Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    And a fine Saturday morning to all. Pumped up for Uncle Neil tonight (and Seasick Steve and others!).....
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i wish i was at Neil 8-)

Hope you enjoyed it 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Neil = A Day in the Life with Paul friggin McCartney :o ... it was a pretty good day ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Neil = A Day in the Life with Paul friggin McCartney :o ... it was a pretty good day ;)

only pretty good?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    Chime wrote:

only pretty good?

Yeah.. well you know... us Londoners.. a bit blase about things here ;)
  • Options
    so how was bruce in the park??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Neill :roll: Bruce :roll: PJ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hi all
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

Bruce was pretty darned good, if i do say so meself...
    opened with London Calling :D
    also got Racing in the Street, Rosalita and Jungleland in a 27-song, 2h 50m show...
    am somewhat knackered today... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

also got Racing in the Street, Rosalita and Jungleland in a 27-song, 2h 50m show...

Well you are an auld fella ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Well you are an auld fella ;)

aye, me legs cannae take all that standing up :D
    glad i'm sitting down for the Manchester PJ show, two days in a row of standing would render me incapable of walking... mind you, so will two halves of shandy...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    aye, me legs cannae take all that standing up :D
    glad i'm sitting down for the Manchester PJ show, two days in a row of standing would render me incapable of walking... mind you, so will two halves of shandy...

Its ok, dunk will be well goosed before you've had half your first shandy, so everyone will be focusing on the drunk scottish tit in the corner with his kilt round his neck having sniffed Theirry Henrys urine from the night before :shock:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    jrd wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yo MoFo's.....thats all

8-)

Yo!

so 12 months have passed since there was a gathering of mofo's in NYC...
    good times 8-)

only remembered that last night while munching on a blue M&M:

"hey! we got these M&Ms in New York last year... hang on, what's the date... we were in NY this time last year seeing Pearl Jam!! :D
    sheeee-it! these M&Ms are a year old...!" :shock: :oops:

:mrgreen:

*waves to all my friends*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

They don't seem to notice me :cry:;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

hello there, ya sexy balding bastard!
    ;)

did i get that right?
    i stalk here on occasion, catch up a bit on the news of my friends on the other side of the pond.....and sure, infrequently post (how rare for me, eh? ;)) when something fits, or it simply suits my mood.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd wrote:

You were there too ... kept that one quiet :P

Should have gone the day before ... sure two whole days of standing could have justified a couple of days off 8-)

*waves to Al* ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    jrd wrote:

You were there too ... kept that one quiet :P

international man of mystery, that's me that is... :ugeek: 8-)
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

;)

did i get that right?

hey d2d how's it going ? not making it over for any of the shows this year ? :roll:

but no, i don't think you did get it right... i mean... Al... "sexy" ????!!! :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

did i get that right?

hey d2d how's it going ? not making it over for any of the shows this year ? :roll:

but no, i don't think you did get it right... i mean... Al... "sexy" ????!!!

sadly, no.....
    i did answer you when you asked in that other thread:
    jrd wrote:
    norm wrote:
    d2d i'm very disappointed....you can turn your 10c membership card in at any target store :P :P :mrgreen::mrgreen:

what's your 10c number d2d...?
    hey wait... she can hand it in to me instead.... :D

which reminds me (sort of), you not coming over for any of the 4 shows over here d2d ? the dollar's pretty good against the pound... ;) come on, you know you want to...

oh it's utter crap, so no worries....you don't want it. :P

that said, no, no, no....thanks for the reminder. :evil: our dear sweet barbara asked me *immediately* when the shows were first announced but alas VERY bad timing in regards to work - how dare pj not consult my schedule first! ;) - and sure, 2 eurotours, other shows....and errrr....life? i just really need to to do better $$$-wise. i'm tryin' to be good, but it is oh so difficult. i am a dreamer afterall...... :mrgreen: but you ARE correct...i sooooo want to! so sure, have a drink, or two, in honor, i'll miss you all......

thus far, looks like i must content myself with the one ed solo show mr. dream and i caught down in baltimore. be my first year since my first show in 2003 NOT seeing pj. yea, i know...wrong crowd to go cryin to. ;) haha. i am holding out hope for the rumored seattle shows and/or philly shows....just might be able to pull either off, and also continue my streak.... :mrgreen:

and aso to al:
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :lol:

*Runs to raid the kids college fund to pay for flights acommodation and treatment*

;):lol:

I dont mind being a sexy balding fat bastard :twisted:

awww al, you're so not fat.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jrd wrote:

did i get that right?

but no, i don't think you did get it right... i mean... Al... "sexy" ????!!!

sadly, no.....
    i did answer you when you asked in that other thread:

awww, now that's just not fair - how the hell can i be expected to remember what i wrote in other threads...? :o i can barely remember which shoe goes on which foot... :roll: :oops:

:lol:
  • Options
    Good morning guys....
  • Options
    Morning Rita

Hi Maria, nice to see you in the Dublin Crew again 8-) Come to Seattle :D

John, i am sure somebody would have got you a shandy had they known about your attendence at Bruce

Pippa, you are a little machine who needs to show John the way ;) i may be aging :o , but i can live in a crowd for a few days 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Helllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm back !!!!!!! so fucking knackered

still , Neil was AMAZING Al u are so missing out boy, one day it will hit u!!!!

Herb rocked out big time to Neil , loved the 4 time ending on RIFW. saw bit of crosby stills nash was ok Nick Cave was ACE ! so was Prodigy, saw 1 min of Blur (mali wanted a look!) man were they boring!

heard bits of other stuff while working like Tinariwen, Khaled, Rokia Traore and mostly the Jazz stage. and the rest I cant recall right now. here was the line up and stupid number of stages ! :D
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up-poster/

right loads of washing to do need a BATH so bad, though did start saturday with a lovely suna :) , we had great weather a lil rain but wasn't a problem, worked too bloody hard 5-6 hours of thai massage for 4 days my hands need a rest but it was fun ~ oh yeah gave a massage to the lady who wrote and made Bend it like Beckham ! hahaha catch up with you all later . Big Kiss XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Morning Rita

Hi Maria, nice to see you in the Dublin Crew again 8-)Come to Seattle :D

John, i am sure somebody would have got you a shandy had they known about your attendence at Bruce

Pippa, you are a little machine who needs to show John the way ;) i may be aging :o , but i can live in a crowd for a few days 8-)

i just might.
    it may actually be cheaper for me to hit them up rather than philly. hopefully i can use airmiles and stay with friends, so could do so rather cheaply. however, there are some rumors swirling about of pj in oz in november! :shock: i really can't afford it, but i did always say next time pj heads down under that i was going too! 2006 they had a show in oz on my birthday, i would hate to miss that again. so we shall see. i hope 10c does us all the favor and announces US AND everywhere else all at once. i know, i'm dreaming...;)

and hey j.......it's ok, i can barely remember what clothes i wore yesterday. :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    V V wrote:
    Helllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well hello your pinkness! Hope you've had your bath now and that you feel better! I LOVED RITFW. He did the same at Hyde Park... so funny! Saw bit of Nick Cave - he's damn good.

So... Mali had a look at Blur... did she like them?

We've just been out for a long walk... I'm knackered and will be going for a cold shower (well... tepid...)

xx
  • Options
    Hey all! Today was 1 off those days that I was wonderin how the fuck I get paid for doing the job that I do! I got 2 spend a beautiful day in 1 of the most stunning areas of Ireland with good kids...superb!

Little bro is gettin married on thurs...lookin forward to it

love toall
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Evening all... saw some of the footage of Uncle Neil and Bruce at Glasto and both looked incredible!!!

How were Gaslight Anthem??

We've got our 20 week scan tomorrow so "working from home" again so might catch you online...

Best wishes to all ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Morning Rita

Hi Maria, nice to see you in the Dublin Crew again 8-)Come to Seattle :D

i just might.
    it may actually be cheaper for me to hit them up rather than philly. hopefully i can use airmiles and stay with friends, so could do so rather cheaply. however, there are some rumors swirling about of pj in oz in november! :shock: i really can't afford it, but i did always say next time pj heads down under that i was going too! 2006 they had a show in oz on my birthday, i would hate to miss that again. so we shall see. i hope 10c does us all the favor and announces US AND everywhere else all at once. i know, i'm dreaming...;)

and hey j.......it's ok, i can barely remember what clothes i wore yesterday. :P

i am not paying too much attention to those rumopurs at the moment, but as expected, the aussie crew jumped on them :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Irish Al wrote:

:o:o:o

Congratulations to lil' bro!!!!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

:o:o:o

Congratulations to lil' bro!!!!

yes congrats :D

I have bad news :( some **** broke into our van while at glasto and took the step ladder ! why ??? and the kids CD players plus a few CD's they had in a bag like Rage, System, johnny cash, so mostly MY CD's they were borrowing for the journey even after I argued with them not to bother, anyway thought oh well just let it go UNTIL Mali remembered she was listening to my new TEN in her player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

so now I have deluxe Ten box, DVD and old CD but no new Remix :( :(

****ing Kids never listen !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Pooh...!! V... that's not good :(

No-one around today then?? :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...