Options

Bootleg Box 2013 Shipping

Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,700
I emailed nugs about the shipping date of the bootleg box and got this reply.

'The 2013 Lightning Bolt box sets are currently in production, and will be shipping in April (we don't have an exact ship date as of yet).'

Once again, estimated shipping of pre ordered items is way off. Looks like it will be May at the earliest before they arrive.
Kearnsy

Comments

• Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 236
    that sucks. last 4 of the tour will be on sale Wednesday, thought box would ship in the next week or two. I've waited this long, guess another 6 weeks wont kill me.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    There's no reason why the first 21 shows of each boxset aren't already ready to go. It should really ship this week.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    That's really disappointing. I just hope they ship mine since my order was marked shipped back in December by mistake.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    Kearn5y said:

I emailed nugs about the shipping date of the bootleg box and got this reply.

'The 2013 Lightning Bolt box sets are currently in production, and will be shipping in April (we don't have an exact ship date as of yet).'

Once again, estimated shipping of pre ordered items is way off. Looks like it will be May at the earliest before they arrive.

That long? :(

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Maybe there's something a little special included..different covers perhaps..seems like it would be simple to just box up what is already out there...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    or its time for the spring break at nugs....3 weeks off everybody!!
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    I'm fine with that. I'd rather they take the extra time and make sure they get it right than by the time I get around to listening to the 20th show I get gaps and have to deal with getting a replacement.

I have plenty of boots to carry me well into spring like a good hoarder.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I'm ordering a box from BroDart & making my own NA 2013 tour box. Saving myself $370 in the process!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    vladsplatvladsplat Posts: 116
    I'm with you Edson! I just want a good, quality bootleg set. Even tho I did the set with the FRAK discount, I'd rather have a great set than get it fast but needing fixes.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I'm ordering a box from BroDart & making my own NA 2013 tour box. Saving myself $370 in the process!!

:-c
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Ordered the box set when it first was "released". Thinking I would receive it by at least the end of March. Dying to get this and listen to these boots. Hind sight is always a dirty bitch.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options

Maybe there's something a little special included..different covers perhaps..seems like it would be simple to just box up what is already out there...

Or maybe a bonus DVD / Blu-ray compilation disc in every 2013 Box Sets? O:-)

*praise Jebus!!
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    That would be sweet Demetrios. Man I was hoping with last boots being released today that our box sets would be shipping right behind that. Another month just to make some boxes to put the existing CD's in? Doesn't make sense.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    RD101189 said:

Another month just to make some boxes to put the existing CD's in? Doesn't make sense.

Really, you'd think they'd have the boxes ready already. :-S
  • Options
    AnibalAnibal Posts: 30
    You're only speculating that it will come out in May since their ship dates in the past have been off. Considering the last shows have been released as of now, it sounds like the April time frame they just gave you would be accurate. It's funny how so many expected these box sets to be released as early as February. When PJ announced the bootlegs, they stated that the box sets would not be released until after all shows were released. They even stated initially that they would release one show every Wednesday, which would mean that the box sets would come out 25 weeks after they first show was released. When I saw that, I speculated we wouldn't get our box sets until June 2014. Luckily, they sped up the releases of the bootlegs. I don't know why so many whine about it. They've actually been releasing the bootlegs faster than they initially claimed. When you consider June 2014 to be the initial estimated release date, April sounds like good news!
    2000 - Atlanta, West Palm Beach
    2003 - Tampa, New York
    2008 - West Palm Beach
    2012 - Eddie Vedder Ft. Lauderdale
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa
  • Options
    Anibal said:

You're only speculating that it will come out in May since their ship dates in the past have been off. Considering the last shows have been released as of now, it sounds like the April time frame they just gave you would be accurate. It's funny how so many expected these box sets to be released as early as February. When PJ announced the bootlegs, they stated that the box sets would not be released until after all shows were released. They even stated initially that they would release one show every Wednesday, which would mean that the box sets would come out 25 weeks after they first show was released. When I saw that, I speculated we wouldn't get our box sets until June 2014. Luckily, they sped up the releases of the bootlegs. I don't know why so many whine about it. They've actually been releasing the bootlegs faster than they initially claimed. When you consider June 2014 to be the initial estimated release date, April sounds like good news!

FYI Nugs told me the box set would be shipped in February. I'm sure they told others as well, which is why we expected the box to be released as early as February.

• Options
    RD101189 said:

That would be sweet Demetrios. Man I was hoping with last boots being released today that our box sets would be shipping right behind that. Another month just to make some boxes to put the existing CD's in? Doesn't make sense.

I was hoping that too. Being that today is the day the last 4 bootlegs from the '13 are released, they would have the box ready & shipping confirmation emails sent out.

I'm guessing they had to wait till the last bootlegs were released then they will start making the custom boxes. The total CD's for the 2013 box set is 70 CD's. For 25 show's. 20 show's x 3CD sets. 5 show's x 2CD sets.

I remembered when there were rumors why the Philly '09 box set took so long was they were gonna release a DVD in the box set. That didn't happen. We got a pack of cards. Would be cool if they included an extra bonus item in every '13 box set.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Anibal said:

In agreement with your post. It amazes me that so many PJ fans lose common sense whenever merch goes on sale. It was very obvious that the boxset wouldn't be out til after all the shows had individually gone on sale so why anyone preordered the boxset and gave their cash away 4 or 5 months early is beyond me. Especially on an item that isn't going to sell out or stop getting produced!!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Anibal said:

Actually I emailed Nugs back in december because I ordered other boots with the boxset. Initally they refused to ship the other boots until the boxset was ready to ship which they stated it would be february in their emails. So I am not speculating and only going on the infromation they gave me. One thing I will correct myself on is that when I mentioned may, with the snail mail shipping I wouldnt expect to get it till May at the earliest.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

Anibal said:

In agreement with your post. It amazes me that so many PJ fans lose common sense whenever merch goes on sale. It was very obvious that the boxset wouldn't be out til after all the shows had individually gone on sale so why anyone preordered the boxset and gave their cash away 4 or 5 months early is beyond me. Especially on an item that isn't going to sell out or stop getting produced!!!
    The reason I ordered the boxset months ago was because of the 20% discount available at the time so it made sense to purchase then. Why wait and pay more if it was always my intention to buy it in the first place. Other than that I would have waited till it was released.

Kearnsy
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Theres no rush at all. Good things come to those who wait.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Kearn5y said:

boyo79 said:

Anibal said:

The reason I ordered the boxset months ago was because of the 20% discount available at the time so it made sense to purchase then. Why wait and pay more if it was always my intention to buy it in the first place. Other than that I would have waited till it was released.

Fair enough. I dread to think what customs charge that boxset will bring with it for those outside the States. I don't think the 20% discount from 10c will cover it!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Theres no rush at all. Good things come to those who wait.

Thats true except for those still waiting for their sevens and vault vinyl. In future, they should state, they will be out when they are out and give no date.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

Kearn5y said:

boyo79 said:

Anibal said:

Fair enough. I dread to think what customs charge that boxset will bring with it for those outside the States. I don't think the 20% discount from 10c will cover it!
    Yep same here, although the 2010 boxset slipped through with out any charge. Had a value of $50 on the packaging.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Wouldn/t mind seeing what it looks like to hold me over...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    AnibalAnibal Posts: 30
    narnia said:

FYI Nugs told me the box set would be shipped in February. I'm sure they told others as well, which is why we expected the box to be released as early as February.

I understand what Nugs told you when you spoke to them about the February release date. However, PJ themselves said the box set would be available sometime AFTER all boots were released, AND that they would release one boot per week. From those two statements alone, you can reason that the box set would not be released until May or June, given 25 shows = 25 weeks. It is Pearl Jam who gives the mixes to Nugs for distribution. This is why I will believe the source of the mixes over the distributor. I'm sure Nugs gave you a February release date without knowing what the real release frame would be (speculation at best). In fact, when PJ halted the release of their boots during the holiday period, I was surprised they released multiple shows weekly just to catch up. What I'm trying to say is that I am not the least bit surprised by how long it has taken them to release this set or any other merchandise for that matter.

Based on my experience with Kufala when they were distributing bootlegs and PJ's lack of communication with them, I would not be surprised if PJ has a communication issue with Nugs as well. PJ's lack of communication with Kufala (and fans for that matter) is part of the reason we never saw box sets released for their 2011 or 2012 tours. I spoke with Kufala one time and they had speculated that box sets would be available eventually for the 2011 and 2012 sets but that PJ would never give them an answer or a date. Does that sound surprising at all?

Patience is one thing you learn (whether you like or not) by being a long time fan club member. I don't even bother complaining. As a consumer, you do have the right to request a refund if an item has been delayed from the initial release date. The only problem is that the club never gave an official release date, so they are covered to do whatever they wish. I too ordered this box set with the 20% discount and I'll be happy whenever it arrives (since complaining about it won't make a difference to the club). If you don't like their practices, learn from this experience and buy accordingly in the future. I never go by what they say or what others speculate but rather what they write when they put a product for sale. The problem we tend to have is that we skim through the details and then get upset when things don't work out the way we want them to.

My apologies for the long message.

:)
    2000 - Atlanta, West Palm Beach
    2003 - Tampa, New York
    2008 - West Palm Beach
    2012 - Eddie Vedder Ft. Lauderdale
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa
  • Options
    The Ten Club store page for the box set still says they expect to ship in February. This is why so many people were expecting a February shipping date in the first place.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    demetrios said:

RD101189 said:

I was hoping that too. Being that today is the day the last 4 bootlegs from the '13 are released, they would have the box ready & shipping confirmation emails sent out.

I'm guessing they had to wait till the last bootlegs were released then they will start making the custom boxes. The total CD's for the 2013 box set is 70 CD's. For 25 show's. 20 show's x 3CD sets. 5 show's x 2CD sets.

I remembered when there were rumors why the Philly '09 box set took so long was they were gonna release a DVD in the box set. That didn't happen. We got a pack of cards. Would be cool if they included an extra bonus item in every '13 box set.
    $4.29 per CD if you got on Frak Friday at $300. Screaming deal with all the 3 CD shows on this tour.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I want my boots! But like a previous post, I'd rather have a flawless set that takes longer to ship than a bunch of flawed boots just to get them shipped out. I'll make due with all the countless shows I have until then!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Late April officially. It's disappointing they are putting 2014 bootlegs up for sale before they fulfill all 2013 bootleg orders.