Options

2023 Oscars

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    The Second Spitter on the gravelly road. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    did you see her "groan face" right after? she clearly cared. 
    Yes I saw that but that TikTok clip shows them from behind after the slap.

I want to see her face after Will laughs and what happened there.  That is a missing link for me.
    that's the one that's been shown a million times. it's the OG, lol. easy to find. 
    No, the camera pulls away from her and will then goes to Rock.  I want to see what she did after Will initially laughed.  I haven't seen that.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    edited March 2022

I want to see her face after Will laughs and what happened there.  That is a missing link for me.
    that's the one that's been shown a million times. it's the OG, lol. easy to find. 
    No, the camera pulls away from her and will then goes to Rock.  I want to see what she did after Will initially laughed.  I haven't seen that.
    You can see her while Will is laughing. She’s not happy. You can’t see her face while Will walks up and slips Chris though.  I want to se ever face on that moment.
    That last clip you can see the back of her, she doesn’t appear to object. But I’d like to see her face.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options

26 seconds in. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjEoDypUD8
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes exactly, what happens AFTER the 26 seconds in?  Something else transpired that we don't see because it took Will a bit before he actually walked up there.

26-35 seconds on Will and Jada is what I am looking for.

Will was laughing but Jada rolls here eyes than camera pans away and I want to know what happened in there.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You can see her while Will is laughing. She’s not happy. You can’t see her face while Will walks up and slips Chris though.  I want to se ever face on that moment.
    That last clip you can see the back of her, she doesn’t appear to object. But I’d like to see her face.
    I'm looking for what transpired right after she wasn't happy.  Something made Will snap.  Was it her look?  Did she actually say something?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    dankind said:

That was one magic loogie!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I'm looking for what transpired right after she wasn't happy.  Something made Will snap.  Was it her look?  Did she actually say something?
    I haven't seen any footage of those several seconds, if it even exists. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

I haven't seen any footage of those several seconds, if it even exists. 
    I think that would shed more light on what transpired.
  • Options
    maybe we all saw it but Will Men In Blacked us all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    David Spade and Dana Carvey talks about it at the very start of their latest episode of their SNL-podcast. You can really feel for Carvey when he talks about being bullied as a child and how this triggered him. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

What was I trying to watch again?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Part of me thinks that this is was all staged and just a ploy to up the ratings on these pathetic, narcissistic affairs. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    hedonist said:
    Part of me thinks that this is was all staged and just a ploy to up the ratings on these pathetic, narcissistic affairs. 
    There are more than a few folks floating that theory.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    part of me agrees. I had this conversation yesterday....the way Rock leans his chin out when Will's approaching...the fact he barely lifts his hands after; you'd think he'd put them up in defense, or at least wouldn't put them right back behind his back after...the barely-detectable smirk on Will's face as he walks away....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    It makes no sense that it was staged. It made everyone feel uncomfortable. It hurt Williams reputation. As the above post mentioned about Dana Carvey. That's how I felt. The way Chris kept stumbling his words to announce the category.  Chris is not that good of an actor.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    It makes no sense that it was staged. It made everyone feel uncomfortable. It hurt Williams reputation. As the above post mentioned about Dana Carvey. That's how I felt. The way Chris kept stumbling his words to announce the category.  Chris is not that good of an actor.
    hence the "part of me". I agree with everything you said....just....the things I noticed made it feel off somehow. But I'm sure you're right. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If it was just the slap I could understand. It was the outburst after. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Why would Will Smith bring this on himself?  Wouldn’t winning best actor be enough to get at least some publicity?   The Academy isn’t going to benefit much.  I am not expecting a fight next year so I won’t be tuning in.  Rock might benefit but they have so much money why take a hit like this? 

Why would Will have laughed at first if he was planning this all along?   That is some next level planning though if  it was staged to throw people off.  
  • Options
    To me it looked stage until the audio cuts out and that’s the part Will is yelling out. Then I had that “oh, this is real” moment.
    I watched it the next morning, so I already knew what was going to happen. I heard this was on track to be the lowest watched year until people heard about the slap and tuned in.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    edited March 2022

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I wanna say the only reason the ratings are down is for one there are so many things to watch on apps and so on. People usually watch clips on YouTube or tiktok the day after. Too many awards shows. The Oscars was where you saw all your favorite celebrities. Now you can see them everywhere. On their Instagram, Twitter, tik toks. You can even interact with some. Obviously there are political reasons for some.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    yeah, our kids' generation rarely watches anything on cable. and you're right...all they care about is clips and highlights. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    They celebrated 50 years of The Godfather and 30 years of White Men Can't Jump. I was hoping for 30 years of Singles. Wouldn't it have been great if Matt Dillon and Eddie showed up?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I don’t think that’s why nobody watches. It’s too long and boring. You can almost watch The Lord Of The Rings trilogy in that time. The hosts don’t bring their A-game, you think Chris has GI Jane references in his stand up? The majority of the show is filled with awards you didn’t know existed for a job you didn’t know people did going to names you never heard of. Do I really need to listen to some Foley artist I never heard of and never will again give a speech about how despite no one believing in him, he stuck with it and now his dream came true?
    And now it seems the nominees are obscure, I haven’t even heard of half the movies. When was the last iconic movie like Braveheart or Saving Private Ryan to win that I’d care to see a second time?
    I think that’s why no one watches.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t think that’s why nobody watches. It’s too long and boring. You can almost watch The Lord Of The Rings trilogy in that time. The hosts don’t bring their A-game, you think Chris has GI Jane references in his stand up? The majority of the show is filled with awards you didn’t know existed for a job you didn’t know people did going to names you never heard of. Do I really need to listen to some Foley artist I never heard of and never will again give a speech about how despite no one believing in him, he stuck with it and now his dream came true?
    And now it seems the nominees are obscure, I haven’t even heard of half the movies. When was the last iconic movie like Braveheart or Saving Private Ryan to win that I’d care to see a second time?
    I think that’s why no one watches.
    it's always been long and boring though. but like igotidd said....people get their "celebrity fix" online now; they don't have to wait until the show, or they can view snippets online anywhere they want; they don't have to wait for the Entertainment Tonight Exclusive! the entire following week. 

I honestly watched it last night, and in previous years, didn't watch it, but looked up the nominees, because with the advent of HBO and streaming, so many nominees aren't in theatres anymore, and for the longest time, being in Canada without access to HBO,I wasn't able to watch a LOT of them, and now I can. My HBO/Crave list is insanely long, no chance I'll ever get to it. 

and that GI Jane joke was bad. it wasn't in his lines. it was ad libbed, and if the slap hadn't happened, it would have gone down as the groaner of the evening. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    I don't watch it either, because I can read who won the next day so why in the hell would I spend hours watching what I can find out in 1 minute? But I will argue that a lot of truly excellent films that were not at all obscure have won since the 90s: The Departed, The King's Speech, Slumdog Millionaire, No Country for Old Men, Million Dollar Baby, LOTR: The Return of the King, Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, The Shape of Water, Argo, The Hurt Locker, 12 Years a Slave.... And FWIW, while it was kind of obscure before they won, Parasite is also totally worth watching twice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Parasite was amazing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com