Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Good Morning all, I am getting on the plane today to make my trip from Canada to Ireland. I am greatly looking forward to Ireland, meeting fans from Europe, and a great PJ show.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Chime wrote:
    Looks like the whole forum got out of hand as it's been closed down :o

:( Someone was mean to Byrnzie

I must say that I'm not too surprised. they closed it for maintenance.. things get so nasty there so fast. :eek:

yeh, I know. :(

but I gotta go now, I'll talk to yas later! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    :mad: Just been to the bank and apparently I have to order my Euro's now!! So Monday I get them :mad: How annoying.

Anyho, afternoon all :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • mickaxemickaxe Posts: 59
    Good Morning all, I am getting on the plane today to make my trip from Canada to Ireland. I am greatly looking forward to Ireland, meeting fans from Europe, and a great PJ show.

Hi. Hope your trip is a great one esp your stay in Eire!!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Good Morning all, I am getting on the plane today to make my trip from Canada to Ireland. I am greatly looking forward to Ireland, meeting fans from Europe, and a great PJ show.
    Hey have a safe trip.

Everyone, it's not hot but it's not too cold so bring summery clothes and a rain jacket. We discovered at oxegen that once you have the rain gear it doesn't matter what you wear under it. It's not raining at the moment but I don't think they're forecasting any heat waves.

Byrnzie got banned :D

Why is everyone booking euro? Do you not bring your bank card with you when you travel? I find it's by far the easiest.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    :mad: Just been to the bank and apparently I have to order my Euro's now!! So Monday I get them :mad: How annoying.

Anyho, afternoon all :D

afternoon, thats shocking stuff that yer bank didnt have any euros...

i have mine sorted for next week.... cant wait

byrnzies been banned??? no way!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Why is everyone booking euro? Do you not bring your bank card with you when you travel? I find it's by far the easiest.

I'm not bringing a lot but bring some for buses/taxis, breakfast, hopefully merchandise :) Saves on the bank charges as my bank doesn't charge me commission on getting Euros straight from them.

Will have my bank card incase I need to get anymore.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Oooh the bit for "events in the next 7 days" is back :D:D *bounces with joy*

Yeah I only ordered £150 worth. Just so I have change. Obviously merch wise I'll use card. Probably credit card mind, seeing as I have so little in the bank presently :eek:

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Lol, at stoney and her £150 'change' :D

Ok, I get ya now chimey. :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

I was thinking the same thing :o Obviously moves in different circles to us HH :D:p

Ok, I get ya now chimey. :)

Well to be fair I have to pay VV for the ticket and she needs cash so that's half of that gone :eek: £150 doesn't convert into much in Euro's :(

So what are people's plans for the weekend? Mate's b'day today so I'm out tonight, will be drunk :D Another mate has a party on Sat and then BBQ on Sunday. Holiday starts tomorrow though :cool:

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Well to be fair I have to pay VV for the ticket and she needs cash so that's half of that gone :eek: £150 doesn't convert into much in Euro's :(

So what are people's plans for the weekend? Mate's b'day today so I'm out tonight, will be drunk :D Another mate has a party on Sat and then BBQ on Sunday. Holiday starts tomorrow though :cool:

I got a wedding this weekend, going up to Cheshire Fri night, back Sunday... :o

That reminds me... :o Cash for Pippa..... :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Chime wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing :o Obviously moves in different circles to us HH :D:p

I'm planning on bringing thousands. I'll roll up to The Point in a black stretched limo wearing my long fur coat and sporting many, many expense items of diamond jewelry. I just seriously hope I don't spill any Pink Champagne in the mosh!!! :O
    Chime wrote:
    :D True! but i think I understand her a bit better now :D

Yep, I've to give Casey the money for his ticket and my sister has to sort out redrock so I better not forget :eek:

I've a few to sell anyway so I'll be getting the money for them :)

Well my holiday starts tomorrow too stoney :) . Gonna get an early night tomorrow night and then have to meet Casey at the airport on Saturday morning at about 9.20, then we drive to Cavan to my sisters house, go out in the town I went to school in for a festival, then we go to Galway on Sunday to meet Buru and HOPEFULLY make it in time to get to the pub to see the All-Ireland semi final between Kerry and Cork :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Well my holiday starts tomorrow too stoney :) . Gonna get an early night tomorrow night and then have to meet Casey at the airport on Saturday morning at about 9.20, then we drive to Cavan to my sisters house, go out in the town I went to school in for a festival, then we go to Galway on Sunday to meet Buru and HOPEFULLY make it in time to get to the pub to see the All-Ireland semi final between Kerry and Cork :eek:

See he doesn't get a chance to have jet lag :D

Keith we are not worthy :o:p;)
    Keithos wrote:
    I'm planning on bringing thousands. I'll roll up to The Point in a black stretched limo wearing my long fur coat and sporting many, many expense items of diamond jewelry. I just seriously hope I don't spill any Pink Champagne in the mosh!!! :O
    Hmm... don't reckon I'll be hanging around with Keith much :D:o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hmm... don't reckon I'll be hanging around with Keith much :D:o

Nothing wrong with a brother STYLIN' it out!!! :P
    Chime wrote:
    See he doesn't get a chance to have jet lag :D

Keith we are not worthy :o:p;)
    I know! Cos we're fucked if I have to drive :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:
    Oh jesus, :rolleyes: now he thinks he's black :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:

:confused: you do realise you are going to a PEARL JAM concert? :o:p No P Diddy there to compete with your ice.
    Chime wrote:
    :confused: you do realise you are going to a PEARL JAM concert? :o:p No P Diddy there to compete with your ice.

Pearl Jam? Nooo... I'm going to see the Old Skool Hip Hop act 'TBA'!!!
  • :Yep, I've to give Casey the money for his ticket :

I won't except it, after all it's the least I can do.....consider it a "thank you for your hsopitality and taking off work to hang out with me all week and showing me around Ireland, gift".....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Keithos wrote:
    Pearl Jam? Nooo... I'm going to see the Old Skool Hip Hop act 'TBA'!!!

:cool: If you find yourself a nice spot at the front I'll take it when TBA have finished as you won't want to watch PJ. ;)
    Chime wrote:
    :cool: If you find yourself a nice spot at the front I'll take it when TBA have finished as you won't want to watch PJ. ;)

:(
    Keithos wrote:
    :(

:confused: I thought you weren't there to see Pearl Jam. Guess I'll have to try and fight my way to the front for TBA and save my spot for PJ. See you at the front ;):p

Wouldn't want to have to end up at the back trying to find a spot to see :o (although we actually had a good view so it was fine :) for RHCP NOT for PJ)
    Chime wrote:
    :confused: I thought you weren't there to see Pearl Jam. Guess I'll have to try and fight my way to the front for TBA and save my spot for PJ. See you at the front ;):p

Wouldn't want to have to end up at the back trying to find a spot to see :o (although we actually had a good view so it was fine :) for RHCP NOT for PJ)

hehe... Well I had a good view for RHCP :P
    I won't except it, after all it's the least I can do.....consider it a "thank you for your hsopitality and taking off work to hang out with me all week and showing me around Ireland, gift".....:D
    :D awww thanks you

:o well don't worry, I'll make up for it. I'm sure you'll have to eat one of the days or something :) so I can get ya a bag of chips or something :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:
    hehe... Well I had a good view for RHCP :P

I swear where we were stood originally with you there were more 6 foot plus guys in one place then I've ever seen :o

It was all good :D You could see where you were, and we could see and dance where we were :)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    shite, I hate not having money! :(

lol. I wonder if anyone of you could tell me a nice/good/effective way to ask for some cash from my dad as he's driving me to the airport? :D

EDIT: ah well, I'm off again, gotta go catch yet an another bus. :D good thing I like travelling in them. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    eMMI wrote:
    shite, I hate not having money! :(

lol. I wonder if anyone of you could tell me a nice/good/effective way to ask for some cash from my dad as he's driving me to the airport? :D

EDIT: ah well, I'm off again, gotta go catch yet an another bus. :D good thing I like travelling in them. :)

Just ask him and remind him you're going to be in a foreign country and you'd not want to be in a position to run out of money emphasis that it would mean greater safety and he's a parent that should work !!
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.