Thank you!

All the snow is gone :cry:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    All the snow is gone :cry:

snowed again last night round our way, though nowhere near enough to cancel trains or buses and allow me to have another day off... booo! :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mucho love to Al and his kin. :| 90 is a great age to get to.

you know on Facebook... do you guys accept the friend requests from people you simply dont know yet have 45 mutual friends? I'm not sure if I should cos, well, i've never met them?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:

you know on Facebook... do you guys accept the friend requests from people you simply dont know yet have 45 mutual friends? I'm not sure if I should cos, well, i've never met them?

I don't. If I don't know them, I don't accept them. Some of them I haven't met, but been chatting online, etc. So sort of 'know' them!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I don't. If I don't know them, I don't accept them. Some of them I haven't met, but been chatting online, etc. So sort of 'know' them!

I don't accept them either.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I used to but I'm thinking of getting rid of some of them. Some of the stuff is getting on my nerves

*ends rant before it starts*

I'll still be friends with all of you lovely people though, I'm sure yer all delighted!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    well if you lovely folks dont accept them neither am i... I've already had my 'real' friends querying me on how I know some Russian bloke who likes Yellow Ledbetter...

I like Pearl Jam and all that ... but i dont know what my 'real' friends are up to cos all i get on facebook updates is So_and_So has bought a fucking goat on that farm thingy...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    well if you lovely folks dont accept them neither am i... I've already had my 'real' friends querying me on how I know some Russian bloke who likes Yellow Ledbetter...

I like Pearl Jam and all that ... but i dont know what my 'real' friends are up to cos all i get on facebook updates is So_and_So has bought a fucking goat on that farm thingy...

I also don't 'ignore' the friend request and that way they can't just send you another friend request if they forget which PJ people they have already asked ... I just leave them in friend request limbo :oops: ... is that evil??
    chime wrote:
    I just leave them in friend request limbo :oops: ... is that evil??

I don't know but I do the same :twisted: Eventually one of them cancelled (if that's what you do) their request. Still have a few in limbo too....
    dunkman wrote:
    ....cos all i get on facebook updates is So_and_So has bought a fucking goat on that farm thingy...

That is very annoying. Anyway to turn those updates off?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Thanks a million all...on the day we buried my aunt, lil bro had to fly to gatwick that eve to meet a director on Fri morning and the one feckin airport in the WHOLE of the UK...Gatwick, although he did get to stansted (think he may have slept in the airport :shock: )...anyway, when is wife got home from dropping him to the airport, she found their house flooded :o a pipe had burst that morning and they will need new ceilings, walls, kitchen, furniture in the sitting room, all cds/dvds, tv, wii comp all distroyed...bloody nightmare. In fairness to them though they are taking the positive spin and just getting on with it, although he's left for LA today for 2 months...I tell ya he's a lucky man to have such a great wife. Everyones in good for and I really do appreciate all your kind thoughts. :)

On the whole F/B thing, I was accepting people that others knew but I'm thinking of getting rid as I feckin sick of people sending me angels or whatever the hell they do and seeing all those bloody sheep on that fuckville...me thinks its time for a cull of the flock :twisted:

Love you guys :D
    I need a coffee!
    top stuff about the brother Al... and to think when he becomes mega-famous i have a photo of me and him which could be worth blackmailing him... he looks really knackered and red-faced and i'm wearing a transvestites red wig. think it was taken after a dance off... but for all intents and purposes it could have been taken in the Mayfair hotel just after he had pummelled me whilst i lay spread eagled, naked and drugged on the bed.

or something. :oops:

right.. off to facebook... getting rid of that Al fecker as all he ever does is tell me he slept with another sheep on Farmville... or is that Jamie UK who does that? i'll delete them both! :twisted: :twisted: ;);)
    I must have managed to hide farmville as I don't get any info on it anymore :D

Congrats to lil' bro on LA :mrgreen: and booooo on the house problems :(

I've finally booked everything today to go to Keith's wedding in Malta :D ... Al was it you that also had a wedding in Malta to go to :?
    Nice for the lil' bro! Bummer for the house. Great for the attitude!!!! Yep Dunk.... when lil' bro is Hollywood famous, we can say we shared secrets with him!

ooOOoo Malta... wedding time just around the corner. Seems to have come so quickly!

**goes to facebook to see how she can get rid of Farmville, etc. notifications**
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i hide and block a lot of crap on facebook, including people :o
    Some people are just too crazy on there for my liking, and they get the flick straight away! too many damn applications for the crazies to go nuts on!
    it is better now than it used to be, i would routinely hide 20+ applications a day so i got no updates from them :lol: now it is 2 or 3
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    If you go to your Home page, then expand the list on the left hand side (that says News Feed, Status updates, photo's etc) by clicking on 'more'. Drag whatever you want your homepage to be e.g. Status Updates to the top - then they'll be the only thing you'll see when you log into FB. It's just an idea if you don't wanna see all the app stuff when you log in. If I feel like looking at photos or videos then I'll click on the relevant tab - but I find myself only wanting to read statuseseses mostly.

To hide notifications from apps: select the 'notifications' button on the bottom right-hand corner. Find an app notification that you wanna tell fuck off to, hover over it and click the X sign that appears when you hover over it. A pop-up box will ask if you wanna 'Hide All' or 'Report Spam' or 'Cancel' - click Hide All if you so wish to never receive a notification from this app again. Also, if you 'view all ' your notifications, a list of apps will appear on the right-hand side, just untick the ones that you don't want. You can also do multiple ignore's at once but I can't remember how off the top of my head!

Al, yer bro is really in the horrors. I'd be devastated if I lost so much stuff like that - namely Bubz and his odd ways, Eddie's plec and well... nerdly enough... my external hard drives :roll: All the snow is 100% gone here - I'm glad I took photos and videos when I did on Saturday. I'll miss it so, it was good times!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • i hide and block a lot of crap on facebook, including people :o
    Some people are just too crazy on there for my liking, and they get the flick straight away! too many damn applications for the crazies to go nuts on!
    it is better now than it used to be, i would routinely hide 20+ applications a day so i got no updates from them :lol: now it is 2 or 3
    already tell my friends iun face..the one send me again farm and mafia is out :evil:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    'morning all. Thanks Jenny... will fiddle with it later.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    edited January 2010
    Yes thanks Jen I will also have a fiddle later. Al sorry to hear about the bro send him/her my love and good luck in LA !!

Got first teaching class in Bristol tonight eek hope enough ppl come.

I have loved the snow but happy for it to go now so I can get on with plans

oo and had a dream last night that a young pearl jam were playing in my parents garage when I went home to visit!! Hehe it's always nice to dream about the ones u love hahaha
    Post edited by V V on
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Morning.

I just 'Hide' an app when it appears in my live feed and then don't see anything else from it.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Afternoon. *tips cap*
    chime wrote:
    Morning.

I just 'Hide' an app when it appears in my live feed and then don't see anything else from it.

I do that Hiding thing too. Applications and people. :? Also, I should do some tidying up on my "Friends" list.

Boo indeed about the bro's house, Al. :shock: Mucho yay for the good attitude. :)

Ooh, V! First class, how exciting. :D I'm sure it will be a success! :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    I deacticvated my fb account for the very same reasons

i just couldnt put up with farmville this mafiawars bllx that

so I firebombed it over Christmas

Facebook cold Turkey though - not for the fainthearted!! :lol:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • redrock wrote:
    ' Jenny... will fiddle with it later.

Rita!!! :shock:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    VV - how exciting! Both the first class and the dream!!!

Dylan - :( How am I supposed to keep up with news of little one and beautiful photos you take?

TH - :oops: caught me out!

And... Pippa... thanks for the tip. No more farmville, mafia, zoo, fish, etc... Bliss!
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    redrock wrote:

Dylan - :( How am I supposed to keep up with news of little one and beautiful photos you take?

And... Pippa... thanks for the tip. No more farmville, mafia, zoo, fish, etc... Bliss!

Awww Rita, does this mean I can't send you Chris all wrapped up!!?
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Cheers all :D

V best of luck ;)8-)

Just bagged me a Christchurch poster, cant believe they havent sold out...ah the old poster market has gone to shite :lol: Theirry I'll give ya €20 for your istanbul ;)

Funny story (kind of!!), after suffering Peppa Pig DVD on sat morning, Daddy lashed on the 02 gig. So me and the 2 kids were rockin out and A-M says, dad put on my song...so on went the fixer and we bopped some more and then when it was finished she had this puzzled look on her face and points out...dad thats not johnny on the tv...wheres johnny...had to explain that it wasnt on the dvd....so then she says lets put on our favourite "the Monks & Waves"...I said...erm...what song is that....you know dad the monks and waves one...still lost I said sing it, so eventually she starts singin...."ridin high the monks and waves"...well not to say I nearly wet me pants laughing..."amongst the waves"...so it is now officially known as "the monks & waves"....so anyway, later I put on Footsteps and she was not happy...shes not into "slow" songs on the rockers...so then I said when she was older I'd take her to see Pearl Jam, over the moon she was, and then she said well dad if you do that I'll take you to see Hannah Montana....cant say fairer than that :lol:
    I need a coffee!
    Haha, Al ye must be so proud! Must feel like yer doing something right when stuff like that happens! :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    so02see wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Awww Rita, does this mean I can't send you Chris all wrapped up!!?

No, no :o:o Chris wrapped up can still be sent!!!! Only hidden notifications for those games.

Al... you'll never be able to get Hannah Montana tix. Even more difficult than Pearl Jam!
    10c never sent me my happy birthday email!

I'm revoking my membership, the feckers! Total disgrace that they couldn't even bother to send me a frikkin' email. What am I paying my membership fee for?! :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    10c never sent me my happy birthday email!

I'm revoking my membership, the feckers! Total disgrace that they couldn't even bother to send me a frikkin' email. What am I paying my membership fee for?! :lol:
    what??they didnt???how come?? :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”