Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    bjpierce said:

Haha glad to help so many folks... the Peabody will definitely be much more fun with all of you there. They have a good big bar area and you can also drink on the roof top.

I will be there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Do not give the ducks beer!
  • Options
    ben30338ben30338 Georgia Posts: 47
    Flying solo from ATL to Memphis and looking forward to a great evening. Saw Sir Paul with our 3 daughters last year at the Forum and had a blast. Peabody is by far the place to be. I have an extra TC Reserved ticket, but I'm a newbie to the club. PM if anyone needs a single (still looking to get into Denver).
    2013: Charlotte
    2014: Lincoln, Memphis, No Code, Denver
    2015: Sao Paulo
    2016: Miami, Columbia, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    GvntoflyGvntofly Posts: 73
    I'll be flying out from Idaho to catch this show. Super stoked to check out Memphis and get some good BBQ and check out some Blues. I'm renting a car and looking to travel within a 5-6 hour radius after the show. Any insight would be appreciated. I'm thinking about heading down to ATL, St. Louis, or Kentucky. Thoughts?
    1995: Salt Lake City 1 & 2
    1998: Missoula
    2000: Boise
    2002: Seattle 1 & 2
    2003: Phoenix
    2004: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School)
    2005: The Gorge
    2006: Las Vegas, The Gorge
    2009: Seattle
    2013: Portland, Spokane, Seattle
    2014: Memphis
  • Options
    Nashville has a great music scene, but I'm biased since I grew up there. I would recommend Nash Vegas over Atlanta (and it's a much easier drive).
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I have 1 10c Memphis RS spare as I am going solo. PM if interested.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I am arranging my travel plans. Coming from Italy. I am thinking about spending two nights in Nashville (sun and mon) and two nights in Memphis (tue and wed). Would it be fine? Suggestions from locals are very welcome. I regret to miss the Grand Ole Opry since I cannot be in Nashville on Friday and Sunday, but it seems to be rather commercial, doesn't it?
    I plan to have the writers' night at the Bluebird on Sunday and the Time Jumpers at the 3rd & Lindsley on Monday in Nashville: is it a good choice?
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    ben30338 said:

Nashville has a great music scene, but I'm biased since I grew up there. I would recommend Nash Vegas over Atlanta (and it's a much easier drive).

Great music scene in Nashville and it's mostly free and it's not all country. Way better city than Atl in my opinion. Just walk down Broadway and all the doors are open and there is no cover anywhere. If you like the sound coming from the bar just stop and have a beer maybe tip the band a buck or two. I have seen some of the best musicians you can imagine playing a bar for free in front of 20 people on a Tuesday afternoon.

• Options
    Air23 said:

I am arranging my travel plans. Coming from Italy. I am thinking about spending two nights in Nashville (sun and mon) and two nights in Memphis (tue and wed). Would it be fine? Suggestions from locals are very welcome. I regret to miss the Grand Ole Opry since I cannot be in Nashville on Friday and Sunday, but it seems to be rather commercial, doesn't it?
    I plan to have the writers' night at the Bluebird on Sunday and the Time Jumpers at the 3rd & Lindsley on Monday in Nashville: is it a good choice?

Take a tour of the Ryman Auditorium and the country music hall of fame is right there too. Those other things will be fun too.

• Options
    Also it's an easy but boring 200 mile drive from Nashville to Memphis. No major cities between the two just miles and miles and miles of trees. I'm in Nashville 3 nights a weeks for hockey games and will be making the drive to Memphis myself Tuesday so if you have any questions at all please PM me.
  • Options
    Hold on there, Jackson isn't a major city?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ben30338 said:

Hold on there, Jackson isn't a major city?

Forgot all about Jackson and it's 4 interstate exits. I love Jackson. I use to watch a buddy of mine play minor league baseball there sometimes when he was in Southern LEague.

Post edited by jms on
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    In for Memphis….
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    hikerjuleshikerjules South Bend, IN Posts: 19
    aumfc said:

Awesome! I'm planning on being there Sunday-Wednesday. I'm thinking I'll do general sights on Monday, Graceland, maybe the Civil Rights Museum where MLK was shot, maybe something on the Mississippi, followed by BBQ and blues on Beale! Tuesday, I'm thinking all music, Sun Studio, Gibson Guitar tour, Rock n Soul Museum, and PJ!

Any other things I should do in Memphis??

My friend and I are planning on arriving Sun evening and staying till Thu. She isn't a PJ fan (I'll work on that on the 9 hr drive down), but she loves the blues so we will be spending time on Beale st.

This should be a lot of fun! Looking forward to meeting fellow 10C peeps!
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited May 2014
    This is shaping up to be an awesome little trip....there's a ton of music-related things to see there.
    It may even top my trip to Vancouver/Seattle last winter.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    coerycoery Oklahoma Posts: 56
    I'm in! Driving in from Tulsa for a PJ concert reunion with my college roommate. She was with me at my first PJ concert in 1993 and now I'm meeting up with her to go to another 21 years later. It's going to be so much fun!
  • Options
    Who doesn't love a Pearl Jam roadtrip?
  • Options
    Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 718
    Driving 14hrs from VA, Can't wait!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    my2hands said:

Who doesn't love a Pearl Jam roadtrip?

Can't think of any better reason to drive. Especially this time for me, a easy 4 hour drive straight down 55 south
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Driving 1000 miles from Delaware for this one... i seem to make a road trip for this band every year and have a lot of great memories, seen a lot of great shows, and have met a lot of awesome people along the way... hopefully i have many more to come

This will be my first time in Tennessee and Memphis has to be the best city to visit on this tour, especially for music fans? Thankfully it was an easy 10c ticket, much like c-ville last year
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    I think we may need to organize a little something for that Peabody roof
  • Options
    jacobheymanjacobheyman Posts: 44
    We need to come up with a bird call and handshake so we can identify ourselves out and about
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Driving 1000 miles from Delaware for this one... i seem to make a road trip for this band every year and have a lot of great memories, seen a lot of great shows, and have met a lot of awesome people along the way... hopefully i have many more to come

This will be my first time in Tennessee and Memphis has to be the best city to visit on this tour, especially for music fans? Thankfully it was an easy 10c ticket, much like c-ville last year

That's what it's all about.... Making memories !!

It's funny when you tell certain people that your traveling around to see Pearl Jam and they act like your crazy, but they'll drop 3 grand to go sit on a beach somewhere.

I just think it's awesome to just pick a few random cities on the map, go see how the locals live and be able to see the greatest band on earth play a show at the end of the night. What's better than that !!!

..... and 1000 miles is definitely a giant road trip !!

(And, Memphis is a fun city, you'll like it)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    my2hands said:

I think we may need to organize a little something for that Peabody roof

I like that...a lot.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

We need to come up with a bird call and handshake so we can identify ourselves out and about

Or, we can just break the golden rule and wear a pj shirt
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    yellowwho said:

The rule...that does not exist at PJ shows. I wear one at every show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

yellowwho said:

The rule...that does not exist at PJ shows. I wear one at every show.
    Me too !
  • Options
    BLT975BLT975 Memphis, TN Posts: 59

Is this the third show only for Memphis? I looked up 8-15-2000 and 3-24-94 but were there any others? Hard to imagine such a dry spell. Should be great. I can't wait!

Yes, this is just the 3rd PJ show in Memphis ever. Been 14 years since the last one. There have been 2 EV solo shows at The Orpheum within the past 5 years, but not the full band since 2000. Their first time playing FedExForum as well (2000 show as at the Pyramid). FedExForum is an awesome venue.
    1994: Pensacola, Memphis
    1995: New Orleans
    1996: Charleston
    1998: St. Louis, Kansas City, Knoxville
    2000: Memphis
    2003: Nashville, Atlanta, Little Rock
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Chicago (I & II)
    2009: Chicago (I & II)
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis, Memphis
    2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    2016: Miami
    2018: Chicago (Wrigley I)
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    The hubby and I are in! See you guys in the pit. Maybe driving from NW Indiana, maybe flying out of Midway. Can't wait til October!

:D
  • Options
    yellowwho said:

my2hands said:

That's what it's all about.... Making memories !!

It's funny when you tell certain people that your traveling around to see Pearl Jam and they act like your crazy, but they'll drop 3 grand to go sit on a beach somewhere.

I just think it's awesome to just pick a few random cities on the map, go see how the locals live and be able to see the greatest band on earth play a show at the end of the night. What's better than that !!!

..... and 1000 miles is definitely a giant road trip !!

(And, Memphis is a fun city, you'll like it)
    I couldn't agree more. I work in a very small rural community in Tennessee where unless you were in the military you probably haven't been more than a couple of hundred miles away home. The looks I get from people when I tell them I'm going to Seattle or Denver or NYC for a concert are priceless. I might as well be going to the moon to watch aliens play basketball.