Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,653
    edited December 2023
    I miss having a kegorator.  Don't drink enough beer to have one, now.

Went to the Christmas Village this evening with the family.  Not nearly as crowded as when we go on weekends, much better.  Always like that spot.
    Was going to go to the one in FDR Park this year but they rip you all around for pricing.  Anyone checked that place out?

Have been to Xmas village a couple times this year, including this last Saturday which was a terrible decision. They do a good job these days.

Heard good things about FDR Tinseltown but the cost is ridiculous. 

Shadybrook is our spot for light shows and such 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,657

Went to the Christmas Village this evening with the family.  Not nearly as crowded as when we go on weekends, much better.  Always like that spot.
    Was going to go to the one in FDR Park this year but they rip you all around for pricing.  Anyone checked that place out?

Have been to Xmas village a couple times this year, including this last Saturday which was a terrible decision. They do a good job these days.

Bah humbug…..but I don’t have kids.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798

My wife wanted to go Friday and I am so glad we went tonight.  Different experience when mobbed. 
    Yeah, we were set to go until we pulled up the pricing for FDR.  We just did an Eagles ticketholder event at Penns Landing and everything was free.  The idea of paying a shitton for much of the same stuff as those other two places didn't add up.  (But, it does look like good family fun.)

Haven't checked Shadybrook - will look that up.

Yeah, Wob, it is mostly for the kid, although we enjoy it also.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

My wife wanted to go Friday and I am so glad we went tonight.  Different experience when mobbed. 
    Yeah, we were set to go until we pulled up the pricing for FDR.  We just did an Eagles ticketholder event at Penns Landing and everything was free.  The idea of paying a shitton for much of the same stuff as those other two places didn't add up.  (But, it does look like good family fun.)

I love the winterfest at Penns landing. We have a tradition of skating and hanging out there every Black Friday (or Saturday) and usually go back once or twice over the winter. Having our daughter’s bday in February there though. 

Shadybrook is also expensive these days, but also a tradition we’ve been doing for years. It’s become a much bigger set up too 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:
    I am pleased to announce Tired Hands now sells sixtels of their beers. Apparently they've been doing this for about six months now. Picked  up Alien Church for the ol' kegerator this afternoon. Giddy the fuck up. 
    had to google a “sixtel.” good little size….(55) 12 oz beers, but I’m sure our juggler drinks pints, like a real man. if I may ask, what’s a sixtel of good beer cost?
    $130 for this one. Feel like most others are closer to $100. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Bah humbug…..but I don’t have kids.
    Nor do I but we take our nephews to that Shadybrook place too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798

I love the winterfest at Penns landing. We have a tradition of skating and hanging out there every Black Friday (or Saturday) and usually go back once or twice over the winter. Having our daughter’s bday in February there though. 

Shadybrook is also expensive these days, but also a tradition we’ve been doing for years. It’s become a much bigger set up too 
    We were told this is last year for the Penns Landing one.  Developers are taking over.
    Enjoy it while it's still there!
  • Options

We were told this is last year for the Penns Landing one.  Developers are taking over.
    Enjoy it while it's still there!
    Yeah the 95 capping and park project. Not sure I realized this was the last year though. Am sure there will be something similar when it’s all done, which will probably be a decade from now 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:
    I am pleased to announce Tired Hands now sells sixtels of their beers. Apparently they've been doing this for about six months now. Picked  up Alien Church for the ol' kegerator this afternoon. Giddy the fuck up. 
    had to google a “sixtel.” good little size….(55) 12 oz beers, but I’m sure our juggler drinks pints, like a real man. if I may ask, what’s a sixtel of good beer cost?
    I could put this in your You Are Old thread, but I remember when we could get full on kegs (of shit beer) at the grocery store for $39 :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    I could put this in your You Are Old thread, but I remember when we could get full on kegs (of shit beer) at the grocery store for $39 :lol:
    so, at that rate, a sixtel would be 13 bucks!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Back in the late 90's (god bless 'em) I feel like Natty Light 1/2 kegs (that's probably what you mean by full) were about 60 bucks maybe? Could've been less-- I was hammered back then and don't remember much. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,733
    A sixtel is 1/3 of a half keg or 1/6 of a half keg?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    A sixth of a full keg.
    Here is a handy chart. Honestly, I had no idea what a sixtel was until I got the kegerator and only wanted to have it stocked with quality beer

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Damn, that is an assortment.  I only knew of a keg and a pony keg.  

• Options
    We payed $50 or so for a keg of light beer back in the day.
  • Options
    I just remember the old Yuengling kegs were rounded and had no handles. Basically impossible to pick up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    That would made grabbing the kegs from parties, late, much tougher.
    Who knows how many times we carried back a keg with little left to finish at the house and then used the keg for the deposit next time.
    College daze

• Options
    That would made grabbing the kegs from parties, late, much tougher.
    Who knows how many times we carried back a keg with little left to finish at the house and then used the keg for the deposit next time.
    College daze

yep….and they’d give you the pumper thing and you’d pray you wouldn’t get 10x foam per actual beer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hey, philly guys….who is the number one most revered guy in philly sports history?

or break it down by sport, if you must. I might be able to guess basketball (or not) but there seem to be many candidates in baseball and football.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    hey, philly guys….who is the number one most revered guy in philly sports history?

or break it down by sport, if you must. I might be able to guess basketball (or not) but there seem to be many candidates in baseball and football.
    Randy Ready.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,229
    Wobbie said:

Randy Ready.
    wow there's a phillies player that I haven't heard of in years.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Randy Ready.
    Steve Jeltz

• Options
    Any concrete info about Pearl jam in Philly? I can’t dig through that thread 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    Any concrete info about Pearl jam in Philly? I can’t dig through that thread 
    Rumor is Sept. 7 & 9 at The Center. 

Announcement Feb. 13.

Go to Page 1(OP) of the thread  for more. 
  • Options
    Hoskins to Milwaukee. I liked him, hope he does well there.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Hoskins to Milwaukee. I liked him, hope he does well there.
    Me too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    I liked him too. I think everybody did. Author of my favorite moments in Phillies history..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvi9xqPd3SU&pp=ygUWcmh5cyBob3NraW5zIGJhdCBzcGlrZQ%3D%3D
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Just read about it. It looks dumb enough to be real.

• Options
    New Pearl Jam music on the horizon, eh gents?

Also--Nike has ruined jerseys across all sports. They should go back to mostly just sneakers. Horrid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg