Options

Let's talk Amsterdam 2014

Comments

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    ^ nice feedback
    yes, im positive - i was shocked that everyone was sitting at those european shows.. first time seeing pj in europe tho, cant wait!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    stankratz said:

Our flight doesn't get in till around 9.20 pm Sunday and judging by the amount of toking you American Jamsters get up to , we could the 1st Scousers arrested for taking pot INTO Holland :)>-

I might be missing something here Brian, but why would you do that?!? It'd be like smuggling a Big Mac into a Michelin-star steak restaurant! :)
    You'll have smoked the place out by the time we get there !

• Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183

stankratz said:

Our flight doesn't get in till around 9.20 pm Sunday and judging by the amount of toking you American Jamsters get up to , we could the 1st Scousers arrested for taking pot INTO Holland :)>-

I might be missing something here Brian, but why would you do that?!? It'd be like smuggling a Big Mac into a Michelin-star steak restaurant! :)
    You'll have smoked the place out by the time we get there !

You know me very well so! :)

Seriously, I'd say you'll be safe enough, most of the places stay open until 11pm, some even go to 1am. Don't worry, we won't see you stuck!

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Baba Coffee shop in the RLD is open til 1 am
  • Options
    myanimalmyanimal Posts: 16
    Thanks for the feedback on seated vs GA. I reckon seats will be just fine, we'll make a party of it. So who's got a ticket for me for night 2? :)
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    Looking for 1 or 2 tickets to Amsterdam 2 please!
  • Options
    triskelltriskell Posts: 4
    myoung321 said:

How about a Saturday 6pm meet up at the Bull Dog at Leidseplein ?? PJ fans can take over the outside tables!

I'm in! I'll be arriving at about 7:00 pm though as my flight arrives at 5.40. Any other fans coming?
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    edited June 2014
    i dont have 10C tickets but got regular GA will it be possible to get in to the front standing section on night 1 or will it be 10C only anybody know from last time ? Im not bothered about the rail but would like to feel part of the crowd and not be way back
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
  • Options
    Tonyjamster86Tonyjamster86 Liverpool Posts: 5
    myanimal said:

What's it like watching Pearl Jam from a seat?

I'm still looking for a ticket for night two. Been thinking GA would be best, but I don't really want to stand in line all day.

I've got TC GA for night one, so maybe I get really stoned and enjoy the second night from afar? Just concerned I'll feel a bit disconnected from the energy.

I'm thinkin same I have GA both nights but goin 2nd show alone so be arsed standing in line while mates ar soakin the Dam up ! See how night one goes
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    rssesq said:

Baba Coffee shop in the RLD is open til 1 am

Pretty sure the common hours (or legal hours) are 10am to 1am for Coffeeshops..

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited June 2014
    triskell said:

I'm in! I'll be arriving at about 7:00 pm though as my flight arrives at 5.40. Any other fans coming?

Great...

Anyone still interested in a small boat cruise?

Boom Chicago small boat cruise... Didn't get enough responses to really get a private boat 20 people... got like 6 total..

But you can buy individual tickets here boomchicago.nl/you-come-to-us/#tickets... or there at the BOOM Chicago box office in Amsterdam.. SEE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS.

We're going on the Saturday... plus their boat dock is right near Leidseplein... 5 minute from the Bulldog in images above..so we will head over there after for the meet up..

Boom Chicago's Small Boat Tours - June
    Venue:
    Boom Chicago
    Date:
    14 Jun 2014 | Other date?
    Event time:
    14:45 (Small Boat Tour) | Other time?
    Ticket PriceAmount
    Small Boat Tour Ticket€17.00
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I should mention the Boom Chicago boat is "smoker" friendly and you get a beer or wine with the hour cruise.. much cooler than the tourist cruises.

• Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382

i dont have 10C tickets but got regular GA will it be possible to get in to the front standing section on night 1 or will it be 10C only anybody know from last time ? Im not bothered about the rail but would like to feel part of the crowd and not be way back

Yes. If the capacity for the front section is bigger than the # of 10Club GA tickets (which it probably is) then regular GA may enter. That's on a first come, first serve basis though, so prepare to queue early.
  • Options
    PernillePernille Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 114
    Hey all,

I may have an extra 10C GA ticket for Amsterdam 1, but I won't know for sure until very late. Do you guys think it will be rather easy to sell it on the day while standing in line?
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Copenhagen
    2010: London
    2012: Copenhagen
    2014: Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Stockholm
    2016: MSG1, MSG2
  • Options
    SleightOfHSleightOfH Posts: 10
    Hi all
    I need one 10C ticket for Amsterdam 1 (GA). If you have a spare ticket, please PM!
    Thank you and enjoy the Amsterdam shows!
  • Options
    Hey my tattoo artist is looking for a ticket... She is extremely cool and lives in Amsterdam.

Please hit me if anyone can help... if so a couple beers or whatever on me,,and the ticket cost of course

• Options
    PernillePernille Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 114
    myoung321 said:

Hey my tattoo artist is looking for a ticket... She is extremely cool and lives in Amsterdam.

Please hit me if anyone can help... if so a couple beers or whatever on me,,and the ticket cost of course

Hey. Who's your tattoo artist? There's quite a few in Amsterdam that I really admire.
    I may have an extra 10C GA ticket. I'll let you know.
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Copenhagen
    2010: London
    2012: Copenhagen
    2014: Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Stockholm
    2016: MSG1, MSG2
  • Options
    luttymoreiraluttymoreira Posts: 47
    edited June 2014
    I have a spare seated for Amsterdam I. PM me.. cheers!
    gone!
    Post edited by luttymoreira on
    [ 14 ]
    san diego '06 | los angeles '06 | los angeles '06 | san francisco '06 | seattle '09 | salt lake city '09 | los angeles '09 | los angeles '09 | philadelphia '09 | arras '10 | lisbon '10 | berlin '12 | oslo '12 | copenhagen '12
  • Options

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    devindoughtydevindoughty Las Vegas, Nevada Posts: 27
    Anyone planning on watching the US WC opener vs Ghana somewhere in Amsterdam at Midnight on the 16th? We may just wing it, but if anyone has suggestions for a good and somewhat Yank friendly place to check out the game I'm all about it.
    1998: Knoxville, TN
    2000: Albuquerque, NM
    2003: Denver, CO
    2004: Asheville, NC
    2012: Atlanta, GA
    2013: Chicago, IL & Los Angeles, CA I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I, Milan, Vienna, Trieste, Berlin, St. Louis
    2016: Columbia, SC & Chicago, IL I & II
    2018: Chicago I & II
  • Options

Anyone planning on watching the US WC opener vs Ghana somewhere in Amsterdam at Midnight on the 16th? We may just wing it, but if anyone has suggestions for a good and somewhat Yank friendly place to check out the game I'm all about it.

There were a couple of places at Leidseplein that were playing NFL games late when we were there last fall.. Can't really remember the names of the places, but easy to find. As far as WC matches... I would imagine they will be playing everywhere..

• Options

I'm English but Liverpool's an independent state and we fly our own flag but we'll be up for that dude. Everyone be just getting back into town buzzing after the show, so wherever you go the place will be rocking !
  • Options
    PB190357PB190357 Perth, Australia Posts: 42

I'm from Blackpool, England but I'd be up for it also :) They'll show all the world cup matches in many places in Amsterdam.

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I'm a yank but ever since I was a little bambino, it has been FORZA AZZURRI when it comes to the Copa.

Bring it on Englishmen!
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    So a 2.5 hour Pearl Jam concert that just fucking rocked our world into... a couple hours later keeping the party going with watching the US in World Cup..... SOUNdS GOOD !~*~*

Amsterdam~Pearl Jam~ USA !!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    thecrystalshipthecrystalship Dublin, Ireland Posts: 36
    I'm up for watching the match as well. Fucking love the world cup regardless of the fact Ireland didn't qualify...again haha
    16/06/2014: Amsterdam 20/06/2014: Milan 26/06/2014: Berlin
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Is Mike already in town? Might the boys do a warm up show before Monday?
  • Options
    Hell ya... let's do it... I'm in.... My last two visits we went to Ajax games and had a blast! .... Hey Warren... those Group H matches between and Ajax & Celtic were nuts...

• Options
    thecrystalshipthecrystalship Dublin, Ireland Posts: 36
    myoung321 said:

Hell ya... let's do it... I'm in.... My last two visits we went to Ajax games and had a blast! .... Hey Warren... those Group H matches between and Ajax & Celtic were nuts...

I'd say they were crazy for sure! I remember seeing pictures in the paper of the celtic fans fighting with the police and everything (think it was the same matches you're talking about, champion's league match I think)

16/06/2014: Amsterdam 20/06/2014: Milan 26/06/2014: Berlin