Options

Cincinnati 10/1/14

Comments

• Options
    If anyone can give me a ride to the show from dayton Ohio Id really appreciate it and pay you! Message me if possible
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JW44563 said:

Ten Club Box Office Opens: 3:00pm
    Door Time: 5:30pm
    PJ Set Time: 7:30pm
    Box Office Close: 8:30pm
    All times subject to change

What time does PJ usually take stage ?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798

JW44563 said:

Ten Club Box Office Opens: 3:00pm
    Door Time: 5:30pm
    PJ Set Time: 7:30pm
    Box Office Close: 8:30pm
    All times subject to change

What time does PJ usually take stage ?
    30 minutes past scheduled start time? Obviously you will want to be in prior to start time but like many bands they dont seem to start on time.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Last year they seemed to usually take the stage around 8:15-8:20
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Ever since we got that Pre-set opener by Mike at the Columbus '10 show...
    I've tried to make it into the venue shortly after the doors open!!
    You just NEVER know what's going to happen before the band takes the stage,
    AND I wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple of Pre-sets on this tour too!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Best thing about going to work this Monday ... knowing I'm off for the rest of the week, and my wife and I are packin' up the van, leaving for a Pearl Jam road trip to Cincinnati tomorrow! Safe travels everyone, see you at the show!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    spearhead said:

Best thing about going to work this Monday ... knowing I'm off for the rest of the week, and my wife and I are packin' up the van, leaving for a Pearl Jam road trip to Cincinnati tomorrow! Safe travels everyone, see you at the show!

Yes! This is definitely my favourite Monday this year!
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options

spearhead said:

Yes! This is definitely my favourite Monday this year!
    Absolutely!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Ever since we got that Pre-set opener by Mike at the Columbus '10 show...
    I've tried to make it into the venue shortly after the doors open!!
    You just NEVER know what's going to happen before the band takes the stage,
    AND I wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple of Pre-sets on this tour too!!

My very first show (Mansfield '08) Ed did a pre-opener (Throw your arms around me) and ever since then I always went in as early as possible. Then I started going in later because I never saw another and missed him doing the pre-opener in Milan before the showing of the world cup game. Now I'm back to getting in early.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    The day is almost here! Making the trek from Toronto. I'm hoping that 8 hour car ride goes by real fast! I'm predicting Release for an opener (or at least I hope it is!!)
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    It is going to be a gorgeous day here Wednesday, Sunny and in high 70's and into the high 50's at night. Cant wait for that first beer and first song, seen Eddie 3 times solo since the last time I have seen the band, way too long!!!
  • Options
    Thursday afternoon time to kill and was wondering from a local's perspective what might be suggested for activities. Have been to Cincinnati before but I am sure there are many cool things I have not see. Don't care to 'zoo' it and I plan on walking the bridge on Wednesday. Any old school neighborhoods to wander around, good restaurants, etc?

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited September 2014

Thursday afternoon time to kill and was wondering from a local's perspective what might be suggested for activities. Have been to Cincinnati before but I am sure there are many cool things I have not see. Don't care to 'zoo' it and I plan on walking the bridge on Wednesday. Any old school neighborhoods to wander around, good restaurants, etc?

We are not from Cincy and this will be only our 2nd trip, but I found this neighborhood and am planning on visiting there. Looks cool. Maybe some locals can comment.

http://3cdc.org/where-we-work/over-the-rhine/

It's called "Over the Rhine."
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

We are not from Cincy and this will be only our 2nd trip, but I found this neighborhood and am planning on visiting there. Looks cool. Maybe some locals can comment.

Over the Rhine is a great place to go for food and the afternoon. A couple of restaurants were just featured by Guy Fieri there, one was the Senate which is an awesome place for lunch. This part of Cincinnati is going through a renaissance, but I would not recommend walking there at night. For the night time I personally would be at the Banks, which is near the venue, I am to old for the clubs now and enjoy a more casual crowd (just turned 40!). If you are looking for good night life I would also recommend Mt. Adams which is just up the hill from downtown. Fun Bars and some good restaurants as well, the Pavilion is one of my favorites up there.

I hope this helps some.
  • Options
    WhoDey said:

Over the Rhine is a great place to go for food and the afternoon. A couple of restaurants were just featured by Guy Fieri there, one was the Senate which is an awesome place for lunch. This part of Cincinnati is going through a renaissance, but I would not recommend walking there at night. For the night time I personally would be at the Banks, which is near the venue, I am to old for the clubs now and enjoy a more casual crowd (just turned 40!). If you are looking for good night life I would also recommend Mt. Adams which is just up the hill from downtown. Fun Bars and some good restaurants as well, the Pavilion is one of my favorites up there.

I hope this helps some.
    No walking around at night huh? My husband and I love pizza and I thought we would eat at Talvan or The Talvan on Tuesday evening. You don't recommend that? We won't be driving. Was planning on taking the shuttle as far as we could, then walking the rest of the way. Any other pizza places you would recommend?
  • Options
    We won't be out late - we are old - older than you. You're just a pup at 40. :) Probably a beer or two and some pizza.
  • Options
    I believe you are talking about A Tavola, correct? It is great pizza, I would be on the walk out by 7:30 though. I am not trying to scare anyone, would just hate to recommend something in OTR and someone get hurt there. Uber and Lyft are also great options for getting around the city other than a taxi. If you want to stay there later, use the uber app to request a ride and normally they are there within 10-15 minutes. That way you dont have to worry about walking.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks Over The Rhine sounds cool enough, will look at that.
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone that has provided info and insight to getting around the city. One of the best things about PJ shows is visiting other cities and having local fans spend their time on helping us visitors have a good time. (awkward sentence but I'm in a rush today). Hopefully you know what I mean. Thanks.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Anyone be able to get me a Sticker and Pin? PM me. Thanks.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    derbydave said:

Only 2 days for me...and after Tuesday,
    I'm off work until October 20th!
    Don't go back until the Monday after the Moline show...
    It's gonna be a GREAT October!!
    :D

Wow Dave I need your job!!! Have fun!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 676
    Mainstrause in Covington Ky is a neat little street of bars and pizza joints. Newport on the levee which is walking distance from the Beer Seller is s pretty cool place to hang out also. Both are in NKY.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    Has anyone been to a concert there in the last year or so and know what the beer policy and prices are? Last concert I was there was Pearl Jam in 2006 and I don't remember the prices.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 said:

Has anyone been to a concert there in the last year or so and know what the beer policy and prices are? Last concert I was there was Pearl Jam in 2006 and I don't remember the prices.

I was at the crosstown shootout there the past 2 years and if I believe they were around $6.00 for draught. I can't believe I don't know the exact price because I bought enough of them!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    WhoDey said:

know1 said:

I was at the crosstown shootout there the past 2 years and if I believe they were around $6.00 for draught. I can't believe I don't know the exact price because I bought enough of them!
    That's not bad. Is there any sort of wristband policy or limit in place or do you just walk up and buy?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 said:

WhoDey said:

know1 said:

That's not bad. Is there any sort of wristband policy or limit in place or do you just walk up and buy?
    Walk up and buy.