Options

*** Big Day Out - Auckland Fanviews Here 01/17/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    @distantstar800 the S/N poster is on sale now from here, but the shipping is $45! I guess 10C will sell the leftovers from the show eventually.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    $45?! Jeepers!

Creepers.

Where'd you get them peepers.

Let the records play.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    $80, and then $45? Jeebus.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    mine may have been slightly damaged by the wind at the venue and may cost a fuck tonne to frame but it only cost me $35 and then it was transported home in the back of my car.

WIN!

do we get bootlegs?
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    i always write a big review (for myself) after pj shows, i'm not gonna put it here but if you care you can read it on the ten club members FB page. I do just wanna say tho, we were in the D (me and the hubby), and it was super cruisey, easy to get really close to the front (were were the closest we've ever been at a PJ show, dead centre in front of ed), the crowd in the D were cool, much less aggro than the BDO crowds of the past, and less aggro than PJ crowds of the past, even. I had an absolute blast, jumped up and down for two hours, stoked to hear save u, loved seeing the band so smiley, really adored the art department (the bird/wave and the globes especially), the vibe was so frikkin beautiful and ed connected with 40,000 people like no-one else can. can't wait til next time!!!!
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    knitted said:

i always write a big review (for myself) after pj shows, i'm not gonna put it here

Post it here!!!!
  • Options
    Primal said:

knitted said:

i always write a big review (for myself) after pj shows, i'm not gonna put it here

Post it here!!!!
    Agreed!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    doompony said:

$45?! Jeepers!

Enzed said:

I know! But I like to get S/N if they have them. I tried an experiment and shipped via youshop (NZ Post mail forwarding from the US). It was "only" $15 shipping to the US, so I'm hoping youshop will be less than $30 to NZ. It depends on the size of the poster tube and whether it arrives in time (before 31st!) to use the 10% off discount code they have at the moment. Wish me luck! :)
  • Options
    Hey folks does anyone have a spare AUCKLAND STICKER you could sell me or trade for a Melbourne or Sydney?
    PM me....Cheers!
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    bazzer said:

doompony said:

$45?! Jeepers!

Enzed said:

I know! But I like to get S/N if they have them. I tried an experiment and shipped via youshop (NZ Post mail forwarding from the US). It was "only" $15 shipping to the US, so I'm hoping youshop will be less than $30 to NZ. It depends on the size of the poster tube and whether it arrives in time (before 31st!) to use the 10% off discount code they have at the moment. Wish me luck! :)
    Part of the Jeebus is that I'm not sure the poster is worth $80 US, even if it's signed and numbered, especially when it was $35 NZ at the show, and no doubt the Ten Club will be flicking them out the door for $30 US or so.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    http://obeygiant.com/images/2012/10/LAZ_PUBLIC_1.jpg

look the poster already existed in 2012
  • Options
    ...that's... really lame. no wonder it had no relevance whatsoever to the country in question.
  • Options
    doompony said:

...that's... really lame. no wonder it had no relevance whatsoever to the country in question.

I know what you mean. I quite like this guy's style and he's still making new stuff, so I have to imagine there was some reason he reused a particular image. I can't remember what was written on the back of that poster?

I posted this somewhere else but here is the info on the original work (http://www.theoutsiders.net/item/6722,floundering-fathers-2). It's not like it's a recycled poster image, per se.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/music-memorabilia/other/auction-696754836.htm

what the... what? how.. is a PHOTOCOPIED setlist... worth that much? i mean.. yeah it's worth what people will pay for it.. but how could anyone justify spending this much money on a piece of paper that doesn't have anything but printer toner on it.
    Post edited by doompony on
  • Options
    i asked the question anyway. jesus if anyone wants a genuine photocopy of the one i have, i'll give it to them for free. hell, i've scanned it. you can ALL have a copy.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

doompony said:

I know what you mean. I quite like this guy's style and he's still making new stuff, so I have to imagine there was some reason he reused a particular image. I can't remember what was written on the back of that poster?

I posted this somewhere else but here is the info on the original work (http://www.theoutsiders.net/item/6722,floundering-fathers-2). It's not like it's a recycled poster image, per se.
    it just stings when you know that lots of cities get really specific artwork - i.e. klausen's chch poster from 2009. NZ has enough cultural icons. imagine this but with one of our heroic political leaders. imagine this with david lange. or aunty helen. that would have meant something.
  • Options
    not that.. that would be appropriate in any way.. but you know what i mean.
  • Options
    *leaves quietly*
  • Options
    doompony said:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/music-memorabilia/other/auction-696754836.htm

what the... what? how.. is a PHOTOCOPIED setlist... worth that much? i mean.. yeah it's worth what people will pay for it.. but how could anyone justify spending this much money on a piece of paper that doesn't have anything but printer toner on it.

But aren't all the setlists photocopied? I mean, sure there's one original one but does that even make it on stage? Aren't all those ones given out photocopied?

I'd rather have one from the stage then a photocopy of one from the stage even if they look basically the same.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

doompony said:

But aren't all the setlists photocopied? I mean, sure there's one original one but does that even make it on stage? Aren't all those ones given out photocopied?

I'd rather have one from the stage then a photocopy of one from the stage even if they look basically the same.
    Having said that, since I don't have one from the show and I'm not going to pay $100+ for one on trademe, feel free to email me a scan of yours! :)
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    bazzer said:

bazzer said:

doompony said:

Having said that, since I don't have one from the show and I'm not going to pay $100+ for one on trademe, feel free to email me a scan of yours! :)
    Hahaha yea, likewise, feel free to CC me into that email :P
  • Options
    Mine is a photocopy but it's covered in mike's bootprints and his vividy scribble. The fact that the trademe one doesn't have the crossed out songs makes me think it might have been from the sound desk or something.
  • Options
    ok.. that setlist went for ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX DOLLARS.

that's just.. .. so.. weird.
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Bootleg is out March 26 according to PJ 10Club March newsletter.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    PKNZ said:

Bootleg is out March 26 according to PJ 10Club March newsletter.

Yep, Rob said to me: "The Ak show will air on 10c radio on the 26th at 10am pacific and probably a good few times after that in the 7pm and 3am slots too." so that's definitely 6am + probably 3pm & 11pm 27/3 NZT.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    can't wait to hear it!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Gold Coast bootleg is out on March 26 too. B-)
  • Options
    When is the bootleg available for mah monies?
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I thought the AK BDO was meant to be on 10c PJ Radio this morning, ie right now & the boot would be up at the same time. I can't get anything to pay on PJ radio right now & have yet to make it to the store.....I've messaged Rob to ask if it's on this morning.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    I'm jonesing for a hit