Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    PTM - 7

ROGERS - 7

Are you crapping me? A tie? What does PONO think this is, soccer?

A demand a sudden death fight for an outright determination of who is champion!

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Thank god this is done. Lets break!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    edited April 2014

On to the next limited edition fan bait! Can't come soon enough! :D
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    S
    Jason P said:

PTM - 7

ROGERS - 7

Are you crapping me? A tie? What does PONO think this is, soccer?

A demand a sudden death fight for an outright determination of who is champion!

Was so hoping Kenny would find a way to beat Portugal the Man.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Surprised 8 fickle Foo Fighter fans dropped out at least minute. :-q
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    RD101189 said:

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. Also left two Tom Petty's on the table.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    RD101189 said:

The brutal thing about that is that they held on to them while someone else couldn't access them. Then, dropped at the last minute, pono couldn't capitalize and neither could the fans.

There's '1' CSN remaining. Really? Some people need slaps so badly. And there's not enough Chadwicks out there to administer them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    Project Update #27: Important Amazon Payments Update
    Posted by the PonoMusic Team Black heart (cards) Like

Dear PonoMusic Kickstarter supporters, here are a few important notes about the payment of your pledges:

1. If you received an email notification from Amazon Payments that you were charged by Ivanhoe, this notification is CORRECT and refers to your pledge to PonoMusic, which is an Invahoe (DE) Inc. dba.

2. If you received an error message from Amazon Payments, please address this IMMEDIATELY. If you log in to your Kickstarter account you can follow the Fix Payment button at the top of your screen, which will lead you to update your payment info. If any of you are having difficulty, please look through the Kickstarter FAQ and contact Kickstarter directly for assistance.

After seven days, all backers that have not resolved their payment issue will be dropped and NO LONGER longer be able to support PonoMusic Kickstarter, which means you will NOT receive your reward.

3. As Kickstarter is a donation-based crowdfunding platform, your donation is collected now to help us jumpstart PonoMusic. Our promise to you is to deliver your reward by the delivery estimate date of your reward.

4. We will be reaching out in the next week or so with surveys to get mailing addresses, shirt sizes, shipping addresses, ... for those that pledged their respective rewards. Please make sure you fill them out promptly.

Thank you again for your support.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

After seven days, all backers that have not resolved their payment issue will be dropped and NO LONGER longer be able to support PonoMusic Kickstarter, which means you will NOT receive your reward.

My favorite part. Basically making it sound like it's your privelege to be "donating" rather than their privelege to have you. And then threatening you on top of it. I love when Holier than thou folks end up sounding like everyone else. This is a privately held business that just raised $6+ million and gave up no ownership to follow THEIR dream. You'd think they'd be a little nicer to their suckers...errr... I mean supporters.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

demetrios said:

My favorite part. Basically making it sound like it's your privelege to be "donating" rather than their privelege to have you. And then threatening you on top of it. I love when Holier than thou folks end up sounding like everyone else. This is a privately held business that just raised $6+ million and gave up no ownership to follow THEIR dream. You'd think they'd be a little nicer to their suckers...errr... I mean supporters.
    Gosh, that's not how I read it at all. Threatening? I just see that as them informing everyone that if they have to clear up their payment they have a week to do so or they will lose their pono, and no longer be able to support the project.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

Gosh, that's not how I read it at all. Threatening? I just see that as them informing everyone that if they have to clear up their payment they have a week to do so or they will lose their pono, and no longer be able to support the project.
    Of course you can put any spin on it you want (as I did). I just found this phrasing hysterical (I removed the extra longer. Wasn't sure if they put it in there for extra emphasis):

....will be dropped and NO LONGER be able to support PonoMusic Kickstarter.....

that phrasing is just so funny. You are to be dropped and you can never ever ever again be a supporter of our righteous cause.....
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

This is exact and fair enough!!
  • Options
    Why not just say - if you don't pay, your pre-order will be cancelled? Why so high and mighty like they are doing something great for society? I think they're a bit full of themselves (and anyone who's read Neil's book knows he is regarding this).
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Its only wording, their objective is to help others in charity not give things away, they can word i how they like and they are helping society become a better place,six million or whatever is not just some street penny is it ? They dont owe you anything and you dont owe them anything if you dont want to get involved.
  • Options

Why not just say - if you don't pay, your pre-order will be cancelled? Why so high and mighty like they are doing something great for society? I think they're a bit full of themselves (and anyone who's read Neil's book knows he is regarding this).

Well, it's all about perception as you said! I didn't think it came off as high and mighty. I think it's most likely that that's not their intent either. You seem to be assuming the worst and reading into it too much. The general public is notoriously bad at reading all information given to them carefully - they probably just wanted to be very clear to make sure that everyone got the drift.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882

You are to be dropped and you can never ever ever again be a supporter of our righteous cause.....

It doesn't say that you cannot support Pono, it says that you will no longer be able to support Pono KICKSTARTER, which was a limited window. Seems factual to me.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441

TO SAY THAT NEIL YOUNG IS "FULL OF HIMSELF" IS THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF SHIT I'VE EVER HEARD.
    And yes, I WAS yelling.
    Neil has done more for this planet and the people that occupy it than you could do in 100 lifetimes.
    Sounds like you need a nap.
  • Options
    shecky said:

TO SAY THAT NEIL YOUNG IS "FULL OF HIMSELF" IS THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF SHIT I'VE EVER HEARD.
    And yes, I WAS yelling.
    Neil has done more for this planet and the people that occupy it than you could do in 100 lifetimes.
    Whoa, easy, lol. Neil is awesome, but yelling might be uncalled for, hahaha.
    I will agree that it seems like EdsonNascimento might have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I hope you are in a better mood soon Edson! ;)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I do think it is funny how they refer to a purchased product as an "reward".

It does change the way I will now look at life. Just last night I won a reward, some beef jerky, at a gas station. :D
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I do think it is funny how they refer to a purchased product as an "reward".

It does change the way I will now look at life. Just last night I won a reward, some beef jerky, at a gas station. :D

Well, it is a reward the same way those tote bags from PBS are a reward when you donate during the PBS pledge drives. You're not buying a Pono. You're donating your money to them and getting a "free gift" for the favour. I know it's just semantics, but it does make some sense. :)
  • Options
    Project Update #28: The First Time...

To our incredible Kickstarter community,

Thank you for joining us in this whirlwind of a journey. It was amazing every step of the way, and we cannot believe it’s already over.

Thank you for supporting our efforts, and for supporting PonoMusic. You did this solely based on confidence in our team and our vision.

With the end of our Kickstarter, we wanted to reflect on how it all began. This is what we felt during our first time with PonoMusic...

“I heard it. It was Pono." – Neil Young

“I was stunned to hear what I'd never heard before…it made it so, so much better.” – John Hamm

"I heard it full again…I experienced the same feelings as when I committed my life to music.” Elliot Roberts

“It felt like finding a long lost best friend.” – Pedram Abrari

“It was like listening in 3D, pinpointing the instruments and voices across a broad and deep stage with amazing clarity.” – Phil Baker

“Surreal…Music felt as it has from my old albums.” – Gigi Brisson

“For the first time in years, I sat back, and truly listened to the music.” – Franz Krachtus

“I closed my eyes and thought...So this is what it’s supposed to sound like.” – Alex Daly

We hope you feel the same way when the music hits you too.

Much love and respect,

The PonoMusic Team
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, it's all about perception as you said! I didn't think it came off as high and mighty. I think it's most likely that that's not their intent either. You seem to be assuming the worst and reading into it too much. The general public is notoriously bad at reading all information given to them carefully - they probably just wanted to be very clear to make sure that everyone got the drift.
    Agree on the general public reading-understanding ability.

shecky said:

And yes, I WAS yelling.
    And, to the person standing up for Neil - I think you are exaggerating. Yes, he's done some good things. But, let's relax on his contribution to the Universe. I'm guessing you think Al Gore is wonderful b/c he pays someone to reduce THEIR carbon emissions, so he can enjoy his private planes and mansion.

Have you even read Neil's book? If not, please do (if you can actually make it through it in it's entirety, you get a gold star). His view of this technology is warped to say the best. He pretends like there's nobody in the world looking at improving digital sound and he's here to save the world's ears.

And you have no idea what I do and don't do. You probably need to adjust your hero worship meter.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Good to see adults getting along so well. /:)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Whilst I want it to be October I want it to be June/July too.....

Much to look forward to
  • Options
    Project Update #29: An Important Update about Payments & Backer Engagement

Hi Kickstarter community,

We have been working hard to field all your questions and comments as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Engagement has been a top priority for us from the beginning, and we apologize for any delay in response time due to the volume of inquiries. Please give us a few days to work through your questions and requests as we begin the fulfillment process.

To those people whose payments did not go through, you only have two days left to fix this issue.

1. If you received an email notification from Amazon Payments that you were charged by Ivanhoe, this notification is CORRECT and refers to your pledge to PonoMusic, which is an Invahoe (DE) Inc. dba.

2. If you received an error message from Amazon Payments, please address this IMMEDIATELY. If you log in to your Kickstarter account you can follow the Fix Payment button at the top of your screen, which will lead you to update your payment info. If any of you are having difficulty, please look through the Kickstarter FAQ and contact Kickstarter directly for assistance.

All backers that have not resolved their payment issue will be dropped and NO LONGER longer be able to support PonoMusic Kickstarter, which means you will NOT receive your reward.

For all other inquiries, please email support@ponomusic.com. That said, we are in the process of shifting ALL backer engagement to this email address.

Again, within the next 48 hours, all questions and comments should move to support@ponomusic.com.

Thank you so much,

The PonoMusic Team
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    What's a pono?