PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    SPEAKING OF CHEESESTEAKS AND SOUTH PHILLY BARBACOA....

I was just at Barbacoa's old spot at 11th and Morris for lunch after scoping out a venue during my lunch break...

It is now Mike's BBQ.....

I got their brisket cheesesteak. Get there. Eat everything.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Dude I'm gonna weigh 250 if I listen to y'all on where to eat.  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    You fuckers get a gift from NJ.
    The pizza place that I rave about on the Pizza Thread over in Haddonfield (Angelos) was known to be taking over the space from Sarcone's Deli after it closed.  (Owner's wife is a Sarcone)  They intended to keep their Haddonfield place open.
    Found out today it closed.  Mother-fucker!
    They hope to open up in April at the 9th street location.

This blows, for me, but I think you guys will like it.  I know the place is small but you want to eat the pizza right out of the oven. 
    Order and eat in....get the Upside Down Jawn and Diavlo sammy.  Both are smack your momma delicious.

Dammit.

There's a pizza thread?

If Cliff knows it's somehow related to Sarcone's then I think he's out.
    Ha, I recall that he didn't like their bread.  (Which is sad - that bread is fucking amazing)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    I heard there was a pizza place going in there. Not sure I knew the details. Looking forward to checking it out.

to clarify my sarcones stance. The bread is generally way too hard, especially for a sub. For a hot sandwich like roast pork or to dip in gravy, it’s perfect and I like it a lot. An Italian sub with a sarcones bread is like biting into a rock.
    Your baby girl could eat it without teeth and she would love it!  :lol:

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    I heard there was a pizza place going in there. Not sure I knew the details. Looking forward to checking it out.

to clarify my sarcones stance. The bread is generally way too hard, especially for a sub. For a hot sandwich like roast pork or to dip in gravy, it’s perfect and I like it a lot. An Italian sub with a sarcones bread is like biting into a rock.

What the hell is a sub?

What's this guy talking about?

chinese-happy.jpg

What the hell is a sub?

What's this guy talking about?

No idea. Once he starts talking Italian meats and cheeses on a roll he turns into a goddamn mush mouth. 
    You're a bunch a fuckin' hoagie mouths.
    :lol:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    @Cliffy6745 is a man without a home. If I ever ordered a sub from Moises at my bodega, that would’ve been just as foreign to him as a hoagie. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hoagie grinder sub hero
    Sammiches
    Hoagies and grinders. 

Unrelated: Big Mouth on Netflix is amazing.
    I watched that when it first came out.  I'm such a juvenile.  Laughed like crazy.
    It definitely makes me hurt from laughing.
    Oyster House today for lunch. Overrated.  They actually had real steamers (which is rare, most everyone around here passes off hard shell clams as steamers, which they are not) but kinda overpriced on everything else.
    Oyster House today for lunch. Overrated.  They actually had real steamers (which is rare, most everyone around here passes off hard shell clams as steamers, which they are not) but kinda overpriced on everything else.
    Yeah but most places like that are overpriced. I love that place though, big fan of their bar and happy hour. Go for the Dump Dinner. Then you're closer to getting your money's worth.
    edited March 2018
    Had the wife and baby, no bar action.  I could eat raw shellfish all day so I'm sure there are lots of good eats.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Wow $20 all you can drink Narragansett....lol.  you can get a 30 pack for less.  
    I do like the idea of the Dump Dinner, though, that is cool.
    I haven’t been to oyster house outside of happy hour but it’s one of the best happy hours in the city. 2 dozen oysters and a few beers and you’re out of there in like $60 bucks.
    That does sound good.  
    Hey, man, that drink add on also includes their delicious punch stuff. But a big fan of the Dump Dinner. Ya get to wear a bib and everything.
    Wearing a bib is the best part of lobster
    I wear a bib for most meals. You don't?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Phils favorite to land Arrieta at this point...

Giddy up, fellas 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Phils favorite to land Arrieta at this point...

Giddy up, fellas 
    Lol. 
    Phillies signing people like they won 96 games last year and are a piece or two from a World Series rather than losing 96 games. Dumb. Why lock in any money to old guys this year? Wait and see what you have.

Phillies signing people like they won 96 games last year and are a piece or two from a World Series rather than losing 96 games. Dumb. Why lock in any money to old guys this year? Wait and see what you have.

Because if they want any chance at the free agent studs next year, they have to show that they’re on the cusp of contending again.

Love it 
    chinese-happy.jpg