Options

2023 Oscars

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    They are both weirdos.  (The Smiths)

You come off as a well adjusted person.
    People are strange.  
    You try to find a PC way of issuing an insult to me but because I'm not a whiny baby I don't storm the stage and slap you, like Will Smith, nor do I get offended.  
    Very typical of this day and age to switch a few words around and think you are different. 

Those two people are not only strange, they air their dirty laundry, publicly, and not only due to the tabloid bs.  
    They are weird.  💯 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Is it worth getting a apple+ subscription for that CODA movie?
    It’s still on my list but my parents loved and recommended it to me long before it was nominated 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    JPPJ84 said:
    Is it worth getting a apple+ subscription for that CODA movie?
    It’s still on my list but my parents loved and recommended it to me long before it was nominated 
    Seems like a movie my mom would love. I'll watch it when I'm back home visiting. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
  • Options
    edited March 2022

People are strange.  
    You try to find a PC way of issuing an insult to me but because I'm not a whiny baby I don't storm the stage and slap you, like Will Smith, nor do I get offended.  
    Very typical of this day and age to switch a few words around and think you are different. 

Those two people are not only strange, they air their dirty laundry, publicly, and not only due to the tabloid bs.  
    They are weird.  💯 

People who use the word "PC" unironically.

i don't dare to watch the slapping-moment. Don't know if that is because my PC-ness or me being afraid of second hand embarrassment. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,024
    Bad move by Smith.  I always thought he didn't have to curse to sell records?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
     I always thought he didn't have to curse to sell records?

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    Bad move by Smith.  I always thought he didn't have to curse to sell records?
    You win the internet today!🤣
  • Options

People are strange.  

They are weird.  💯 

People who use the word "PC" unironically.

i don't dare to watch the slapping-moment. Don't know if that is because my PC-ness or me being afraid of second hand embarrassment. 
    :eyeroll:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    West Philadelphia, born and raised. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Philly vs. Brooklyn!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    dankind said:
    Philly vs. Brooklyn!
    Must be a Ben Simmons trade thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    His mom is going to get scared 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Will's just trying to get his manhood back after Jada's so-called "entanglement." Sorry Will, but it's going to take more than slapping Chris Rock for that. Might have to punch Mike Tyson. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I think he could beat Mike Tyson. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Yeah, Pookie is tough in his own way but I'm thinking Will Smith could actually whoop some asses.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    dankind said:
    So did he. Until he ran out da ring. You shoulda been there. You really shoulda been there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I do think that Chris Rock should press charges. Pretty clear case. 

But, of course, there are no consequences for rich people. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jumb0 said:
    His mom is going to get scared 
    Yep, I heard he will be moving with his aunti and uncle in Bel Air
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Haven't seen the video - but do you think he cares enough? Even with Will Smith being embarrassing, I would be embarrassed about joking about someones disease/condition that obviously affects that person -- seemingly affects her enough for a person closed to her to get up on stage during the Oscars and slap me. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    dankind said:
    Haven't seen the video - but do you think he cares enough? Even with Will Smith being embarrassing, I would be embarrassed about joking about someones disease/condition that obviously affects that person -- seemingly affects her enough for a person closed to her to get up on stage during the Oscars and slap me. 
    It doesn't matter if he cares enough, a human being committed a violent act upon a another human being. The offender should be charged.

We let shit like this go all the time, and it spirals into "stand your ground" laws and the like in the US in which violence is actually encouraged by the law.

If my best friend slapped me in anger, I would press charges. This is, of course, a hypothetical because I don't have any friends.

I wish that law enforcement agencies could press charges on their own in cut-and-dry cases like this.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    dankind said:
    we don't know that chris knew about jada's condition. he may have thought he was making a "style choice" joke, which is fair game at awards shows; always has been. if he did know, it was a slimy joke. but not worthy of assault. 

will smith should be charged. I'm stunned he was allowed to stay. best actor or not. then those boobs in the audience give that fuck a standing ovation? anthony hopkins said "I agree with everything Will Smith said...every word". WTF. what universe do these people live in?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    You want to make millions by living your life in the public eye then you need a thick skin.  Given her condition then probably shouldn't have made that joke, but nonetheless, it wasn't worth doing what he did.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    Chris a real pro by just moving on, thats what made me initially think it was fake

• Options
    I literally never watch award shows. My wife said she wanted to, so the four of us sat down and watched it. Now I have to explain to my daughters that what The Fresh Prince of Bel Air did and said "love makes you do crazy things" is exactly what an abusive partner says. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    It doesn't matter if he cares enough, a human being committed a violent act upon a another human being. The offender should be charged.

We let shit like this go all the time, and it spirals into "stand your ground" laws and the like in the US in which violence is actually encouraged by the law.

If my best friend slapped me in anger, I would press charges. This is, of course, a hypothetical because I don't have any friends.

I wish that law enforcement agencies could press charges on their own in cut-and-dry cases like this.
    I find the american way so backwards. in canada it's not up to the victim if charges are brought. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    free speech. has consequences......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    free speech. has consequences......
    really?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I find the american way so backwards. in canada it's not up to the victim if charges are brought. 
    Yes, in my opinion, LAPD Oscar detail officers should've had the authority to remove the violent offender from the event.

By letting him stay and receive his AWARD, it sends the message that this is acceptable behavior. 

I mean, If I get caught clocking someone in the bleachers at Fenway Park, at the very least, I don't get to watch the rest of the game.
    I SAW PEARL JAM