PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Yeah the kids do put a kink in some wild plans.  Luckily that part of summer we can stash the 13 and 3 year old boys with their grandparents and they will have a ball.  Other is Labor Day and our In Laws are usually at our house all weekend anyway.  They can stay and we can go to the show and come back on Labor Day in time for pool and bbq.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Soooo. Love Park.  Closed for 18 months...a shit load of tax money and it looks like all they did is fill in the fountain.  I pass by it every day and can't figure out what they hell they did to it.  Maybe areas of grass...sort of...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Soooo. Love Park.  Closed for 18 months...a shit load of tax money and it looks like all they did is fill in the fountain.  I pass by it every day and can't figure out what they hell they did to it.  Maybe areas of grass...sort of...
    Didn't it have to do with the structure - it wasn't sound or something? Isn't there a parking garage under it?
    Didn't it have to do with the structure - it wasn't sound or something? Isn't there a parking garage under it?
    There is a parking garage. That was always there, right? Maybe it did have to do with the structure. I just rememeber all the PR about how they’re renovating it and it looks basically the same
    There is a parking garage. That was always there, right? Maybe it did have to do with the structure. I just rememeber all the PR about how they’re renovating it and it looks basically the same
    I don't know. I never got the appeal of that dumb sign in the first place.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited February 2018

Anyone know about the XPN Fest? Want to see War on Drugs and I see they are headlining the Saturday show but I don't see anything lined up for Sunday yet? Is there a chance they also do Sunday? Pumpkins are coming here that same Saturday and I want to see them for the 90's nostalgia. Saw Zwan but never the Pumpkins. And I don't care that Corgan is a crazy conspiracy theorist anymore. His music back in the day was the shit. 

Anyone know about XPN Sunday?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, I don't know. It's not even a Philly thing either, right?  Like I know New York has one too.
    Yeah, I don't know. It's not even a Philly thing either, right?  Like I know New York has one too.
    All over - Portugal, Italy, Indianapolis, New York. Yeah.

As for Juggs - no idea. You can do the creep move I've pulled in the past and sign up as a member at a level where you get free tickets and then immediately cancel said membership once you have your tickets.
    Danny Garcia fight night.

Another Philly dude on the undercard too. Nothing wrong with two Philly fighters on the same card in Vegas 
    73 and sunny Wednesday? You can find your Juggler at a golf course near you. Tally ho, gents!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Not gonna happen... right?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Guy is a piece of sandpaper, would fit well here. 
    Signing some pitching you dont have to give up guys to get?  Sounds too good to be true. 

My yahoo ranking has Rhys Ruth as the 35th best hitter based on a pretty standard 6x6 league scoring.
    We count Walks as the 6th category.  He projects to 100+ walks on a 500ab season.  No frigging way he can extend like that, right?
    For the Phillies homers here...what does this dude's stat line look like this year?
    Do we have normal/attainable expectations for a young guy or Trout expectations?

No way he's Trout, but I would happily eat my words.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from Hoskins....other than .400/.500/.700.....

The guy does have a great approach at the plate though, so I wouldn't rule out the chance of 100 BB's, or more walks than strikeouts (not really, but that'd be sweet). 

I'm fine with Arrieta if it's a 3 or 4 year deal.

Funny - we just got the Phils talk going today at work and have decided to put together a "work outing" for the opener.
    Yeah I am thinking he is better than 35th on the list....but that is because it appears he may put up 1B #s in the OF.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The first female president of the US was born Thursday evening, fellas.
    Congratulations!  Best wishes on healthy and quick journey home for momma and baby girl.  
    That's awesome man.  Enjoy!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    you had a baby????? WOOT! Congrats!!!!

P.S. I can.not.stand.jake.arrieta.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Congrats!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    congrats, dude!  what's her name?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    My man. All the best to yous.
    Thanks, everyone
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Thanks, everyone
    Congrats
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So the Phillies are inducting Doc into the wall of fame the same day Dawk gets inducted into the HOF. They probably could've picked another date. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    This weather can go directly to hell
    chinese-happy.jpg
    buried power in my neighborhood, hoping that helps keep power up.
    This weather can go directly to hell
    Curl up with a good brew, a side of whiskey, and watch the Super Bowl for the 200th time. It's amaaaaazing.
    Young Kingery's got three hr's so far
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Brought this up in the Food Thread - Ugly Delicious on Netflix: huge douche David Chang, yes, but very proud to see Christina Martinez and South Philly Barbacoa (now moved to El Compadre) on the 2nd episode. Awesome.
    Had two lamb one pork just today. That fucking place grinds.  The homemade corn tortillas are so good....