Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    V V wrote:
    watched the trailor was sort of interested then Tom C appeared :evil: I do not like that man, there for I will not be seeing it.

I did however finally get to see BATMAN last week :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

frigging LOVE BATMAN

I'm not particularly a fan of Tom Cruise's, but he was pretty good in the film.

I still haven't seen the newest Batman. :shock: I need to! (It was on too late for me on the cheapo day.) But I did go see the new Spider-Man some time ago, that was really really good. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello crew!!!!

How's everyone doing? All done with hols and everything? Almost back to normal, I guess.. just waiting for kids to go back to school/college...
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Hello crew!!!!

How's everyone doing? All done with hols and everything? Almost back to normal, I guess.. just waiting for kids to go back to school/college...

Morning all (only 24+ hours late in replying...!),

Hols done :( but had a nice, quiet week so far with the sprog off at scout camp 8-) . Had a report of him wanting to come home on the first night after 'feeling homesick' but then they started abseiling, kayaking, bungee-jumping etc and he seems to have had a change of heart! :lol:

Bank Holiday weekend coming up, complete with shitty weather, but it's 3 days off so i ain't complaining... then a 3-day week followed by a 4-day week for me 'cos i've got next Friday and the following Monday off - going to the Cotswolds for a friend's 50th (eeek!).

What's everyone else up to (that's not being whatsapped ;) )?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Happy belated Dublin Crew-iversary :lol: This week 6 years ago we were all recovering from the Dublin show on the 23rd. It's been a mad few years since, couldn't have done it without ye's :clap:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Hola.

Got a few spare mins at work (finally! Not bad after nearly 7 months here :roll: ) so wasting it on here :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Happy belated Dublin Crew-iversary :lol: This week 6 years ago we were all recovering from the Dublin show on the 23rd. It's been a mad few years since, couldn't have done it without ye's :clap:

Holy cow, can't believe it's been 6 years. :o I was still in my teens back then. :shock: :lol:

Yay, Dublin crew! small-heart.gif:clap:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hello crew!

Just been having a look at the hot eddie photos thread. Now, I've looked at it before for a bit of eye candy photos but today I was reading some of the posts. Wow.... some of these women are really creepy and a bit 'fatal attraction'ish... Scary....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hello crew!

Just been having a look at the hot eddie photos thread. Now, I've looked at it before for a bit of eye candy photos but today I was reading some of the posts. Wow.... some of these women are really creepy and a bit 'fatal attraction'ish... Scary....

*hides bunny, just in case*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hello crew!

It's not just the ladies, every now and then I'll read a post or a thread and think.. Really? :? Just the other day someone was talking about the euphoria they experience when they hear PJ unexpectedly. Not the most dramatic of examples, but jeez. :lol:

I'm almost tempted to go read that Eddie thread now, but fear it might be like reading the Moving Train. :P
  • Options
    Oh where oh where can the Dublin Crew be?

The lord took it away from me
    It's gone to Page 3 (eyyyyy ;) ) so I've got to be good
    So I can see my crew when I leeeeave this world

*clapclapclap clapclapclap*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Oh where oh where can the Dublin Crew be?

The lord took it away from me
    It's gone to Page 3 (eyyyyy ;) ) so I've got to be good
    So I can see my crew when I leeeeave this world

*clapclapclap clapclapclap*

*looks at watch*

a bit early to be drinking isn't it...? ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Well hellooooooooooooooo crew!
  • Options
    No posts for over a week?! :o :shock:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well hello there hearty folks...mucho love!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Hey my lovelies. Been quiet around here....
  • Options
    Dublin is awesome - that is all :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Get this back to the first page where it belongs.

Hi everyone!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Hello peeps, hope you're all well :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Jennytree wrote:

It really is!! :D

So much so we're coming back again next summer... 8-)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Hello crew!
  • Options
    Hurrah, I've updated but stayed digital.

I've also left my phone at home and I feel like an arm is missing due to lack of whatsapping :roll: I expect 300 missed calls and texts, as well as lots of divilment when I get home!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hahahaha whats app killed this thread a bit !

umm so EV london night 1 is no longer listed and I wanted to check the set list where can I find it pretty please ????
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    V V wrote:

umm so EV london night 1 is no longer listed and I wanted to check the set list where can I find it pretty please ????
    Sea wrote:
    Eddie Vedder
    Hammersmith Apollo
    London, UK
    July 30, 2012
    Show One Set List

01. Walking The Cow-(Daniel Johnston)
    (Ed starts "Trouble" but stops immediately. He talks about a prank he used to pull that involved flashlights and smacking a friend with a pillow. He says that all the flashes from cameras feel like that prank is being pulled on him. He offers to make all the faces he is going to make for five seconds while people take pictures in the hopes that the flashes will stop after that.)
    02. Trouble-(Yusuf Islam)
    03. Can't Keep
    04. Sleeping By Myself
    05. Without You
    (Ed talks about the venue and all the great bands that have played here and how he never imagined he would see the place let alone play it. He has the lighting mixer turn up the house lights so he can see it better. He remarks that with all of the flags in the audience it looks a lot like The Olympics, except the seats are full here)
    06. More Than You Know-(Rose, Eliscu, Youmans)
    (A very young girl brings out a Ukulele for Ed. He comments that child labor laws in England must be lax. He then thanks Harper for bringing him the instrument)
    07. Broken Heart (played on an old electric ukulele)
    08. I Am Mine
    09. Brain Damage-(Waters)
    10. Dead Man
    (Ed tells a story about an older gentleman that worked at tiny grocery on a small island. Lester would be gone from the grocery for several weeks and when Ed asked him where he had been Lester would say he had been to Switzerland or some other distant place. Ed later found out that "Lester the Traveller" hadn't left the island in 30 years. Ed would still ask Lester where he had been traveling.)
    11. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    12. Setting Forth
    13. Far Behind
    14. Guaranteed
    15. Rise
    16. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
    17. Good Woman-(Chan Marshall)
    (Ed's other daughter Olivia brings out a guitar for him. He jokes that if another young girl brings out a guitar he is going to be confused because he only has two daughters)
    18. Better Man (high string version)
    (Ed talks about being asked to perform this song for "I Am Sam". He describes how he went about investigating the song and what he learned about how it may have been written)
    19. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
    20. Lukin
    21. Porch
    Encore Break 1
    (Ed tells a story that ranges from him reading an article about corn communicating with other plants with audible clicks, to a friend that liked to make hallucinogenic tea that would make you think plants had eyes, could see and communicate with you. This eventually leads to Ed living on a small island alone and naming plants and trying to communicate with them. When a palm tree drops a coconut at his feet he likes to think the tree was offering him sustenance but admits it could have been trying to kill him)
    22. Unthought Known
    23. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Jerry Hannan)
    24. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Boudleaux Bryant, Felice Bryant) [played at the edge of the stage with no mics or PA)
    25. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
    26. Open All Night-(Bruce Springsteen)
    27. The End
    28. Arc
    Encore Break 2
    29. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Glen Hansard Set List
    01. Say It To Me Now
    (Glen talks about meeting Bob Dylan and that leading to The Frames opening for Bob at this venue)
    02. Low Rising/Sexual Healing-(Brown, Gaye, Ritz)
    03. I was Born To Hold You In These Arms
    04. Love Don't Leave Me Waiting/Respect-(Redding)
    05. Come Away To The Water
    06. Bird Of Sorrow
    07. Drive All Night-(Springsteen)/Feels Like Rain-(Hiatt)
    08. The Song Of Good Hope
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193460
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hello lovely Dublin Crew!
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    veddertown wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

It really is!! :D

So much so we're coming back again next summer... 8-)

;) stay away from the gay bars ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    Pke wrote:

;) stay away from the gay bars ;)

You could get up to worse divilment on these shores :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

so, apart from Emmi, who else in here isn't on whatsapp yet...? :roll:
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    V V wrote:

so, apart from Emmi, who else in here isn't on whatsapp yet...? :roll:

So nice to be special.. :| :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    The euro thread has gone AWOL so i'd thought I would say hello here so :wave: :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    Hey DT!!! Hello rest of crew! :wave:

Missing you all... xxxx