Options

Cincinnati 10/1/14

Comments

• Options
    Does anybody have 2 lowers they are willing to sell?? You can email me at aweisman10@yahoo.com! Thanks guys.
  • Options
    JW44563JW44563 Cincinnati Posts: 39
    derbydave said:

Dylster said:

Just booked a hotel. Stoked! How early should folks like us GA ticket holders line up? (dons fireproof suit, thinking that's the dumbest question ever)

Not a dumb question!!
    Unless you are trying for the rail...
    don't worry about waiting in the GA line!!
    Last year in Pittsburgh, we waited until just before the doors opened and ended up about 5 rows back between Mike & Ed...and could've had 2nd row on Stone's side!!
    Hope you have a GREAT time & I'll see you in the pit in CINCINNATI in just a few days!!!
    :D
    Good deal. Know what time the doors will open? Any info on what the guys will be doing leading up go the show? I heard they are coming in a few days early to get some practice in. I work a couple blocks from the arena so i plan on walking around there and elsewhere downtown hoping to run into them! Have fun at the show everyone!
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '03 Lexington, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • Options
    So is the area between Newport on the Levee and the area around the arena safe to walk late at night?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    rasta13rasta13 Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    I have one cincy GA pit ticket available for sale. $75

email me at rasta13@hotmail.com
  • Options

So is the area between Newport on the Levee and the area around the arena safe to walk late at night?

Yeah - for the most part, it is just the bridge between the two. You can get to good bars on either side that are within a block or so from each end of the bridge (taylor-southgate bridge). Bars in Ky are east of the bridge end on newport levee. Bars in OH are west of the bridge end on the other side of the Reds stadium, which is right by the arena - the Banks. I suggest Moerlein Lager House or Yardhouse, which is just a block further west.
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • Options
    Also, i havent been there, but Jefferson Social, between Moerlein and Yardhouse looks cool. On the levee on KY side, there is Jefferson Hall, Bar Louie, and some other bar that the name escapes me. Cheers!
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • Options
    JW44563 said:

Yeah - for the most part, it is just the bridge between the two. You can get to good bars on either side that are within a block or so from each end of the bridge (taylor-southgate bridge). Bars in Ky are east of the bridge end on newport levee. Bars in OH are west of the bridge end on the other side of the Reds stadium, which is right by the arena - the Banks. I suggest Moerlein Lager House or Yardhouse, which is just a block further west.
    Thanks so much. Looking forward to hanging out in that area on Tuesday night.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Im looking for 2 tickets for the Cincy show. Any help would be appreciated!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    etsixetsix Atlanta, GA Posts: 25
    Looking for a single ticket to Cinci show. It's a long day trip for me so I would love to have great seats instead of some craigslist nosebleed cheap seats. If anyone has some good ones please message me here or email at etsix18@gmail.com
  • Options
    etsix said:

Looking for a single ticket to Cinci show. It's a long day trip for me so I would love to have great seats instead of some craigslist nosebleed cheap seats. If anyone has some good ones please message me here or email at etsix18@gmail.com

Did you see the post above by Rasta?

• Options
    etsixetsix Atlanta, GA Posts: 25
    Yea I was already the third responder :/ still on the hunt!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    So watching tv last night at 9 and all I could think of was 1 week from now I would be sitting in Cincy and watching my fav band instead of the crap I was watching on tv lol. Less than 1 week now boys and girls \m/
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

We stayed in Newport for the 2006 show and walked across the bridge to and from the show. It was awesome being able to walk to the concert. No hassles. You could have a good buzz and not worry about driving. :)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

We stayed in Newport for the 2006 show and walked across the bridge to and from the show. It was awesome being able to walk to the concert. No hassles. You could have a good buzz and not worry about driving. :)
    Thanks for the info. We were there also in 2006 but we took the "party barge" to and from the show. We didn't walk across the bridge at night. We will arrive Tuesday afternoon some time, plan on checking in the hotel, and then I would like to go the pizza place, Talvan (internet description sounds good), and then hit a bar or two on the banks - not stay out too late. Need my rest for the next day/night.

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    rasta13 said:

I have one cincy GA pit ticket available for sale. $75

email me at rasta13@hotmail.com

I've emailed and messaged you....do you still have the ticket???
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    edited September 2014

lolobugg said:

Thanks for the info. We were there also in 2006 but we took the "party barge" to and from the show. We didn't walk across the bridge at night. We will arrive Tuesday afternoon some time, plan on checking in the hotel, and then I would like to go the pizza place, Talvan (internet description sounds good), and then hit a bar or two on the banks - not stay out too late. Need my rest for the next day/night.

Look forward to seeing you at the Banks. There are a lot of good bars there, I recommend the Moerlein Lager House, where I plan on starting, then walking to some of the others like the Yard House and Holy Grail.
    Post edited by WhoDey on
  • Options

Look forward to seeing you at the Banks. There are a lot of good bars there, I recommend the Moerlein Lager House, where I plan on starting, then walking to some of the others like the Yard House and Holy Grail.

Thanks. I will add Moerlein to my list. I already had Yard House and Holy Grail on it. I hope to meet some of you this trip. This is the only show at which we won't be meeting up with established PJ friends, so looking forward to meeting some new peeps. I will try to remember to wear a PJ shirt Tuesday night. My husband stands out in a crowd. He is 6' 4.5" and over 200 lbs. AND he shaves his head. He is hard to miss, although it is amusing that there seem to be more tall, big, bald, male Pearl Jam fans than in the general population. I can't count the times I have walked up behind or beside some guy (not paying close attention in a crowd) and put my arm on his arm or back and then realized it wasn't my husband.

:\"> :\">
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

Thanks. I will add Moerlein to my list. I already had Yard House and Holy Grail on it. I hope to meet some of you this trip. This is the only show at which we won't be meeting up with established PJ friends, so looking forward to meeting some new peeps. I will try to remember to wear a PJ shirt Tuesday night. My husband stands out in a crowd. He is 6' 4.5" and over 200 lbs. AND he shaves his head. He is hard to miss, although it is amusing that there seem to be more tall, big, bald, male Pearl Jam fans than in the general population. I can't count the times I have walked up behind or beside some guy (not paying close attention in a crowd) and put my arm on his arm or back and then realized it wasn't my husband.

:))
    hope to see some of you guys down there too!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I will be rocking my black "Team McCready" shirt Wednesday afternoon. Cant wait to see you all and hope you have a great time in our great city!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    still have 2 cheap TM tix for the show...gets you in there!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone know what row section 120-121 might start at? Both TM and the box office have been useless. Box office just says Rows run A-W, but I`m assuming there are going to be some rows that are not open at the very bottom, just no idea how many.
  • Options
    krodgers8krodgers8 Pittsburgh/Toledo Posts: 24
    Dylster said:

derbydave said:

Dylster said:

Just booked a hotel. Stoked! How early should folks like us GA ticket holders line up? (dons fireproof suit, thinking that's the dumbest question ever)

Not a dumb question!!
    Last year in Pittsburgh, we waited until just before the doors opened and ended up about 5 rows back between Mike & Ed...and could've had 2nd row on Stone's side!!
    Hope you have a GREAT time & I'll see you in the pit in CINCINNATI in just a few days!!!
    Thanks, man. Appreciate the good news. See you there!
    I'm confused... This is my first time with 10c tickets but I was under the impression there was no advantage to waiting in line for your tickets? Aren't they all more or less 'assigned' as to where you are and you find out upon picking them up? OR is there some sort of advantage to arriving early?

Sorry for the noobish question! Thanks in advance for any help!
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    krodgers8 said:

Dylster said:

derbydave said:

Dylster said:

Not a dumb question!!
    I'm confused... This is my first time with 10c tickets but I was under the impression there was no advantage to waiting in line for your tickets? Aren't they all more or less 'assigned' as to where you are and you find out upon picking them up? OR is there some sort of advantage to arriving early?

If you got General Admission tickets, you can wait in line to get in the door sooner and on the floor. If you did not get GA tickets, your seats will be prioritized based on seniority.
  • Options
    WhoDey said:

krodgers8 said:

Dylster said:

derbydave said:

Dylster said:

Not a dumb question!!

If you got General Admission tickets, you can wait in line to get in the door sooner and on the floor. If you did not get GA tickets, your seats will be prioritized based on seniority.
    OK... so I DID get GA standing tickets... theoretically *if I wanted to be as close as possible* should I be there at 2pm to get my tickets? But then what time to doors open? I assume it doesn't matter if I'm there at 2 to pickup tickets since I imagine there is a separate line for the door?

Thanks again for the help and sorry for all the questions!
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    It all depends on how they do it. Some events in the past, they gave out wristbands for positions. So you could get there at 0800 and be the first in line and get a wrist band to hold your position. You do not see GA at this venue very often due to The Who tragedy in the 1970's, so I imagine it will be tightly monitored and controlled.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info... decisions, decisions... to arrive super early or not?

What is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    WhoDey said:

It all depends on how they do it. Some events in the past, they gave out wristbands for positions. So you could get there at 0800 and be the first in line and get a wrist band to hold your position. You do not see GA at this venue very often due to The Who tragedy in the 1970's, so I imagine it will be tightly monitored and controlled.

After the fiasco that was last tour and the first part of the Euro tour on people claiming line spots I would be pretty surprised if they did anything other than....if you are in line, you are in line. If you are not, you are not. Lots of people (and lots of threads) very put out by people seemingly abusing the system.

Depends how important it is to be in the first few rows. If you will be pumped to be 10-15 deep I would just line up whenever you feel like it before they open the doors.

I have Reserved and am just crossing my fingers I dont get floor seats. Pretty much anywhere but floor seats where I can see the stage and I will be a happy man.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved