Options

Cincinnati 10/1/14

Comments

• Options
    krodgers8krodgers8 Pittsburgh/Toledo Posts: 24
    WOW really!? 10-15 deep would be a dream!! So like... an hour before doors should be fine?
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited September 2014
    krodgers8 said:

WOW really!? 10-15 deep would be a dream!! So like... an hour before doors should be fine?

I would say an hour before should get you a good spot. People were saying last US tour they showed up when the doors opened and still got good spots; that's my plan.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    krodgers8 said:

the only place where it is going to be a problem is Memphis.. i hear they got this list thing.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/234592/the-official-ga-list-for-memphis-10-14-14#latest

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    LOL... loving all the comments regarding 'the list' in that thread!
    10/30/09 - Philly 5/6/10 - Columbus 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh 10/22/13 - Philly 10/29/13 - Charlottesville 10/1/14 - Cincinnati 10/16/14 - Detroit
  • Options
    krodgers8 said:

LOL... loving all the comments regarding 'the list' in that thread!

:)) the best thread going... thought i would share it
    hours of laughs

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    krodgers8 said:

Thanks for the info... decisions, decisions... to arrive super early or not?

What is everyone else doing?

Coming early, hanging out and meeting a lot of great people!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

WhoDey said:

It all depends on how they do it. Some events in the past, they gave out wristbands for positions. So you could get there at 0800 and be the first in line and get a wrist band to hold your position. You do not see GA at this venue very often due to The Who tragedy in the 1970's, so I imagine it will be tightly monitored and controlled.

After the fiasco that was last tour and the first part of the Euro tour on people claiming line spots I would be pretty surprised if they did anything other than....if you are in line, you are in line. If you are not, you are not. Lots of people (and lots of threads) very put out by people seemingly abusing the system.

Depends how important it is to be in the first few rows. If you will be pumped to be 10-15 deep I would just line up whenever you feel like it before they open the doors.

I have Reserved and am just crossing my fingers I dont get floor seats. Pretty much anywhere but floor seats where I can see the stage and I will be a happy man.
    I thought you were running GA with us!
  • Options
    heathhawkinsheathhawkins Louisville, KY Posts: 7
    Anybody get an email regarding ticket pick-up instructions yet?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    I haven't yet
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Booked a hotel last night - "Hotel Millennium" apparently only half a mile from the venue! :-bd I've also read that here that we should be very close to a bunch of bars in the area. I've seen 'Moerlein Lager House' mentioned, 'Yardhouse', to name a few. Will you guys be at these places on the day OF the show? Or the night before? I plan on getting to Cincy the day of but should be relatively early so looking to start the party early as well! Recommendations?
  • Options
    krodgers8 said:

Booked a hotel last night - "Hotel Millennium" apparently only half a mile from the venue! :-bd I've also read that here that we should be very close to a bunch of bars in the area. I've seen 'Moerlein Lager House' mentioned, 'Yardhouse', to name a few. Will you guys be at these places on the day OF the show? Or the night before? I plan on getting to Cincy the day of but should be relatively early so looking to start the party early as well! Recommendations?

The pre-party will be held at the Beer Seller across the river - very easy to get to as there is a pedestrian bridge right there. It is a great place for the party. We were there in 2006 - outdoor patio overlooks the river.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    krodgers8 said:

I will be at Moerlein Lager House around 4:00 or so and travel from there to some of the other pubs. Maybe we can arrange for a group to meet at the upstairs bar there and pub crawl from there.
  • Options

krodgers8 said:

The pre-party will be held at the Beer Seller across the river - very easy to get to as there is a pedestrian bridge right there. It is a great place for the party. We were there in 2006 - outdoor patio overlooks the river.

Sounds great! I just googled the walking directions and you're right, couldn't be easier. I'll see you all there!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Weekend to do list;

-oil change
    -new tires
    -make sure dog sitter didn't bail
    -wash my clothes
    -clean cooler

Yes this is in order of importance :D
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Weekend to do list;

-new tires

:D

on my list too!!!
    can't have a blowout on the way to Cinci

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Talk about artsy-fartsy! Can't wait to see everyone in Cincy in five days. Down to one hand counting! <:-P
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    deadendp said:

WhoDey said:

It all depends on how they do it. Some events in the past, they gave out wristbands for positions. So you could get there at 0800 and be the first in line and get a wrist band to hold your position. You do not see GA at this venue very often due to The Who tragedy in the 1970's, so I imagine it will be tightly monitored and controlled.

After the fiasco that was last tour and the first part of the Euro tour on people claiming line spots I would be pretty surprised if they did anything other than....if you are in line, you are in line. If you are not, you are not. Lots of people (and lots of threads) very put out by people seemingly abusing the system.

Depends how important it is to be in the first few rows. If you will be pumped to be 10-15 deep I would just line up whenever you feel like it before they open the doors.

I have Reserved and am just crossing my fingers I dont get floor seats. Pretty much anywhere but floor seats where I can see the stage and I will be a happy man.
    I thought you were running GA with us!
    Figured my odds were better to get Reserved in the lotto and since this is the only show I am seeing this tour I wanted to maximize those odds. Really I am happy anywhere inside the building.
    (But please dont be on the floor in the back!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

Wow! I loved Johnny Bench when I was a little girl.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Figured my odds were better to get Reserved in the lotto and since this is the only show I am seeing this tour I wanted to maximize those odds. Really I am happy anywhere inside the building.
    (But please dont be on the floor in the back!)

We put in for both and got GA. I'm with you. Anywhere in the building is great. See you there! :)

• Options
    JW44563JW44563 Cincinnati Posts: 39
    Ten Club Box Office Opens: 3:00pm
    Door Time: 5:30pm
    PJ Set Time: 7:30pm
    Box Office Close: 8:30pm
    All times subject to change
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '03 Lexington, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Two outdoor merch areas? <:-P
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    Where is the best place to park at the US Bank Arena? When I was there in 2006 I got there late and parked on 2nd Street East under the freeway ramp and we walked across the pedestrian bridge (that will be closed) over Pete Rose Way. Traffic will probably be crazy around there at 5:00pm. I am debating how early to get there. I have reserved seats.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    cifrancgx said:

Where is the best place to park at the US Bank Arena? When I was there in 2006 I got there late and parked on 2nd Street East under the freeway ramp and we walked across the pedestrian bridge (that will be closed) over Pete Rose Way. Traffic will probably be crazy around there at 5:00pm. I am debating how early to get there. I have reserved seats.

There are plenty of lots on Pete Rose Way. I'm aiming to be down there by 4.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options

krodgers8 said:

There's also a water taxi between the Beer Sellar and the arena. I've heard that there will be a wristband for unlimited water taxi rides that shouldn't cost more than $10.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited September 2014
    cifrancgx said:

I've heard that Beer Sellar has free parking, either right there or very, very close by.

Are you staying nearby? I'd almost just park at the hotel and either take a taxi, bus or maybe the hotel has a shuttle or knows of an option. No need to pay to park and then worry about driving home...of course, a taxi or bus after the show might be another story entirely...
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350

cifrancgx said:

I've heard that Beer Sellar has free parking, either right there or very, very close by.

Are you staying nearby? I'd almost just park at the hotel and either take a taxi, bus or maybe the hotel has a shuttle or knows of an option. No need to pay to park and then worry about driving home...of course, a taxi or bus after the show might be another story entirely...
    No I was planning on just driving down from Columbus (west side) and heading right to the Arena.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)