Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Well I have just checked my return flight from UK > Belfast works out at about £20, and a single to Dublin about £15 so I might go with the gamble and aim to get a Dublin ticket in between now and June.
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Hey I got a couple of questions for anyone who knows the Irish rail system well?

I plan to take a train from Dublin to Galway when I arrive. Here are some questions I'm hoping you kind folks can help with:

1) Do tickets normally sell out? Reason I ask is I'd hate to buy only to have a flight delay make my tickets worthless. So can I just buy at the station the day of?

2) It looks like trains to Galway start at Heuston Station. How do I get form the airport to Heuston Station? I'm looking at a map that says you can travel along the "airline connection", but can't find where to purchase a ticket.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp :)

From Connolly to Belfast should cost you €10 single. You can book only 28 days in advance.

we should make sure we're organised and all travel from Dublin on the same train. 8-)

not that i'm offering to organise or coordinate or anything, i'm shite at that sort of thing... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    happy birthday to JRD :thumbup:
    don't have too many Orange Juices tonight, it is a school night :lol:
    Yeah, Hippy Bathday bumface!!! :D xx

ahhhh... the lurve on this thread is truely something to behold... :lol:

anyway, yes, happy birthday to meeeeeee!
    ladies, i'm now legal... form an orderly queue... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp :)

From Connolly to Belfast should cost you €10 single. You can book only 28 days in advance.

we should make sure we're organised and all travel from Dublin on the same train. 8-)

not that i'm offering to organise or coordinate or anything, i'm shite at that sort of thing... ;)

Not that I care what the rest of you are up to ;) ... but I was planning to get the 11.00 train that will get me to Belfast around the right time for hotel check-in.

The rest of you can do as you please :twisted: :mrgreen:

mateymate not that this is a sign of anything that may happen this time around but for the last Dublin show there were people in the pub the day of the gig with spares.

Red Lukin ... I'm sure one of the lovely Irish people that occasionally frequent this thread may be able to help you.

Is the Airport Connection the bus?? If so you can buy tickets at the airport.

EDIT: apparently it is the bus http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey ... ables/748/
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The 748 from outside the arrivals hall at the Airport leaves you down to Heuston Station. It's a big green bus with Airlink on it, so ye can't miss it. The 747 is the same, just doesn't go as far as Heuston. You can purchase a ticket on the bus, I think it costs 5 or 6 euro. It goes every few minutes too during the day.

Regarding the train, you can buy tickets when you get there, but it would be recommended you buy beforehand as it'd be cheaper. You can also get a few busses from Dublin airport to Galway city (http://www.citylink.ie/). That'll save you having to get into Dublin city centre, and will take about the same amount of time.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks a lot to both of you..chime and jenny. I love the options. Looks like the bus is the best option. Slightly longer, but I'm guessing a bus from the airport to Heuston will take a bit of time. Citylink buses to Galway seems to run quite often too which is good.

Jenny do you think it's safe to buy these when I arrive or do you recommend buying in advance?
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Get the Go Bus from the airport to Galway.

Probably 2 and half hrs.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello from Brussels!

Happy birthday (belated) to jrd!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i think jrd might have a hangover this morning
    2 half pint shandys last night had him stumbling and slurring his words :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    There was no drunken post about how much he loves us though :lol:

Belated happy birthday, JRD 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Gemmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
    I need a coffee!
    Haha, did yer face fall off from all the drooling?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So Gemma's not managed to get the restraining order in place yet then. :shock: ;)

Belated birthday greetings jrd 8-)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    It's mostly cos Mrs Al told me to stay away... she must've seen some of the videos from the London divilment... *glares at Dunk*

nowt to do with me... i can't pick and choose who downloads what from my torrent site. ;)

No wonder I've been getting strange looks when I'm out and about... :lol:

yeah, although thats maybe to do with the whole "death clown" look you've got going on there. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    hahaha... I wanted to dress up as a death clown last year for Hallowe'en, but I didn't know how to go about it.

But now?! NOW I will be deathclown foreveeeeer!

I'm hyper today, life is good... what's going on?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    There was no drunken post about how much he loves us though :lol:

Belated happy birthday, JRD 8-)

too drunk to figure out how to turn on the laptop... that third shandy just killed me... ;)
  • Hello strangers.

Someday... someday, I'll get around to catching up with the 38,500-odd posts I've missed on this thread. In the meantime, how y'all doin'? And, more importantly, who wants to fill me in on all I've missed?! :mrgreen:

I did read back a few pages, and saw Pip's post about it being 4 years since the Astoria on the 20th. Holy crap!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Hello strangers.

Someday... someday, I'll get around to catching up with the 38,500-odd posts I've missed on this thread. In the meantime, how y'all doin'? And, more importantly, who wants to fill me in on all I've missed?! :mrgreen:

I did read back a few pages, and saw Pip's post about it being 4 years since the Astoria on the 20th. Holy crap!

Hi Damien :wave:

Will you be joining us for some shows in the summer? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.

• Hi Damien :wave:

Will you be joining us for some shows in the summer? :)

Hi Sian,

I will, of course! Dublin (obviously!), Belfast, London, Berlin. Have done next to no preparation though...
    Alriiii Damo! Schweeeh schweeeh schweeeh.... :shh:

Hope life is treating you well :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Alriiii Damo! Schweeeh schweeeh schweeeh.... :shh:

Hope life is treating you well :D

Whaddup, Jen? S'all good.
  • So, what is going on the night before the show? Some kinda hippy pagan solstice gathering on the Hill of Tara, or something a bit more... normal? Like a pub, or something?
    So, what is going on the night before the show? Some kinda hippy pagan solstice gathering on the Hill of Tara, or something a bit more... normal? Like a pub, or something?

I think I invited you to it on FB!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:

I think I invited you to it on FB!

I'm sure you did, but I've been even uselesser on FB than I have been here! I'll seek it out.

Been quite the hermit lately, me...
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Just joined the FB group, saw a ticket on ebay for a little over face value but it was seated at the back, I think I shall wait as standing is best?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
    Jennytree wrote:
    Haha, did yer face fall off from all the drooling?!

Of course not I was very well behaved :?
    chime wrote:
    So Gemma's not managed to get the restraining order in place yet then. :shock: ;)

No doesnt come into effect until monday :twisted:
    mateymate wrote:
    Just joined the FB group, saw a ticket on ebay for a little over face value but it was seated at the back, I think I shall wait as standing is best?

Yeah you're better off waiting for a bit, there are always spares coming up, I remember back in 06 a dude came up to us and offered us 2 tix in the pub at less than face-value, he just wanted a fan to have them (and he was in a pub full of PJ fans ;) ), fair play to him :D

Jen we also need a meet up on point on the day in question a la 06..that was class :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen we also need a meet up on point on the day in question a la 06..that was class :twisted:
    and you're telling me this because...?! I'm gonna be queuing, won't be arranging a piss up I can't go to myself ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hey Dub crew!
    I don't post here enough..how are ye all??

guess what?? it's APRIL already!! the days are flying by and our boys are nearly here!! can't wait!
    73 days
    1757 hours
    105421 minutes
    6325306 seconds

This thread is the longest on the whole Pit...I wonder how much of a bearing (if any at all) this had on Pj coming back here? it's a well populated thread and visitors obviously had a good time last time they were here..it'd be interesting to know..I wonder is there a ceiling or upper limit pf pages possible on a thread in a forum? this threads a model for finding out I guess.
    Jen that's your job baby!

Dave don't dempt the mods to close us down ;)

the old masters is hotting up nicely.

Had a superb day with the wife and kids, we were outside all day, fired up the barbie and drank some sweet beers...pure bliss :D
    I need a coffee!