Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

The wife and me won reserved for Memphis....We probably will be in Memphis Monday.....Anyone going to be in Memphis a day before the show?....Looking to hang out with some pearl jam fans Monday night...

Wife and I are doing M/T too.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    bjpierce said:

For those still looking for rooms in Memphis I just tried the "name your own price" option on Priceline and selected downtown Memphis and 4 star hotels and got a room at the Peabody for $115 for Tuesday night.

Was the $115 what you bid for the room, or do you enter the price you want and they try and get as close as possible ?

Thanks, never used priceline before
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    I just got peabody on priceline for 115 a night. worked my way up from 80, so 115 is the lowest going for 4 stars downtown right now
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SO37031 said:

I just got peabody on priceline for 115 a night. worked my way up from 80, so 115 is the lowest going for 4 stars downtown right now

Same here. Thanks for the heads up Benjamin. Little bit closer now and a nicer hotel.

See you guys there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Have several potential deals but nothing confirmed. Looking for 1 GA Memphis ticket. Have 2 Memphis reserveds (89,XXX) and 1 Tulsa GA to trade. Thanks.
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    bjpierce said:

For those still looking for rooms in Memphis I just tried the "name your own price" option on Priceline and selected downtown Memphis and 4 star hotels and got a room at the Peabody for $115 for Tuesday night.

How does this work? I assume you can't cancel once you lock it in? Do they charge your card now or at the time of the stay? Thanks!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    dogtown said:

bjpierce said:

How does this work? I assume you can't cancel once you lock it in? Do they charge your card now or at the time of the stay? Thanks!

dog, you cannot cancel once you;re locked in. In the options section prior to credit card info, click off Downtown Memphis, 4 star hotels and put in $115 as your price.

In that area, there are four 4 star hotels, the Peabody, the Westin, the Madison, and the River Inn. The only one that is kind of far is the River Inn, a 10 minute car ride. That hotel is also one of the highest rated tho, so I doubt you would be given that hotel.

Once you hit the process button and they match up a hotel to your offer, your card is immediately charged.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the info! I just booked Monday and Tuesday nights, at only $20/night more than I was going to pay at the Sleep Inn. Can't wait for the Memphis party.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dogtown said:

Thank you all for the info! I just booked Monday and Tuesday nights, at only $20/night more than I was going to pay at the Sleep Inn. Can't wait for the Memphis party.

Hahaha, you just did the same thing I did. Sleep Inn is not a fan of bj.
  • Options
    Just booked the Peabody through priceline as well. Thanks for the heads up !
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    i'll be the girl in GA having an awesome time........ Let's party! Hoping for an Elvis cover
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    hoping for a rancid cover
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

i'll be the girl in GA having an awesome time........ Let's party! Hoping for an Elvis cover

Wow! Forgot about the Elvis cover.
  • Options
    alizmi said:

Wow! Forgot about the Elvis cover.
    I almost forgot too. A buddy of mine picked me up in his new car the other day, equipped with pearl jam radio..... and the "I can't help..." cover was playing when I got in. I've listened to it about 10 times since. I'd say a Elvis cover would be very fitting
  • Options
    hikerjuleshikerjules South Bend, IN Posts: 19
    one more for Peabody! Thanks for the info. 4 nights 115/night! canceled my other reservation. This is going to be fun, Pearl Jam and Peabody ducks!
  • Options

Hahaha, you just did the same thing I did. Sleep Inn is not a fan of bj.

Suck it, Sleep Inn! Who needs free breakfast when we have ducks and a great happy hour at the Peabody Corner Bar? http://www.peabodymemphis.com/hotel-calendar-of-events/

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    How far away is the Peabody from the venue?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

Less than a half mile. About a 10 minute walk
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

Google says a 6 minute walk.
  • Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    Awesome! I'm planning on being there Sunday-Wednesday. I'm thinking I'll do general sights on Monday, Graceland, maybe the Civil Rights Museum where MLK was shot, maybe something on the Mississippi, followed by BBQ and blues on Beale! Tuesday, I'm thinking all music, Sun Studio, Gibson Guitar tour, Rock n Soul Museum, and PJ!

Any other things I should do in Memphis??
  • Options
    Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 718
    edited May 2014
    aumfc said:

Awesome! I'm planning on being there Sunday-Wednesday. I'm thinking I'll do general sights on Monday, Graceland, maybe the Civil Rights Museum where MLK was shot, maybe something on the Mississippi, followed by BBQ and blues on Beale! Tuesday, I'm thinking all music, Sun Studio, Gibson Guitar tour, Rock n Soul Museum, and PJ!

Any other things I should do in Memphis??

Don't forget Stax Records, you won't believe all the tunes recorded there!
    Post edited by Peacefrog1975 on
  • Options
    TA18986TA18986 Posts: 5
    Memphis born and raised, won 2 GA tix through lottery. Best hotel bets are Westin (right across the street), Hampton Inn Beale, Peabody, and Madison. There are some cheaper options down there as well, all within walking distance
  • Options
    paulipauli Seattle Wa Posts: 70
    In for GA. Gonna bring that tambourine back to Seattle!
    Easy Street Queen Anne, I MISS YOU ALREADY! Thanks Matt
  • Options
    half emptyhalf empty Posts: 67
    GA for me! See you all at the Peabody and thank you for posting the Priceline deal!
    Nov 05, 1993 - Nov 07, 1995 - Jul 10, 1998 - Jul 11, 1998 - Oct 30, 1999 - Oct 31, 1999
    Oct 24, 2000 - Oct 25, 2000 - Oct 28, 2000 - Jun 02, 2003 - Jun 03, 2003 - Jun 05, 2003
    Jun 06, 2003 - Oct 28, 2003 - Jul 07, 2006 - Jul 09, 2006 - Jul 10, 2006 - Jul 13, 2006 - Jul 12, 2008
    Aug 28, 2009 - Oct 06, 2009 - Oct 07, 2009 - Oct 09, 2009 - Sept 22, 2012 - Oct 14, 2014 - April 16, 2016
  • Options
    The Peabody is going to be Pearl Jam Central.

Curious to see these Ducks. Will prob see some of you down at the hotel bar as well. Glug glug.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    In for Reserved seats with my wife... Coming from NY (not easy to get there directly) staying at the Westin! First time in Memphis... Tues - Thurs...
  • Options
    bjpiercebjpierce Posts: 13
    Haha glad to help so many folks... the Peabody will definitely be much more fun with all of you there. They have a good big bar area and you can also drink on the roof top.
    Wrigley 7.19.13 -- OKC 11.16.13 -- ACL 10.5.14 -- Tulsa 10.8.14 -- Memphis 10.14.14 -- Tampa 4.11.16
  • Options
    JF241710JF241710 Atlanta Posts: 93
    so excited to get GA for this show! coming from atlanta as well. thanks for all the hotel recs.
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • Options
    MMPoochMMPooch New Jersey Posts: 68
    davidos said:

In for Reserved seats with my wife... Coming from NY (not easy to get there directly) staying at the Westin! First time in Memphis... Tues - Thurs...

We are at the Westin too. We are flying from NJ and you're right flights weren't easy. Ended up using Philly airport because the flights were half the price, but still nothing direct.
  • Options
    jacobheymanjacobheyman Posts: 44
    I need to know where the best blues bars are. The grittier the better