Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    mfc2006 said:
    Crazy game. Good win by Philly. JV should have been pulled earlier.
    this. shoulda been pulled after four.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    better, but you forgot the string trimmer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    missed opportunity tonight but good to steal one when your two aces weren’t great.  Gotta think both of them are better next time out.  Get the next one 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473

Nice 👍 I’d chill there no problem! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,268
    last night kinda sucked, but at least we got the split. Next three games at home, place is gonna be rockin'! Hoping to  win at least 2 out of the 3 games and definitely the next game would be huge if we won that.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    How concerned are you guys about Wheeler? I mean, of course we'll have clinched and be talking about parade plans by next weekend, but in the unlikely event it goes back to that hell hole of a stadium...threat level? Midnight?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How concerned are you guys about Wheeler? I mean, of course we'll have clinched and be talking about parade plans by next weekend, but in the unlikely event it goes back to that hell hole of a stadium...threat level? Midnight?
    not worried about Wheeler.   He wasn't sharp last night but after the 1st was solid before the last home run.  the run on the error was a killer.  get out of the 1st 2-0 and we don't feel that bad.  3-0 made it seem much worse in my opinion.   give Astros credit they jumped on the Phil's in a game they had to win.  That's what really good teams do.  Gonna have to hit to win this series.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    Scale of 1-10, I'd say a 6. Concerned but not overly concerned. Troubling to see him not coming out firing 98. If Wheels ain't Wheels then that's obviously not good for having a chance.

Also, I'm ok with this - should've been pitching Thor as a #4 beforehand. 

• Options
    Scale of 1-10, I'd say a 6. Concerned but not overly concerned. Troubling to see him not coming out firing 98. If Wheels ain't Wheels then that's obviously not good for having a chance.

Also, I'm ok with this - should've been pitching Thor as a #4 beforehand. 

Yeah even with that extra day his velocity was down. I am good with Thor tomorrow too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I’m not concerned. He settled down after that 1st inning. And even that was a little unlucky. The second run was scored a pop fly that’s an easy out everywhere except Houston and Boston, and the third run was scored on the Sosa throwing error. He was fine after that though…just didn’t get any run support. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I’m not concerned. He settled down after that 1st inning. And even that was a little unlucky. The second run was scored a pop fly that’s an easy out everywhere except Houston and Boston, and the third run was scored on the Sosa throwing error. He was fine after that though…just didn’t get any run support. 
    Yeah I'm not really talking about the results, so much as he wasn't throwing as hard as before. Hope it's not a sign that he's hurt again or something.

Hats for bats tomorrow night!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not really talking about the results, so much as he wasn't throwing as hard as before. Hope it's not a sign that he's hurt again or something.

Hats for bats tomorrow night!
    Yeah his slider didn't look good, and Houston wasn't missing his fastball at all. No room for mulligans the rest of the way between him and Nola.

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    edited October 2022
    So like I said I was at this union event Saturday night. The first speaker started talking about John Fetterman and a minute later in walks the Lieutenant Governor himself! I shook his hand and wished him good luck.

Thor tonight. This team better bring their good bats.

Astros cheating: I've been a lonely defender of them - "everyone steals signs" - but already this series they've used an illegal bat (no consequences?) and blatantly purposely got hit by a pitch (a strike!). Can't these guys just play baseball? They clearly have tons of talent. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

Astros cheating: I've been a lonely defender of them - "everyone steals signs" - but already this series they've used an illegal bat (no consequences?) and blatantly purposely got hit by a pitch (a strike!). Can't these guys just play baseball? They clearly have tons of talent. 
    The bat thing I can kind of understand & Maldy didn't know that he couldn't use it. As soon as the league told him that he couldn't use it, he changed bats.

Diaz purposefully leaning into that pitch was crap & he knows better. Good call by the umps.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    If Maldy is cheating he needs to get better at it.  :lol:    
    .186 doesn't look like a dude who is getting much bang for his cheating buck.  🤔 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I am so looking forward to tonight. Missed out on the WS games back in '08 and '09, didn't get to go in '93 either. 

Wife picked up a couple ponchos...hopefully the rain won't be too bad though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I don't get it. Other than Diaz leaning over the plate, which was so bad because he did it so blatantly the pitch before, the whining about cheating is dumb. Don't get me wrong - it's the perfect team to accuse of it, but it's the one thing I think gives them motivation. Valdez was just a stud Saturday nightand Wheeler was off, that's it.

I'm convinced the crowd is absolutely a factor through Wednesday, so hopefully we make it worth it.

Told my kids I have a hard out on trick or treating tonight to make the game.

Philly needs to go 4-0 this week!
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

The bat thing I can kind of understand & Maldy didn't know that he couldn't use it. As soon as the league told him that he couldn't use it, he changed bats.

Diaz purposefully leaning into that pitch was crap & he knows better. Good call by the umps.
    Yeah he made a good call, except for not calling it a strike. We got him out anyway.

I think the Phillies' playoff home field advantage has been more pronounced against teams from other parts of the country. Obviously it didn't help against the Orioles in 1983 or the Yankees in 2009. So maybe there's something to it. Either way the 2 World Series when they won their home games they won the series, and the other 5 went the other way. I'm still skeptical though. Bullpen game vs. Lance McCullers (guess he was injured most of the season, but must be very fresh now). This is gonna be a challenge.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Not sure if tonight is necessarily a bullpen game. If Thor is going OK they need to leave him in, he should get at least 6 if that's the case. None of this 'one time through the lineup' bullshit. 
  • Options
    Not sure if tonight is necessarily a bullpen game. If Thor is going OK they need to leave him in, he should get at least 6 if that's the case. None of this 'one time through the lineup' bullshit. 
    Yeah I think you gotta let him pitch even if he gives up a few. If the hitters don't mash we got no chance.

• Options
    Yeah I think you gotta let him pitch even if he gives up a few. If the hitters don't mash we got no chance.
    Absolutely - 1) Nola & Wheeler have to be perfect next time, no excuses (fingers crossed it doesn't even require Wheeler) 2) can't leave so many guys on base like last time 3) a bullpen game at this point would be devastating for this team.

Also, my expert analysis: scoring more runs than the other team would not be a bad thing.

Praying this weather forecast keeps trending in the right direction.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I watched the NLCS and the crowd was awesome. They just don't let up, which I love. If there is one team where that won't faze them as much, it's Houston. They've been hearing it for years.

Lance is typically nails in the postseason and he's been pitching better with each start this season. I think the key to this game is Noah & how long he can go. Houston then needs to rattle Philly's pen, which has been great so far this series. 

All that to say, this will be a fun one! Hope y'all that are going have a blast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Wowwwww we get a rally towel and a scarf tonight. That's it - Phils in 5.
  • Options
    Wowwwww we get a rally towel and a scarf tonight. That's it - Phils in 5.
    Giveaway scarf is really bringing it. Now they just need those caps with the earwarmers from 2008.

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I watched the NLCS and the crowd was awesome. They just don't let up, which I love. If there is one team where that won't faze them as much, it's Houston. They've been hearing it for years.

Lance is typically nails in the postseason and he's been pitching better with each start this season. I think the key to this game is Noah & how long he can go. Houston then needs to rattle Philly's pen, which has been great so far this series. 

All that to say, this will be a fun one! Hope y'all that are going have a blast.
    At least 4 straight nights of watching sports vs. Houston until midnight-ish this week. No sleep 'til Houston. At least the Union game ended at a fairly reasonable time last night. (btw - MLS Cup Saturday afternoon, possibly followed by Game 7!)

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

At least 4 straight nights of watching sports vs. Houston until midnight-ish this week. No sleep 'til Houston. At least the Union game ended at a fairly reasonable time last night. (btw - MLS Cup Saturday afternoon, possibly followed by Game 7!)
    and halloween tonight.  this week is going to be exhausting...but sooo much fun.