Options

Official Memphis Ten Roll call - 10/14/14

Comments

• Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118

We need to come up with a bird call and handshake so we can identify ourselves out and about

Yeah or a code phrase like "Excuse me, do you know how I can get a spot a Lukin's?"

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    used priceline and booked the peabody from sat-wed for $115 per night plus tax ($139 per night total)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    my2hands said:

used priceline and booked the peabody from sat-wed for $115 per night plus tax ($139 per night total)

Nice. The Peabody has been taken over.

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Air23 said:

I am arranging my travel plans. Coming from Italy. I am thinking about spending two nights in Nashville (sun and mon) and two nights in Memphis (tue and wed). Would it be fine? Suggestions from locals are very welcome. I regret to miss the Grand Ole Opry since I cannot be in Nashville on Friday and Sunday, but it seems to be rather commercial, doesn't it?
    I plan to have the writers' night at the Bluebird on Sunday and the Time Jumpers at the 3rd & Lindsley on Monday in Nashville: is it a good choice?

Yeah, those are good bets. 3rd and Lindsley is a nice little place. For the BlueBird, make sure and get there somewhat early as it's first come first served on seating (for the free show that usually starts around 6pm but you can also call for reservations for some shows. usually the late show will have a cover, but not always). Plus, you never know who will show up. Dave Grohl showed up and played an hour long acoustic set there 2 weeks ago. If you're into records, hit up Third Man Records (Jack White's store) and Grimey's. and like someone else pointed out, try and do the Ryman tour and if it's nice outside, a walk around Centennial Park
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    I am at the Westin but now I'm thinking all the fun will be at the Peabody? There is no guarantee that you will get it for $115 through Priceline though right? Also, what is the story on the double beds there... Need something bigger... (w/ wife)...
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    If you are into concert posters Hatch Show Print has a little place by The Omni across from conve
    ponytd said:

Air23 said:

I am arranging my travel plans. Coming from Italy. I am thinking about spending two nights in Nashville (sun and mon) and two nights in Memphis (tue and wed). Would it be fine? Suggestions from locals are very welcome. I regret to miss the Grand Ole Opry since I cannot be in Nashville on Friday and Sunday, but it seems to be rather commercial, doesn't it?
    I plan to have the writers' night at the Bluebird on Sunday and the Time Jumpers at the 3rd & Lindsley on Monday in Nashville: is it a good choice?

Yeah, those are good bets. 3rd and Lindsley is a nice little place. For the BlueBird, make sure and get there somewhat early as it's first come first served on seating (for the free show that usually starts around 6pm but you can also call for reservations for some shows. usually the late show will have a cover, but not always). Plus, you never know who will show up. Dave Grohl showed up and played an hour long acoustic set there 2 weeks ago. If you're into records, hit up Third Man Records (Jack White's store) and Grimey's. and like someone else pointed out, try and do the Ryman tour and if it's nice outside, a walk around Centennial Park
    If you are into concert posters Hatch Show Print has a little place by The Omni across from convention center if you are downtown. I haven't been inside even though it's right by my parking spot for hockey. It looks like one of those things that might be fun to check out if you happen to be walking by but not cool enough to go out of you way to see. Not to jinx it but the weather should be awesome that time of year.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Just booked the Peabody through Priceline for name your own price for $115 like everyone else...that place is going to be backed with PJ fans(similar to the Pittsburgh show last year when a ton of us all got insane deals at the same hotel downtown). I will be coming in the night before the show and staying two nights. Hopefully there will be some good local shows/parties Monday night!
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313

We plan to arrive in Memphis on Monday....Hope we have a fan get together on Monday night at a bar etc...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I'm down with a Monday night spot. Let's pick a big place with good tunes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I got a room at the Holiday Inn next to the Peabody. I'm really looking forward to this.
  • Options

Lets set up a place to meet at on Monday night on Beale street...
  • Options
    Apparently Priceline is no longer taking deals on the Peabody rooms.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

what did they offer instead?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

what did they offer instead?
    No idea....prob the Westin or something similar. Someone on FB group posted it.
  • Options
    recently40recently40 Posts: 11
    I'm in! Got GA for Memphis - I'll be bringing my oldest son (he's 25), it's his first PJ show.

-mollie
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i figured that deal would be running out soon
  • Options

Count me in for some blues on Monday. I'm hoping the Peabody crew will want to meet at the hotel bar first because as a woman I'm a little wary of wandering around Memphis by myself at night.
  • Options
    jskowalljskowall Monongahela PA Posts: 5

I just now got a room on Priceline for $115 at The Peabody
    08.16.92 Pittsburgh PA
    09.22.12 Atlanta GA
    10.11.13 Pittsburgh PA
    10.14.14 Memphis TN
    04.16.16 Greenville SC
    04.21.16 Columbia SC

03.28.20 Baltimore MD
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    jms said:

If you are into concert posters Hatch Show Print has a little place by The Omni across from conve

ponytd said:

Air23 said:

If you are into concert posters Hatch Show Print has a little place by The Omni across from convention center if you are downtown. I haven't been inside even though it's right by my parking spot for hockey. It looks like one of those things that might be fun to check out if you happen to be walking by but not cool enough to go out of you way to see. Not to jinx it but the weather should be awesome that time of year.
    Many thanks
  • Options
    hikerjuleshikerjules South Bend, IN Posts: 19
    dogtown said:

Count me in for some blues on Monday. I'm hoping the Peabody crew will want to meet at the hotel bar first because as a woman I'm a little wary of wandering around Memphis by myself at night.
    My friend and I are staying at the Peabody (also women). We are arriving Sun night and staying till Thu. We are of the more "mature" age, but enjoy the finer things in life like good music, food and booze . You can wander around with us, if you would like.
    :)>-
  • Options
    jskowall said:

I just now got a room on Priceline for $115 at The Peabody
    Interesting.....good to know/
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lets pick bar to meet up on Monday night..

Here is a link of list of bars on Beale street....Lets vote on one for Monday night...

http://memphis.about.com/od/nightlife/a/beale.htm
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    Sucks, I wont be getting in until Tues morning. Staying until Thurs.
  • Options

You still got the wishlish party Tuesday before the show..I am sure there will be a lot of pj fans on beale street Tuesday...

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Lets pick bar to meet up on Monday night..

Here is a link of list of bars on Beale street....Lets vote on one for Monday night...

http://memphis.about.com/od/nightlife/a/beale.htm

Tap Room sounds cool...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options

You still got the wishlish party Tuesday before the show..I am sure there will be a lot of pj fans on beale street Tuesday...

Every place will be packed with PJ fans Tuesday. It's the only night I can stay so I'm going to make the most of it.,
  • Options
    jms said:

Every place will be packed with PJ fans Tuesday. It's the only night I can stay so I'm going to make the most of it.,
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    One fan recommended rum boogie cafe....Has over 300 guitars on the wall....One is a pearl jam guitar...Live music every night and its near Fed Ex Forum...

rumboogie.com
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options

My friend and I are staying at the Peabody (also women). We are arriving Sun night and staying till Thu. We are of the more "mature" age, but enjoy the finer things in life like good music, food and booze . You can wander around with us, if you would like.
    :)>-

Thanks! Look forward to meeting you!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

One fan recommended rum boogie cafe....Has over 300 guitars on the wall....One is a pearl jam guitar...Live music every night and its near Fed Ex Forum...

rumboogie.com

Yeah I saw that Link...Looks like an alright Place to go Grab a Few for whenever your in Memphis.