Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I shall be mostly finger-in-ear going LALALALA for the weekend :lol: Delighted for those that have gone though!

Can't believe it's Friday already. I shall be doing a mahoosive tidyup and a wash of clothing etc tomorrow - my room is a tip and I haven't moved the hoover since the spidey incident on Wednesday.

I went to see The Inbetweeners movie last night, t'was suitably hilarious!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    epomepom Posts: 19
    too lazy to read the whole thread through here, anyone know of any Irish crew heading to Toronto ?? I'm flying out on Sunday to go to the Monday night gig !!
    he still gives his love he just gives it away, the love he recives is the love that is saved........
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    PJ20'ers are jammy buggers ! :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Have banging headache, serious amounts of shots and beers and 24hrs with no sleep do not go well together and here I am on pats floor listening to him snore and cannot sleep with excitement! Wish you were all here with us !
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wish I was there too!

Hi to all (wherever you are!).
  • Options
    :) xxx
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    I see the moaners have started on the porch saying it was crap and they are selling their day two tix !! Some ppl are spoilt rotten !!!!!
  • Options
    Crap?!?!?! Would love to have see that kind of crap. With TOTD crap too!

'morning all.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'd still love to be there and all that, but that isnt my kinda set at all i'm afraid.

it'd be great when you were there i'm sure... but to much Chris Cornetto... its your 20th anniversary, why are they doing Clash and MC5 covers? its not like they dont have a back catalogue!?!?!?

but to be there is different... but looking at it on paper i'd be a bit underwhelmed with that.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Like I said on FB, I see this week-end thingy as 20 years of PJ, how they became PJ (ie TOTD, MLB - their history), their influences, mates, etc. So not just back catalogue but everything else as well. At least that's how I understood this 'fest'. I'm also thinking the band are seeing this as a full two day thing when it comes to choice of songs. Loving Cornell. Watched the vids and it's fantastic.

What also gets me is that for 'normal' gigs, people complain about some songs they play all the time (the 'time to retire' songs) and want rarities. When they have 'rarities', they complain the mainstream songs weren't played!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    What a fucking show!! Dunk I understand where you're coming from as you can't grasp the atmosphere of the show when you're reading a list of songs but it was absolutely epic...and what made it even more special was us having our own little euro party on the lawn...it's so special spending time with good friends and rockin out with the greatest band in the world...and I swear there were no tears (shhhh
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Give the Euro peeps a big hug for me!!!! Have fun today/tonight!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Seriously too many people who don't deserve to be there (not you, Al ;) ) if all they're going to do afterwards is bitch and moan. The setlist wouldn't have been perfect for me, too much of that Cornetto chap as Dunk said, but i'd have loved to be there. Think Rita summed up the meaning of the whole weekend/fest perfectly.

Enjoy it if you're there you lucky sods! Here's to an Eddie solo tour in Europe early next year followed by a 'proper' PJ Euro tour... well, i can dream can't i...? 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Very nice setlist for night 2! Overall, I'm not hugely gutted I wasn't there, but delighted for those who were. I'm sure Smile with Glen would've been great!

I had a lovely and chillaxed weekend. Got my snooze on, did a major tidy-up in my room, and wandered around the shops yesterday but didn't buy anything. Himself got another Batman tshirt, all is good in the world :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    agreeance with everyone...it's about the being there isnt it. That 1st setlist just doesnt do anything for me, but i know i would be saying different when i was there.

and to be there on the 20th anniversary is special enough isnt it... they could have played whatever and it would be amazing to be there.

congrats to the euros on there Al, sounds like you're all having the time of your lives!!!! :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    spent the wkend checking the time and trying to guess what might be happening, even when I stired in the night ! lol

Al ~ knowing you guys were there made it even more exciting, knowing there was a small euro crew and a tiny dublic crew was UBER COOL !

I like the sound of the setlists, feel a bit different and Rita said it very well indeed Bravo ! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ed's on the cover of US Q mag. Pippa Al ?? couldn't pick up a copy or 2 for us lot could ya ?? :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hardcoresh ... 107832924/
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    Al ~ knowing you guys were there made it even more exciting, knowing there was a small euro crew and a tiny dublic crew was UBER COOL ! [/color]

Absolutely! So happy some of you made it and enjoyed it too!
  • Options
    oh dear just cried my eyes out watching this ! hahahaha

http://youtu.be/JK9C9PsPHn4
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    oh dear just cried my eyes out watching this ! hahahaha

http://youtu.be/JK9C9PsPHn4

**sighs**

Anything new ref land/new house?
  • Options
    umm well found a dutch barn with offices and stables just east of bath also has 23 acres !! which we would rent a lot of it out. need to know more about local planning laws. website says for sale, sign on the gate said auction !! thats our main problem most of the stuff we like is up for auction and we're not in the position to do that.
  • Options
    Call the people! One has to be so careful at auctions.. can so easily get carried away.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    that was a tough, long weekend.

anyone see any videos of Smile? dyin to see the Glen fella up there with PJ
  • Options
    Ah well Dave, it's all over bar the shouting now :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    my first day home alone in 6 weeks, got pj radio on nice n loud while i finish cleaning this darn house :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Love seeing this post always on page 1, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D So I'm dipping in for my once-per-year post! I so hope the guys organise a Euro tour for 2012 and make their way to Dublin again, not that I need an excuse to visit that great city but it'd help convince the wife! Oh, and of course a London date would be nice. What are the chances of a Euro 2012 tour do you reckon?
  • Options
    Well I've started organising my tour plans for next year - whether they're here or not is a different story :lol:

I'm gonna get them to play Slane... that one is still on my Wishlist!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Well, well... Hello JimNastics! Like Jenny... planning on a 2012 tour. Not that I would be able to do much of a tour but Dublin and London sound good to me (as long as they don't decide to have a gig the day I fly off on holiday!).
  • Options
    'morning lovelies. Well, at least won't have to bother watering the garden tonight! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Oh I do love a good autumnal storm :D One of my more favourite times of the year. Gearing up for the snow :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!