Options

RNDM Rumor Mill

Has anyone heard any rumor's/gossip about RNDM lately? I was hoping they might pop up during PJ's hiatus before the summer tour, but no such luck.

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    can we add "or Tres Mtn"? One of the best experiences I ever was blessed with was seeing Tres Mtn a few years ago. Just amazing
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,848
    talked to Santos about this at pop shop. He said all side projects are off for a bit. Who knows what that means for sure...check out Joseph Arthur if you want. He's touring and IMO he's a creative cat worth seeing a few times with or without our friend Jeff! Would love to hear something new from RNDM. really like their sound...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    didn't their drummer or something have an outburst recently about the band being on hold? I could be wrong
  • Options

can we add "or Tres Mtn"? One of the best experiences I ever was blessed with was seeing Tres Mtn a few years ago. Just amazing

+1 We had a GREAT time mopping up our faces after that show. What a sound. RNDM show also rocked. Richard has been posting some cool footage from the RNDM soundchecks on his fb page.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Loujoe said:

talked to Santos about this at pop shop. He said all side projects are off for a bit. Who knows what that means for sure...check out Joseph Arthur if you want. He's touring and IMO he's a creative cat worth seeing a few times with or without our friend Jeff! Would love to hear something new from RNDM. really like their sound...

+1 Joesph Arthur is the shit. I am praying that he gets to Vancouver or Seattle soon so I can see his solo act.
    But I would looooove a new RNDM album! Richard Stuveruud is pretty active on facebook, so if he's talking about it, then that might be where, and if not, he might just answer you if you asked him there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    yeah. i started getting into Arthurs stuff a while back. i need to get off my arse and go see him down in Brookyln. I'll check out that facebook page. thanks
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    more rndm please

why did matt take a year off from soundgarden?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,253

more rndm please

Did he? Isn't he playing with them as SXSW tonight? :)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Zod said:

more rndm please

Did he? Isn't he playing with them as SXSW tonight? :)

Helplessdancer, he took it off to focus on PJ and to make sure he could do that and still have time for his actual life as well.
    I assume he is joining them for SXSW because it is being recorded. It's one thing to have someone fill in for him for live shows, but another when you're talking about Superunknown being played in its entirety and recorded. Would be kind of weird for Matt not to be the drummer for that. Plus, it only takes one day.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,253
    I am starting to wonder if Soundgarden will tour without Matt. PJ and Soundgarden both haven't released tour dates yet. Maybe SG will change their mind and wait for him to be done with PJ? They do seem to be taking their time finding a replacement. Maybe they found him irreplaceable.

I agree Soundgarden would be weird without Matt especially when considering they were playing the entire Superunknown album.

• Options
    Zod said:

I am starting to wonder if Soundgarden will tour without Matt. PJ and Soundgarden both haven't released tour dates yet. Maybe SG will change their mind and wait for him to be done with PJ? They do seem to be taking their time finding a replacement. Maybe they found him irreplaceable.

I agree Soundgarden would be weird without Matt especially when considering they were playing the entire Superunknown album.

I would actually really like to see Soundgarden with another drummer for a bit, only assuming that the new drummer is really awesome - the kind who your eyes are glued to for the whole show. I would say the same about PJ. Not saying that I think Matt should ever be replaced permanently by either band, but it is just fun to see new drummer do his thing if he's a wild drummer..... I prefer that it be SG with a new drummer over PJ only because the drums are more intense for SG, so a replacement drummer with them would be more of a spectacle.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Bummer, was hoping there was some solid rumors of RNDM shows coming up... Had an amazing time at RNDM for the one show I saw!
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    was ready to go to brooklyn before hurricane sandy took over...hope they come around again
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    Zod said:

Just got an announcement from NIN.com. SG is touring with NIN 7.19-8.24

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    edited April 2014
    Paris 30/04/14

^ What is this? Is it true?

Edit: My fault. It's about Oliver Kargl (House producer). #-o
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    always get excited when I see RNDM pop up, hopefully a new album and tour is on the way!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Richard just posted on his facebook:

"Getting ready to produce some more safety orange grooves!"

And he posted a pic of his orange RNDM drum kit!

!!!!!!!!!!! That looks like a solid hint to me!!! New album!!!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    excellent.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    i'm sorry, XCLLNT
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    really would love it they hit brooklyn again..sandy kept me away last time..
  • Options
    Richard Stuverud posted a picture of his orange drum set along with the following text on his Facebook this morning:
    Getting ready to create some more safety orange grooves!
    So I would say it's a go.
  • Options
    Yeah, what he said, lol. ;)
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    PJ_Soul said:

Richard just posted on his facebook:

"Getting ready to produce some more safety orange grooves!"

And he posted a pic of his orange RNDM drum kit!

!!!!!!!!!!! That looks like a solid hint to me!!! New album!!!

:-bd
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I'd rather see Tres mts
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    awesome, can't wait to see RNDM again!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I would really like to see them also (also Tres Mts as someone else said).

Hopefully they stop somewhere in between NY & Chicago, unlike last time.

I know it's asking a lot, but maybe a stop in Cleveland and/or Detroit.

It sounds like they're just getting ready to start writing or recording. Maybe that means a winter tour when PJ is off again after the 2014 Midwest tour! ;)
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939

Can't wait!! :)
  • Options
    Karmaholic1Karmaholic1 SoCal Posts: 83
    Yep, they are working on a record. A few days ago Denise Pastor tweeted "Bombshell dropped at @JosephArthur show @ Drews when JA mentioned to the audience that a new @RNDMBAND album would be cut in Montana shortly". Joseph posted a picture on Instagram today in "Big Sky Country"--looks like Montana. Going to see him in June when he returns to L.A. to perform his Lou Reed covers- can't wait.
    I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
  • Options
    :-bd
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Richard posted a pic of them recording on FB today... *happydance*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless