Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• I think unfortunately we haven't sorted eMMI out with a 10c ticket yet :( have we?

I thought I read on one thread that she had one now. I could be wrong....it's hard to keep up with this place!

I was just curious.

Helen....as someone who seem to know The Point, how big would you say the front section is?

I found some photos online and it looks quite big, at least 1000 people but photos can be deceiving.

I'd like to try and get in there but if it means queueing for 6 hours then I'm not too bothered.:)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yoda you love do you? Hmmm!

“Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?” Yoda

I think Yoda was letting us in on a bit more than we needed to know there! :eek:

are you trying to spoil Yoda for me now? :mad: :eek: jealous are we? ;):p:D

I think Yoda's great! he's so smart. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I thought I read on one thread that she had one now. I could be wrong....it's hard to keep up with this place!

I was just curious.

Helen....as someone who seem to know The Point, how big would you say the front section is?

I found some photos online and it looks quite big, at least 1000 people but photos can be deceiving.

I'd like to try and get in there but if it means queueing for 6 hours then I'm not too bothered.:)
    I've been to the point a few times but never bothered to get into the front section... so i dunno, it's basically just a pit, don't think it's 1000 though, maybe a couple hundred.

So eMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???????????????????
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    So eMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???????????????????

what what??
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

That's so much fun though. I'm 10c but I'm still gonna be queueing with my mates all day.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Okay....cool :)

I figure that where ever we end up, the view isn't likely to be as good or as near at the Astoria was but it's got to be better than being in the seats right at the back of the 18,000 capacity Manchester Arena!!

...okay, lunchtime's up....better get back on the job....so to speak
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    eMMI wrote:
    are you trying to spoil Yoda for me now? :mad: :eek: jealous are we? ;):p:D

I think Yoda's great! he's so smart. :D

Smart? He walks around in a potato sack and with bare feet!! :eek:

Oh, you mean clever? Well, yeah, s'pose so! But I bet he doesn't know what 'Rumbustion' means!
  • That's so much fun though. I'm 10c but I'm still gonna be queueing with my mates all day.

Great....you can save us a spot in line then ;)

I used to queue for hours to get into shows but these days my legs are older :(

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Smart? He walks around in a potato sack and with bare feet!! :eek:

Oh, you mean clever? Well, yeah, s'pose so! But I bet he doesn't know what 'Rumbustion' means!

:rolleyes: :p:D

he doesn't need to know what 'rumbustion' means, nobody needs to know that. :p I bet you don't know how to use a light-saber!
    eMMI wrote:
    :rolleyes: :p:D

I bet you don't know how to use a light-saber!

Sure I do! I had one when I was younger! I used to kick my brothers ass with it! :D And anyway, who needs a light saber when you can use a baseball bat? Darth Vader and Yoda battering each other with baseball bats would have been a quality piece of entertainment!! I can imagine Yoda standing over Darth Vader after whooping his butt and saying "Who's the fuckin' daddy now?" :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sure I do! I had one when I was younger! I used to kick my brothers ass with it! :D And anyway, who needs a light saber when you can use a baseball bat? Darth Vader and Yoda battering each other with baseball bats would have been a quality piece of entertainment!!

:eek:

a baseball bat? :eek: :confused:

I don't know..
    Vader would have had a tough time killing Obi with a baseball bat, even after he lets himself be beaten it'd take a while. ;)
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    confused.....why are you all going to queue early?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    duggro wrote:
    To get good spots, and to hang out with friends.
    duggro wrote:

There's plenty of us not queuing early. I'll be at the pub from 2pm - 5pm.
    eMMI wrote:
    what what??

Somebody said you got a 10c ticket? Are you still taking my non 10c ticket? What's going on? Lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Somebody said you got a 10c ticket? Are you still taking my non 10c ticket? What's going on? Lol.

I have no fecking idea. :confused: sure I'm taking your ticket! lol. I don't have a 10C ticket. or if I do, nobody told me about it. :eek: :D

I'm really lost with this whole ticket-ordeal.. so that's why I'm trying to steer clear from it. :o
    Byrnzie wrote:
    There's plenty of us not queuing early. I'll be at the pub from 2pm - 5pm.

does anyone know when stoney's planning to get to the queue? I think she promised to hang out with me. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    I have no fecking idea. :confused: sure I'm taking your ticket! lol. I don't have a 10C ticket. or if I do, nobody told me about it. :eek: :D

I'm really lost with this whole ticket-ordeal.. so that's why I'm trying to steer clear from it. :o
    Lol, I know what ya mean... but stoney DID have a non 10c ticket like you but now I think she got a 10c ticket so I think you'll be hanging out with Jim... I can't remember who I'm giving my tickets to :eek: :D

I'm completely lost, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Lol, I know what ya mean... but stoney DID have a non 10c ticket like you but now I think she got a 10c ticket so I think you'll be hanging out with Jim... I can't remember who I'm giving my tickets to :eek: :D

I can't remember who I'm givign my 10c tix to either....:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Lol, I know what ya mean... but stoney DID have a non 10c ticket like you but now I think she got a 10c ticket so I think you'll be hanging out with Jim... I can't remember who I'm giving my tickets to :eek: :D

:confused: what on earth is going on around here!? :eek:

alright, if nothing else, I think I'm just gonna try and find someone with a non-10C ticket from the bar or something. :rolleyes: :D
    I can't remember who I'm givign my 10c tix to either....:D

:eek: :mad:

Shite, I know I've something to do the week after next and I just haven't got a clue what that might be :confused:

Hmm... is somebody visiting or something? :o I just can't for the life of me remember.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    eMMI wrote:
    :confused: what on earth is going on around here!? :eek:
    ?? You think *I* might have a clue??? Lol, nah, I dunno, stoney doesn't even know half the time where she's getting her ticket from either, lol.

And better still... find someone WITH a 10c ticket :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    ?? You think *I* might have a clue??? Lol, nah, I dunno, stoney doesn't even know half the time where she's getting her ticket from either, lol.

I reckon you should all meet at the pub and sort the ticket fiasco mayhem madness thingy out over a couple of beers! :D

no, I didn't think so. :p:D lol. I'm just happy to have a ticket. :D

lol. so that s/he could get in before me whilst I stay outside in the queue? cause I'm talking about finding someone to hang out with. :D:p
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I reckon you should all meet at the pub and sort the ticket fiasco mayhem madness thingy out over a couple of beers! :D

Lol yes, alcohol will certainly make this situation much clearer :D

Well the way I see it is maybe those people who I've promised my tickets to should pm me so we're all clear (and don't be messing around, I'll know it when I see the name :D ). Em, you're in the clear, I know you're getting one. Cos I MAY or may not have an extra but there's no WAY I'm gonna offer it to somebody until I'm sure cos I'd just be giving away somebody elses ticket :o and then somebody's gonna be very very disappointed :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    eMMI wrote:
    no, I didn't think so. :p:D lol. I'm just happy to have a ticket. :D

lol. so that s/he could get in before me whilst I stay outside in the queue? cause I'm talking about finding someone to hang out with. :D:p
    Ah ha! Nah, I'm talking about someone you could hit over the head and run off with the ticket :D

Lol, this must be the most hotly anticipated concert EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Well the way I see it is maybe those people who I've promised my tickets to should pm me so we're all clear (and don't be messing around, I'll know it when I see the name :D ). Em, you're in the clear, I know you're getting one. Cos I MAY or may not have an extra but there's no WAY I'm gonna offer it to somebody until I'm sure cos I'd just be giving away somebody elses ticket :o and then somebody's gonna be very very disappointed :o

lol. :D

alright, just as long as I've got a ticket, I'm cool. :D (the only reason I even bother to think about spare tickets and who has them is cause I know Andrew'd love to go. :o but yeh, I'm sorted, I'm cool. :cool: )

gotta be off now - again. I might log in later but if not, talk to you all later. :)

Sounds clear as mud! :eek:
    Ah ha! Nah, I'm talking about someone you could hit over the head and run off with the ticket :D

Lol, this must be the most hotly anticipated concert EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

what?! you think I could be able to pull off something like that?!?! :eek:

:rolleyes: :D:D