Options

Cincinnati 10/1/14

Comments

• Options
    krodgers8krodgers8 Pittsburgh/Toledo Posts: 24
    know1 said:

Has anyone been to a concert there in the last year or so and know what the beer policy and prices are? Last concert I was there was Pearl Jam in 2006 and I don't remember the prices.

I was in Pittsburgh, Philly and Charlottesville last year, and seem to remember beers being at least $7.50 or $8. Can't imagine Cincy would be any less compared to those markets?
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    WhoDey said:

know1 said:

Has anyone been to a concert there in the last year or so and know what the beer policy and prices are? Last concert I was there was Pearl Jam in 2006 and I don't remember the prices.

I was at the crosstown shootout there the past 2 years and if I believe they were around $6.00 for draught. I can't believe I don't know the exact price because I bought enough of them!
    WhoDey - THATS why you cant remember! @-)
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    I've got ten club GA tix... is there a separate pit for the 10C tickets vs the rest of GA? (Sort of like how they do it at Springsteen where GA is divided into two parts...) Trying to figure out my arrival time.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    krodgers8 said:

know1 said:

I was in Pittsburgh, Philly and Charlottesville last year, and seem to remember beers being at least $7.50 or $8. Can't imagine Cincy would be any less compared to those markets?
    My guess is price is venue specific. Also, Charlottesville had a limit on number of beers and you had to get a wristband.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    know1 said:

krodgers8 said:

know1 said:

My guess is price is venue specific. Also, Charlottesville had a limit on number of beers and you had to get a wristband.
    True, I never actually left my seat in Charlottesville, but I remember my girlfriend coming back with beers and muttering something about having difficulty getting them. (It was mid-song so I didn't try for the details - plus I still got a beer!)
  • Options
    RD133863 said:

I've got ten club GA tix... is there a separate pit for the 10C tickets vs the rest of GA? (Sort of like how they do it at Springsteen where GA is divided into two parts...) Trying to figure out my arrival time.

Well, maybe I've answered my own question. Looking at the tour announcement email from May it says:
    There will be a GA pit in front of the stage at each venue taking up 1/3 -1/2 of the floor. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for fan club members only; therefore there will not be a need for early entry.
    So it sounds like you only need to be concerned with the line if you really want to be in one of the first several rows off the front rail; otherwise there should be lots of room in the pit. This consistent with what people have seen at other recent PJ shows?
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    I have some photos from Pittsburgh show (10-13-2013) from a year ago from my Reserved seat. You can see the GA floor area in some of them. I have a pair a fan club reserved seats for the Cinci show. Are all the reserved seats always in lower bowl sections near the stage?

Here are the pics (and 2 videos) from Pittsburgh 2013...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv7s6e2hlevxp5k/AABfLZdqSHICOM696N1TpE4pa?dl=0
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    RD133863 said:

RD133863 said:

Well, maybe I've answered my own question. Looking at the tour announcement email from May it says:
    There will be a GA pit in front of the stage at each venue taking up 1/3 -1/2 of the floor. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for fan club members only; therefore there will not be a need for early entry.
    So it sounds like you only need to be concerned with the line if you really want to be in one of the first several rows off the front rail; otherwise there should be lots of room in the pit. This consistent with what people have seen at other recent PJ shows?

From what I've heard/seen, yes. If you want along the rail or the first few "rows" in the middle, wait in line for a while. If you enter when doors open, you'll still have a great view. If you enter by 8pm, you should still have a fantastic view.

Some shows last year still had rail (along the far side of the stage) even as the show was starting.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I have an extra ticket side stage Sec 125 Row V
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    hey guys and gals,

My fiance and I (getting married Saturday October 1st :) )will be attending the show in Cincinnati as well as the show in Memphis. This will be our first Pearl Jam concert and we have been looking for tickets over the last month...of course they are outrageous if you want a decent seat. We would love to buy someones extra ten club tickets to either or both shows. we will be at the arena around 1:00 at Cincinnati in hopes of getting two tickets. of course like everyone else we would love general admission tickets but would be totally fine with reserved seating as well. We would gladly buy someone lunch or a poster or t-shirt for helping us out. please dm me if you have extra tickets. you can also email me at sean.linville@berea.kyschools.us

***short side story:
    During the 2006 tour, i was working security at US BANK in Cincinnati when i had an opportunity to meet Eddie before the show. He took a picture with me and was so friendly, he even came back minutes later and tapped me on the shoulder and gave me two of his guitar picks with his initials on them. we talked for several minutes about the bands influence on my life. I have told that story a million times. if you youtube "pearl jam cincinnati crazy mary" you can see eddie hand me his bottle of wine to "pass around" amongst the crowd
    cheers
    sean
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    krodgers8 said:

know1 said:

one hitter...won't make you have to piss all the time either

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    Hey locals, I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express off of Riviera Dr. It is 0.7 miles from the Beer Sellar. This safe to walk home to? Safe to walk back from the bar after the show?
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 676
    ^^^
    Yea, you don't have nothing to worrying about. The cities pretty safe, just be careful in the OTR area.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    What is OTR?
  • Options
    Over The Rhine, got it :)
  • Options
    Over the Rhine, part of the city which used to be "gettho" but within recent years they've cleaned it up a lot.

There's a lot of bars, fine dining, diners, shopping, new apartments & condominiums. Washington Park located there. It's just better to be with a few people. Just my opinion.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    Anyone know what time everyone's meeting up at the Beer Seller? I'm not on Facebook. Thanks!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    RPR77RPR77 Posts: 112
    I drove my 600 miles from the burbs of Philly today hanging out on the family farm just across the border in Indiana. Drinking some beer and homemade wine getting ready for Wednesday. My parents are from this area and it's nice to have some where to crash for free.
    6-19-08 Camden I 8-17-08 EV DC II 10-27-09 Philly Night I row 5 10-28-09 Philly Night II row 6 Dead center,10-30-09 Philly Night III section 202, 10-31-09 Philly Night IV section 310, 10-21-13 Philly I PIT, 10-22-13 Philly II PIT
    First song I heard live Hard to Imagine.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for playing Man of the Hour Philly 13 Night 1, I lost my Uncle that morning and it helped me, Cincy 10-01-14 PIT
  • Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    48 hours
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    Can anyone define in line for "a while"? Do people start in line for GA when the Box Office Opens (3 pm?) Earlier?

Thanks - very much looking forward to wed night.

"From what I've heard/seen, yes. If you want along the rail or the first few "rows" in the middle, wait in line for a while. If you enter when doors open, you'll still have a great view. If you enter by 8pm, you should still have a fantastic view.

Some shows last year still had rail (along the far side of the stage) even as the show was starting."
  • Options
    dugangsxr said:

Anyone know what time everyone's meeting up at the Beer Seller? I'm not on Facebook. Thanks!

The page says starting at 1pm. I have no idea what time it'll actually end.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    looking for two to cincy....i can be there as early as needed to stand in line. would also buy someones lunch or a shirt or poster if you can help us out. dm me or email at sean.linville@berea.kyschools.us or call 859-200-2139
    thanks
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Tickets still available on TM. Just pulled up sec 222 row j. Not the greatest but hey, you're in the building.
  • Options
    thanks man....tm will be our last resort but like you said...at least we will be in the building
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
  • Options
    Hoping to find someone who has an extra GA ticket for Cincy. Heading down with some friends who already have GA tickets. Would love to get in with them.

I can pay for the ticket through PayPal immediately if you'd like.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    photo 1_zps4683261e.jpg
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    Bags packed, done work today at 3 and hitting the road after that. Its like Xmas in Rocktober :D
    Dave have a great tour (vacation)!!!! Can't wait to see you all in Cincy
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Leaving from NJ at 4 am Wed Morning with BadBrains as my Co-Pilot. Not much sleep last night as I ramp up for the adventure. See you all there!

Andrew
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    BLACK35 said:

Bags packed, done work today at 3 and hitting the road after that. Its like Xmas in Rocktober :D
    Dave have a great tour (vacation)!!!! Can't wait to see you all in Cincy

You too my friend...
    Safe Travels to EVERYONE hitting the road in the coming weeks!!!
    It's gonna be a GREAT TOUR!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    The buzz is in the air. See u all tomorrow. Yeeeehaaaaa!!!