Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Soupy... saw your post on the other thread. I would like to remind my friends in the crew that, though I do not live central London (I live in Twickenham), there is bed/sofabed/floor space available for HRC (or anytime really).
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    cheers Rita.
    chances are i will end u being closer in to the action. i will keep the offer in mind should all else fail
    4999 posts..... not for the first time around these parts... what can i do for 5000 :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    Wearing your new glasses today Jenny?

Hells yeah! I had a slight dilemma though, had to figure out which ones to go with!

It is SNOWING in Dublin... :roll:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    cheers Rita.
    chances are i will end u being closer in to the action. i will keep the offer in mind should all else fail
    4999 posts..... not for the first time around these parts... what can i do for 5000 :lol:

Figured you would!

5000th post.... make it monumental!
    well i forgot about the fact i was on 4999 and i wasted 5000 elswhere, so 5001 is all about boobs :lol: just for the Dublin Crew 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

I'm thinking of getting an Oyster card, as I'm going to be travelling in or around London a few times over the summer (weekend in May, RATM and PJ in June) and I'm always over every few months. Is it worth it? Can I use it for other trains besides the tube?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting an Oyster card, as I'm going to be travelling in or around London a few times over the summer (weekend in May, RATM and PJ in June) and I'm always over every few months. Is it worth it? Can I use it for other trains besides the tube?

Definitely worth it. I think a single tube journey is something like £4.00 without it and £1.80 with it. Think it caps the price at the price of a travelcard too so you never pay more on a day than you would have if you bought a travelcard.

Can be used on some trains but I'm not sure which ones as I have a train pass. Also works on buses.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hey folks..
    Booking the flights&tour stuff today..Arras, Werchter and Oeiras all have question marks beside them. Don't know what to do. To go or not..help!
  • After the noon everyone... :wave:

My contact lens appointment is Friday morning :shock:

I went to book the train for HRC calling today... fucking expensive! :o £73 for me and Dave to get from Cov! I'm gonna have to shop around methinks :think:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Definitely worth it. I think a single tube journey is something like £4.00 without it and £1.80 with it. Think it caps the price at the price of a travelcard too so you never pay more on a day than you would have if you bought a travelcard.

Can be used on some trains but I'm not sure which ones as I have a train pass. Also works on buses.

yes, the Oyster is valid on all tube, train, bus and DLR journeys in the main 6 zones. if you're going outside the 6 main zones you need to get some sort of extension ticket. i travel in from zone 6 on South West Trains and then change to the Underground at Vauxhall or Waterloo using Oyster Pay-As-You-Go, the daily fare is capped at the price of a daily travelcard so long as you remember to swipe in and out on every part of the journey - even if the ticket barriers are open... if you forget to swipe then you get charged the full single fare.

the only thing to watch out for is if you start a journey before 09:30, i.e. in the morning peak time. in that case any tube/train/DLR journey will be charged at the going rate and all journeys you make after 09:30 will then be capped at the daily off-peak travelcard fare (7.50 quid).

the really confusing part is if you take a bus before 09:30 and then use the tube/train/DLR/bus after 09:30 because for some reason that is NOT capped at the off-peak rate but at the peak, so you could end up spending nearly 15 quid for a peak rate daily travelcard!

check out the oyster web page for all the info.

clear...? ;)

basically, get an Oyster card because you'll save money, and you can use it every time you come to London, but try to avoid travelling before 09:30, especially on a bus!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    oh, forgot to say that you can top up your Oyster card at tube stations (minimum top-up 5 quid) or online at the website.

when you do it via the website i think you have to nominate a station to 'pick up' the pay-as-you-go credit or the travelcard, i.e. when you start your journey at your nominated station the credit is added to your card. if you change your plans and have to start at another station you won't get the 'ticket', it'll stay at your nominated station for 8 days and then get credited back to your bank account if not picked up.

you got all that... ? 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    edited March 2010
    Looking for two or three decent seats for Florence and the Machines on 14th or 15th May. G would like to go with friend and I completely forgot about the sales and naturally, when I remembered, they were sold out :roll:

So.... if you hear of any going at a normalish price, let me know!
    Post edited by redrock on
    err... yeaaah... thanks Chime :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    After the noon everyone... :wave:

I went to book the train for HRC calling today... fucking expensive! :o £73 for me and Dave to get from Cov! I'm gonna have to shop around methinks :think:

Bird have you checked that the cheap tickets have been released??

I know for eastcoast (that I use for trains to Scotland) only up to 18 June have been released ;)

Muchos apologies if you have checked :oops: :P
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    After the noon everyone... :wave:

:-O ahh - good ole student rail cards!!

You should be able to get it cheaper though :S Is that just a single and which station you get to?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Anyone know any good B&B's in Inis Mór (Aran Islands)? I found one for 100 euro a night for 2 of us, and curious if that's the going rate, or if I can get much better?
    I don't think that the 3 people that live on Inis Mor post here ;)

Haven't a clue :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    :lol:

I just figured someone here has at least visited there.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Lucky who goers ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Lucky who goers ;)

why thank you ;) definitelya nice plus to the evening 8-)
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    chime wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    Lucky who goers ;)

why thank you ;) definitelya nice plus to the evening 8-)

Glaad you had a good one!!!!

lucky man!!!!!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Was it good then Pip :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

'morning to all.
    from all reports it was absolutly shocking :shock:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    3 hours and awake again. Bloody Who and Ed, making me sleep less. Inconsiderate bastards.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    .... and to think I was offered a last minute ticket..... :(
  • redrock wrote:
    .... and to think I was offered a last minute ticket..... :(

I was too but i've never liked The Who :lol:

Happy for those who were there though :thumbup:

Morning everyone :wave:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    I got that Ed arrived, but what actually happened?! I can't seem to find out amongst all the gloating :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jenny - check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127847
    Jennytree wrote:
    I got that Ed arrived, but what actually happened?! I can't seem to find out amongst all the gloating :lol:

:oops: Soz

He did some of that singing stuff ... stood on a his own platform ... and wearing rock star shades.

The Who were playing Quadrophenia start to finish ... here are Sandra's videos http://www.youtube.com/user/PegasusSF#p/u/2/HgossDCzUc4
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    i thought that storm was the end of the world last night :o
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018