Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:
    Probably much better as you seem to be learning it properly. I like the sound of russian (not many people do!). And, this time I speak from experience, it IS easier than learning french (except for the cyrillic Aphabet for which you do have to apply yourself a bit!). I would hate to have to learn french as a foreign language - too difficult with all its intricacies!

True. But once you get the hang of their alphabet it all falls into place. I do wanna learn it properly. May have to go out there at some point. St. Petersberg probably.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Probably much better as you seem to be learning it properly. I like the sound of russian (not many people do!). And, this time I speak from experience, it IS easier than learning french (except for the cyrillic Aphabet for which you do have to apply yourself a bit!). I would hate to have to learn french as a foreign language - too difficult with all its intricacies!
    I wanna learn Italian :) I love it - I did think Russian was sexy until they all moved over here :rolleyes: . Je parle un peu francais mais ca fait long temps depuis je l'ai parle alors je dois commencer encore, mais je suis courrement quand j'ai trop bu :o

Well I hope that made sense - I wasn't gonna bother trying to find the accents anywhere. My head hurts now :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Je parle un peu francais mais ca fait long temps depuis je l'ai parle alors je dois commencer encore, mais je suis courrement quand j'ai trop bu

God you sound sexy!! ;) What does it mean? :confused:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You should have taken up French instead of Russian!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    God you sound sexy!! ;) What does it mean? :confused:

Lol... fucked if I know! :D

Nah it means something along the lines of...

'I speak a bit of French but it's a long time since I've spoken it so I have to start again, but I'm fluent when I'm drunk'

Or something along those lines. I may have simplified it slightly :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol... fucked if I know! :D

Nah it means something along the lines of...

'I speak a bit of French but it's a long time since I've spoken it so I have to start again, but I'm fluent when I'm drunk'

Or something along those lines. I may have simplified it slightly :o

Perfect translation! Better than my russian bit....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I wanna learn Italian :) I love it - I did think Russian was sexy until they all moved over here :rolleyes: . Je parle un peu francais mais ca fait long temps depuis je l'ai parle alors je dois commencer encore, mais je suis courrement quand j'ai trop bu :o

Well I hope that made sense - I wasn't gonna bother trying to find the accents anywhere. My head hurts now :o

Me too. Myself and the lady were talking of picking up some italian cds and learning :)

I was crap at languages at school. French teacher actually begged me not to do the higher level at leaving cert as she said I was definitly gonna fail...so did pass paper and got a C (I think) :D
    I need a coffee!
    OK having seen many threads re posters on the NA tour, how about all us 10clubbers going to Dublin agree to buy no more than 2 posters each. I think thats fair enough :confused::)

That way we have more chance of getting at least one, and people could have a spare, for whatever purpose they wish (give to friend/relative, sell on ebay :mad:, etc)

What do people think ???
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    Perfect translation! Better than my russian bit....
    Really? :) Thank you!

Well I know I speak it brilliantly when I'm drunk but I try my best not to speak it when I'm sober for some reason. I need to go back to France for a weekend and top it up I think.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Me too. Myself and the lady were talking of picking up some italian cds and learning :)

I was crap at languages at school. French teacher actually begged me not to do the higher level at leaving cert as she said I was definitly gonna fail...so did pass paper and got a C (I think) :D
    Lol, really?

Yeh, Italian's just a lovely language. I wanted to learn it... then I decided it would be more beneficial to me to learn Irish so I gave up on the Italian thing... then I thought: Guitar :) THAT'S what I need to learn.

I didn't manage ANY of them :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Practise it with me when I come to Dublin - you can teach me all the irish colloquialisms that I will need to know so I can understand you guys when you are drunk!
    I wanna learn Italian :) je dois commencer encore, mais je suis courrement quand j'ai trop bu

I thought it said something like "if you do an encore I'll drop my underwear for you". Me thinks I need to go back to school. :o
    Lol, really?

Yeh, Italian's just a lovely language. I wanted to learn it... then I decided it would be more beneficial to me to learn Irish so I gave up on the Italian thing... then I thought: Guitar :) THAT'S what I need to learn.

I didn't manage ANY of them :rolleyes:

LOL I did the same with irish when I moved to england.....still can't speak a word :D

Guitar, I play intermittently (?) and same with bass.
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Guitar, I play intermittently (?) and same with bass.

HH! A bass player :D:D:D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I thought it said something like "if you do an encore I'll drop my underwear for you". Me thinks I need to go back to school. :o

Lol... maybe!!! And not just to learn French :p

RR... I'll practice but it will only be when I'm drunk :o and really drunk at that.

Lol, you and your bass players! I love the way he slipped that in (oh thankfully Dave and dunky aren't around for that one :eek: ) so innocently :D

I'm so ashamed of meself for not being able to speak Irish Al. Sometimes I just watch TG4 just to listen to it and see if it will awaken the fluent Irish in me... nope :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    HH u changed ur sig AGAIN!!!! hahahahaha :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Lol... maybe!!! And not just to learn French :p

RR... I'll practice but it will only be when I'm drunk :o and really drunk at that.

Lol, you and your bass players! I love the way he slipped that in (oh thankfully Dave and dunky aren't around for that one :eek: ) so innocently :D

I'm so ashamed of meself for not being able to speak Irish Al. Sometimes I just watch TG4 just to listen to it and see if it will awaken the fluent Irish in me... nope :(

Me too :(

Red.....i'm a great bass plucker ;)

Anyone agree with my poster post or are you all planning on buying 50 each and sticking them on ebay :p
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    Anyone agree with my poster post or are you all planning on buying 50 each and sticking them on ebay :p

Re posters I would only want to buy one to have it of the show I'd been to. Problem is not sure how to get it to survive the GA conditions. The Americans seem to have enough problems in their seats :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Re posters I would only want to buy one to have it of the show I'd been to. Problem is not sure how to get it to survive the GA conditions. The Americans seem to have enough problems in their seats :o

Well chime at least you only want one...me too :)

Maybe someone could come up with a wonderous idea :confused:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

Red.....i'm a great bass plucker ;)

From 'playing intermittently' to 'GREAT' bass plucker..... hmmm do I see opportunism here?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    redrock wrote:
    From 'playing intermittently' to 'GREAT' bass plucker..... hmmm do I see opportunism here?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Erm No, erm, erm I'm just modest ;)
    I need a coffee!
    V V wrote:
    HH u changed ur sig AGAIN!!!! hahahahaha :)
    Lol, yeh I got bored. So you wanna join the Heineken revolution??? :)

Basically we just hold some kind of flag and get drunk... you in? :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I can remember how the Heineken Revolution started !!!! It was one of those ramblings again, wasn't it? A bit like the toilet flushing on the equator (I'm glad we got that one sorted!) :D:D
    Chime wrote:
    Lol, ain't that true! I'm gonna try my luck after the concert - as soon as they let me in, I'll be running straight to the barrier, no stopping for posters.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Not too much into posters but.... T-shirts - yes! Need one from Dublin!!
    Gotta go people.......see you all tomorrow
    Slan
    Al :D
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    I can remember how the Heineken Revolution started !!!! It was one of those ramblings again, wasn't it? A bit like the toilet flushing on the equator (I'm glad we got that one sorted!) :D:D

Lol, yeh that really annoyed me.

Well we're all just a wee bit annoyed with the world and all these conspiracy theories turning out to be true... so we're gonna kick our governments out of power... by drinking too much!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Aahhh yes.... It's all coming back to me.....
    Lol, yeh that really annoyed me.

Well we're all just a wee bit annoyed with the world and all these conspiracy theories turning out to be true... so we're gonna kick our governments out of power... by drinking too much!

Hey! Where did everyone go? I was just sitting all alone on the other thread with my tub of chocolate and a clapper board waiting for something to happen, and then some tumbleweed blew across the set so I've popped over here to see what's happening. :cool:
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I'm busy marking and tidying my classroom; putting up displays etc. in prep for the dreaded inspector arriving on Monday! Of course I always have my books marked etc. but just thought I'd check :rolleyes:

Oh shit I'm actually not doing any of those things - I'm back on this damn thing :D
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*