Every day is Earth Day. Let's talk about ways to make it better.

18910111214»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 7,263
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Canada aims to ban single-use plastics by 2021

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the ban will likely include plastic bags, straws, cutlery, plates, and stir sticks.

If it’s not a complete ban of ALL single use plastic then any ban is pointless.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,513
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the ban will likely include plastic bags, straws, cutlery, plates, and stir sticks.

Spoken like a true curmudgeon!  :lol:

"Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Noy at all.  This Clown declared a climate emergency in Parliament.  The bnext day he approved a 9.5 billion (tax $$$) pilepiline that is very controversial.  A week later, he committed 270 million (tax $$$) to invest in an LNG facility.  Trudeau and BC are leftest paradises...so please explain how much the left is doing?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Noy at all.  This Clown declared a climate emergency in Parliament.  The bnext day he approved a 9.5 billion (tax $$$) pilepiline that is very controversial.  A week later, he committed 270 million (tax $$$) to invest in an LNG facility.  Trudeau and BC are leftest paradises...so please explain how much the left is doing?
    Well, for starters. They seem to be banning a hell of a lot of single-use plastics.

Hopefully Sweden and the rest of Europe follows. And who knows, maybe the US after Trumps second term.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Well, for starters. They seem to be banning a hell of a lot of single-use plastics.

Hopefully Sweden and the rest of Europe follows. And who knows, maybe the US after Trumps second term.
    Yes, and I think it's a good start.  More is needed, that's for sure, but I'm glad to see things moving that way.  I hope we start to move away from plastic even faster.
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Yes, and I think it's a good start.  More is needed, that's for sure, but I'm glad to see things moving that way.  I hope we start to move away from plastic even faster.
    Then ban all plastic, as soon as possible?  What's the problem with that?  
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

And nothing has been banned yet.  We have an election in October and if the Conservatives are neck and neck with the liberals.  Conservatives win, they'll have their own platform and agenda...
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

Then ban all plastic, as soon as possible?  What's the problem with that?  

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Go Canada!

And nothing has been banned yet.  We have an election in October and if the Conservatives are neck and neck with the liberals.  Conservatives win, they'll have their own platform and agenda...
    Sadly, bureaucracy is like molasses in January.
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.