Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    edited July 2020
    Buck's got a podcast called Daddy Issues. Edward was on it. It was way better than the one he did with dipshit Simmons. Some stuff you already know, but overall great conversation. 
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Too high

how many wins are you thinking?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    edited July 2020
    Too high

I’d say 32. Not a fan of Hoskins hitting 2nd and Realmuto 4th.  Flip it
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Too high

Division and interleague matchups do not favor the Phils.
    Good luck, rooting for Beast again, really think he's gonna be good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    How about Dan Baker? Who was that fraud PA announcer last night?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh never mind. Looks like he had some kind of surgery this week. Get well soon Mr Baker
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I love didi 
  • Options
    I love didi 
    yeah he's been pretty great for us so far. Hoping they can pull out a victory today

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JT!!!

Also The Marlins new uniforms suck! Looks too much like The Mets.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I kinda get the point of pumping in noise. I think Girardi made a good point about if there's no noise all of a sudden the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up, etc etc.

I feel for anyone with kids in school from kindergarten to, like, 4th or 5th grade. Over that age I think it's easier to digest from a developmental standpoint for kids to learn virtually. Good thing we prioritized plans for restaurants and bars over education.
    Oooooh, the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up! Big fucking deal.

There are parks that are close to empty during a regular season anyway. 

Fake crowd noise is lame as hell. 
    Yeah not a huge fan of fake crowd noise. Maybe they can bring Th e players family or personnel or something?

The fake crowd noise isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still weird to see them play with barely anyone in the stands.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    I kinda get the point of pumping in noise. I think Girardi made a good point about if there's no noise all of a sudden the hitter can hear where the catcher's setting up, etc etc.

I feel for anyone with kids in school from kindergarten to, like, 4th or 5th grade. Over that age I think it's easier to digest from a developmental standpoint for kids to learn virtually. Good thing we prioritized plans for restaurants and bars over education.

Yeah not a huge fan of fake crowd noise. Maybe they can bring Th e players family or personnel or something?

The fake crowd noise isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still weird to see them play with barely anyone in the stands.
    Yeah I thought I’d hate it but it’s okay. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Seems like the past few years or so the Marlins have our number.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I say this in the kindest of words. The Phillies fucking stink and do not have a bright future 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Hahaha.  
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Come on. It’s terrible. 

I like how the NBA’s handling things this far though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Saw three or four Marlins tested positive? So...wonder how many Phils they infected? Yankees using the same clubhouse tomorrow?

No way this lasts...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Saw three or four Marlins tested positive? So...wonder how many Phils they infected? Yankees using the same clubhouse tomorrow?

No way this lasts...
    2 weeks teams start forfeiting.
  • Options

Come on. It’s terrible. 

The nba is doing video fans or something? Mls did that but it didn’t work the way they tried. The NBA one looks good 
  • Options

Come on. It’s terrible. 

The nba is doing video fans or something? Mls did that but it didn’t work the way they tried. The NBA one looks good 
    I like how it is now. I think they’re gonna try and zoom the fans in on those screens. Not sure how that’s gonna go. Really hope they don’t go the fake crowd noise once the season starts
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Come on. It’s terrible. 

I like how it is now. I think they’re gonna try and zoom the fans in on those screens. Not sure how that’s gonna go. Really hope they don’t go the fake crowd noise once the season starts
    I haven’t watched any basketball yet besides random shit online. Starts in the next day or so?
  • Options

Come on. It’s terrible. 

I haven’t watched any basketball yet besides random shit online. Starts in the next day or so?
    Next weekend. I think the first Sixers game is Saturday night
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725

Come on. It’s terrible. 

As white noise in the background between pitches, it’s not bad. When it’s annoying is when the home team does something good and they pipe in louder, cheering noise. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Seems like the past few years or so the Marlins have our number.
    Losing record over like the last three years to the Marlins. Just not acceptable. 

Four marlins testing positive is not good. Be interesting to do contact tracing on those players. Just hope they weren’t as dumb as Lou Williams.  Hope they stay healthy with it
  • Options

Come on. It’s terrible. 

As white noise in the background between pitches, it’s not bad. When it’s annoying is when the home team does something good and they pipe in louder, cheering noise. 
    There is nothing good about fake crowd noise. 

Mark my words, some teams will start doing this even after the pandemic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Come on. It’s terrible. 

Some did it before
    #AtlantaFalcons
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Come on. It’s terrible. 

Some did it before
    #AtlantaFalcons
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    During part of the game I was watching on Sunday they had audio difficulties and it was just the announcers and the field.  It would have been great (could hear the teams talking to their players) if it wasn't for the giant redass Jack Morris being on the broadcast.
    I know the Tigers fired their booth last year after the two guys actually got into a fight with each other but the team they have calling the games now is straight up awful.

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Game postponed. Uh ohhhh