and shower gels and stuff cos the house will fucking STINK :D . Spray yas all off at the door :)

It seems you have a dog - sprays to get animal smells out should be powerful enough for the lot! Gonna get me an avocado T-shirt in Dublin (assuming it is still that one!) because I missed out at Astoria - don't anyone let me leave the gig without it!
    redrock wrote:
    It seems you have a dog - sprays to get animal smells out should be powerful enough for the lot! Gonna get me an avocado T-shirt in Dublin (assuming it is still that one!) because I missed out at Astoria - don't anyone let me leave the gig without it!

:D Lol, ok yep I'll get a few extra cans of deodorant too :D . OH by the way if anyone's asthmatic... you may have a problem :o

So there ya have it - I can buy a load of cheap toothbrushes and all that - you don't need anything :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I just went to my local independent music shop... he sold me the new album :)

it has the weirdest fuckin artwork out of all their stuff... the pic behind the disc plasticy bit is freaky as hell :(

check your shops folks... they have the new disc :D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

it has the weirdest fuckin artwork out of all their stuff... the pic behind the disc plasticy bit is freaky as hell :(

Yeah. This is a thread with blurry pictures of the artwork on The Porch. Interesting ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

:eek: No need to apologise for that :) . I reckon at this stage I may as well wait til it's official and pick it up in the morning
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

I've pre-ordered it from the website which means I won't get the packaged copy for a few weeks yet. I'll have to just make do with the download for the time being.
    :eek: No need to apologise for that :) . I reckon at this stage I may as well wait til it's official and pick it up in the morning

but it is official :confused:

its the proper cd i bought.... not some CD-R with a felt tip pen saying "Perul Jam" on it :D

its digipack... opens up into a trifold kinda thing... two opposing sides have weird pics looking in opposite directions!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    but it is official :confused:

its the proper cd i bought.... not some CD-R with a felt tip pen saying "Perul Jam" on it :D

its digipack... opens up into a trifold kinda thing... two opposing sides have weird pics looking in opposite directions!!

Just back from walking down into town... they reckon Monday... but the guy did go back and check with someone... think you may be right... will go down tomorrow ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:

No stuff then.... was thinking of checking town out for some Thin Lizzy rarities, is that likely?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Just realised - it's released tomorrow in Ireland isn't it? I'm going to Cork on Saturday - class!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    UKDave wrote:
    Just back from walking down into town... they reckon Monday... but the guy did go back and check with someone... think you may be right... will go down tomorrow ;)

they have it Dave

i know the guy in my wee shop fairly well.... been going since i was 13-14 to buy Stone Roses vinyl... but he didnt sell it to me for any other reason than i asked if it was for sale (he had a copy behind the counter on a shelf.. i just presumed it was promo material)

comes shrink wrapped with a wee see thru sticker saying "Featuring the #1 single World Wide Suicide plus Life Wasted and Gone" then some wee numbers along the bottom!!

chip them an extra fiver to sell it to you... they must have it :)

Comatose is just seriously hard stuff.... fuckin amazing
    they have it Dave

i know the guy in my wee shop fairly well.... been going since i was 13-14 to buy Stone Roses vinyl... but he didnt sell it to me for any other reason than i asked if it was for sale (he had a copy behind the counter on a shelf.. i just presumed it was promo material)

comes shrink wrapped with a wee see thru sticker saying "Featuring the #1 single World Wide Suicide plus Life Wasted and Gone" then some wee numbers along the bottom!!

chip them an extra fiver to sell it to you... they must have it :)

Comatose is just seriously hard stuff.... fuckin amazing

Yeah.. could try the ploy gonna buy it somewhere else on Monday as I'm away then he's losing a sale.... will try again tomorrow :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i pre-orderd mine but will have a lil look in the shops anyway !
    just to see it ! lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    V V wrote:
    i pre-orderd mine but will have a lil look in the shops anyway !
    just to see it ! lol

morning VV!

I'm holding back till the 2nd may, it's becoming increasingly difficult!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Here it is!!!
    Dear Ten Club Member:

You are receiving this email because you have successfully purchased
    tickets
    through the Ten Club to see Pearl Jam in Dublin, Ireland at The Point
    on
    August 23, 2006.

This is your initial confirmation. More info will follow closer to the
    date
    of the show.

* Tickets can be received at the venue box office on the day of the
    show
    only. Tickets will not be mailed in advance.

* You must show an official form of photo identification to collect Ten
    Club
    tickets. No exceptions.

* Two Pearl Jam wristbands will be included with your tickets. These
    wristbands will allow you and a guest to enter the venue 15 minutes
    before
    doors open to the public. This will allow Ten Club members to get as
    close
    to the stage as possible.

* More information on ticket distribution, Ten Club early entry times,
    and
    early entry location will follow in an additional email closer to the
    date
    of the show.

* All Ten Club tickets are for general admission, standing room only,
    unless
    otherwise posted.

* Ten Club tickets are for fan club members only. The Ten Club member
    must
    be present to collect the tickets.

* Tickets will be available for collection until 30 minutes after Pearl
    Jam
    takes the stage.

* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No transfers.

* Additional information about the show will be posted in the Tour
    section
    http://www.tenclub.net/tour/ of our website as it becomes available.
    Please
    check the website often for updates closer to the date of the shows.

* Contact tickets@tenclub.net <mailto:tickets@tenclub.net> with
    questions.
    Your email will be answered in the order received.

See you at the shows!

~10c Staff
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Buru wrote:
    morning VV!

I'm holding back till the 2nd may, it's becoming increasingly difficult!

i know !!!! grrrrrrrr
    swede was askin me this am bout the new songs live and i knew he had them but managed not to ask for them !!!!
    but it will be worth the wait , i do like a spot of for-play ! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    V V wrote:
    i know !!!! grrrrrrrr
    swede was askin me this am bout the new songs live and i knew he had them but managed not to ask for them !!!!
    but it will be worth the wait , i do like a spot of for-play ! :D

haha, it will be worth it!
    I have a friend who has the album, and he sends me songs through msn to tempt me, but i just delete them.

I shall not be swayed, lol
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Thanks . You’re not the first to point that out. but the way I see it is that everyone will say they’ll be there. Quite a few will be worn out after the show, some will just go to the nearest pub and others won’t find the place. Obviously they’ll have to have my address to find it so I figure only the people with my number will actually be able to get to the place unless they have written directions from earlier.

I guess you will need to PM me all of that information....:D

redrock wrote:
    I'm on my own in Dublin now that hubby can't make it. Can I ask for shelter with all the others? I've been know to fall asleep standing up after a bit too much drinking (apparently - still to be proven), so I won't be taking up much room!

They have actually proven that one can't go into REM standing up, one's muscles go inactive and wouldn't be able to support ya!! :D
    CHIMES wrote:
    Ok guess that's me and V V out. How do you think a party in a youth hostel will go down

I've seen the movie 'HOSTEL', it didn't turn out too well for them... ;)
    Lol, shite we have to get the back garden sorted too . It's a mess. It used to be just full of trees then we decided to get rid of them all so we cut them all down and started doing a terraced area - then we got bored so at the moment, it's half dug and half concrete . We did manage to section a pretty big bit off for the dog - just have to sort out the rest of it, lol.

You are absolutely breaking my heart!! Cut down trees to place concrete?? :eek: I have seriously gotta talk some sense into yas....good thing I'll be there for a few days....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

• Buru wrote:
    haha, it will be worth it!
    I have a friend who has the album, and he sends me songs through msn to tempt me, but i just delete them.

I shall not be swayed, lol

I have friends that have had the entire album except for 1 song for weeks, and they try to keep tellin me about it and I refuse to hear them!! Although they did say that inside job was Pj's stairway to heaven.....can't wait to hear it....is it Tuesday yet??? :(
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

They have actually proven that one can't go into REM standing up, one's muscles go inactive and wouldn't be able to support ya!! :D

I knew it was a lie!