Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Good point! Didn't France also have an easy group 4 years ago? ;)

denmark, senegal and Uruguay in 2002... i think this year is easier to be honest... but we'll see!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Australia 0 - 1 Japan ...

Anyone else following The Guardian coverage? ;)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/minbymin/0,,1788202,00.html
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    denmark, senegal and Uruguay in 2002... i think this year is easier to be honest... but we'll see!
    Well in hindsight, it was difficult. At the time they were expected to hammer everyone. This year should be handy. Don't be fooled by the fact that we're unable to beat Switzerland for some reason - they're absolutely shite - and France seem to find it tough against them too. Korea are doubtful but little teams like Togo can put up tough displays... or they can be absolutely useless :rolleyes: . Who knows?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well in hindsight, it was difficult. At the time they were expected to hammer everyone. This year should be handy. Don't be fooled by the fact that we're unable to beat Switzerland for some reason - they're absolutely shite - and France seem to find it tough against them too. Korea are doubtful but little teams like Togo can put up tough displays... or they can be absolutely useless :rolleyes: . Who knows?

Switzerland are higher ranked than Ireland arent they?? therefore Eire should technically struggle to beat them... such is the way of football ;)

and you know i'm back when i tell you this:- your signature is wrong... warthog is one word not two :p;):D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Boo!!

Heat has affected me, sorry :o
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Boo!!

Heat has affected me, sorry :o

:eek: my god you scared me!!

lol. :p (you didn't)

ah, don't you just love the heat? :) summer's finally here!! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    :eek: my god you scared me!!

lol. :p (you didn't)

ah, don't you just love the heat? :) summer's finally here!! :D

I don't actually. I'm not good with heat at all :( I don't mind summer evening's when it's cooler, but for the past two nights I've hardly slept :(

During the day it's hayfever, plus heat in office, make for non-happy Stoney

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I don't actually. I'm not good with heat at all :( I don't mind summer evening's when it's cooler, but for the past two nights I've hardly slept :(

I'm pretty much the same except no hayfever (silver linings :o). My skin colour clearly shows I wasn't designed for sitting around in the sun.

Why are we going to an all day open air gig again stoney :confused::p
    Chime wrote:
    I'm pretty much the same except no hayfever (silver linings :o). My skin colour clearly shows I wasn't designed for sitting around in the sun.

Why are we going to an all day open air gig again stoney :confused::p

LOL, yeah my skin is so pale but nevermind.

No idea why we are going to an all day open air gig either :D Might be fun, just remember the sun cream! :D Oh and a hat and sunglasses and water :D

Rockin' out to Creadles

aww no, that sucks. :o

I love summer evenings. when it's still sunny and all but there's a cool breeze and good company. :)

I'm so glad I don't have hayfever, I know so many that do I just wish that it would rain a bit so that the pollen would be "washed away".
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Switzerland are higher ranked than Ireland arent they?? therefore Eire should technically struggle to beat them... such is the way of football ;)

and you know i'm back when i tell you this:- your signature is wrong... warthog is one word not two :p;):D
    They're only higher ranked cos they keep beating US and qualifying for stuff :o but trust me when I tell ya they're shite and are going nowhere. Besides we're also shite these days and we're going even less places than Switzerland.

My signature's never wrong! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    No idea why we are going to an all day open air gig either :D

So it's not the company then ladies :rolleyes: :(

* sulks away in corner *
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    So it's not the company then ladies :rolleyes: :(

* sulks away in corner *

oh yeah I forgot to say it will be great to see you again stoney ;):p
    Chime wrote:
    oh yeah I forgot it will be great to see you again stoney ;):p

* sticks bottom lip out further, refuses to drive *

I see.... :rolleyes: ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    * sticks bottom lip out further, refuses to drive *

I see.... :rolleyes: ;)

It's only 'cause I'm jealous of all the Dave and stoney love on the board :(

*attaches her 'Official Gooseberry' badge for the gig*

:p
    Chime wrote:
    It's only 'cause I'm jealous of all the Dave and stoney love on the board :(

*attaches her 'Official Gooseberry' badge for the gig*

:p

Well you all seem to leave us alone so much.... :rolleyes: :p

Equal love at the gig then... :D girl on each arm... ;) :cool:

Stoney, we did say this was a casual thing right.......? :o:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:
    oh yeah I forgot to say it will be great to see you again stoney ;):p

And you ;) Well we will get to properly meet this time as it was all so surreal last time :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    UKDave wrote:
    Well you all seem to leave us alone so much.... :rolleyes: :p

Equal love at the gig then... :D girl on each arm... ;) :cool:

Stoney, we did say this was a casual thing right.......? :o:D

Yes it's a casual thing ;)

Hehe reminds of the TOTD song, "it's an all night thing" :D

Yep girl on each arm, all the guys will be jealous now of you Dave :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

The air conditioning unit has broken in our office today. It's el scorchio. And the bastards don't appear to want to let us go home early. This sucks big time elephants! I wanna be in the pub watching the footie goddamnit! :eek:
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Hey guys! After one of the hardest days of my teaching career I'm exhausted! Inspector is in today - was totally shitting it!!! Got graded "Outstanding" - totally chuffed! JUst thought I'd share :D
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Yes it's a casual thing ;)

Hehe reminds of the TOTD song, "it's an all night thing" :D

Yep girl on each arm, all the guys will be jealous now of you Dave :D

:cool: Al... read 'em and weep ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Hey guys! After one of the hardest days of my teaching career I'm exhausted! Inspector is in today - was totally shitting it!!! Got graded "Outstanding" - totally chuffed! JUst thought I'd share :D

Wahay!!! well done!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    UKDave wrote:
    Wahay!!! well done!! :D:D

Thank you - totally chuffed! It might come out as an overall good - I got outstanding for management and leadership; outstanding for the first part of the my lesson and overall good lesson; outstanding for climate for learning! I was shitting it that I was gonna get satisfactory!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    foxymop79 wrote:

Woo hoo!! Yay Congratulations Foxy :D I think you deserve a big hug *hugs*

Rockin' out to Creadles
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Thank you - totally chuffed! It might come out as an overall good - I got outstanding for management and leadership; outstanding for the first part of the my lesson and overall good lesson; outstanding for climate for learning! I was shitting it that I was gonna get satisfactory!

Did you get docked any points for throwing the blackboard rubber at the kids.....?! ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The air conditioning unit has broken in our office today. It's el scorchio. And the bastards don't appear to want to let us go home early. This sucks big time elephants! I wanna be in the pub watching the footie goddamnit! :eek:

That's the problem with having no upper limit for temperature :( It sucks. Our office 30.9 degress!! :eek:

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Byrnzie wrote:

oh no. :eek:

thats el muy muy unpleasanto! (hmm. right. :rolleyes: :D )
    That's the problem with having no upper limit for temperature :( It sucks. Our office 30.9 degress!! :eek:

Yeah, my mate called me and said that the legal limit is 30 degrees, after which they can't make you stay, but then one of the managers said that there's no limit. Bah!
    eMMI wrote:
    oh no. :eek:

thats el muy muy unpleasanto! (hmm. right. :rolleyes: :D )

Si! Si! Si! Senorita! ;)
    Byrnzie wrote:

You know if it gets too hot and really unbearable, you can ask to leave. Because everyone has different tolerent levels to heat, they can't refuse you going home when it gets really hot. :) I should know, I work in Health and Safety :D

Rockin' out to Creadles