Options

Comments

• Options
    Yellow Moon is without doubt my favourite song from the new album. Pity it's being bashed so much but each to their own.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Options
    Sarava said:

The mellower songs don't seem to be terribly popular with the forum folks. See Just Breathe as another example.

Just Breathe for me should have been on EV Into The Wild, played far too many times live for my liking.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506

Bant said:

Bant said:

you can see how wellcome is live..the singalong....enough said..
    oh and have a few million views at youtube..when the same time other pj songs are 10 years at youtube and have half views

The song is a momentum killer at shows and Youtube hasn't even existed for 10 years.

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again
    oh and have a few million views at youtube..when the same time other pj songs are 5 years at youtube and have 10 times less views
    Do what again? What songs are you talking about? Regardless of which songs your referring, when they were released they were not promoted or new material.

Jeremy on PJvevo: 18.5 million - posted 4 years ago
    Even Flow on PJvevo: 17.2 million - posted 4 years ago
    Alive on PJvevo: 12.6 million - posted 4 years ago

Sirens on PJvevo: 46,000 - posted 2 months ago
    Sirens on official PJ youtube: 6.9 million - posted 3 months ago

Anyway, Sirens doesn't exactly have 10 times the views as other PJ songs.
    it woukld be easy to talk to someone idiot or who dont be around pj alot
    do u know any other pj song has 7 millinon vieww is 3 months??are u kidding me>?
    dont like sirens is one thing,that so many pj fans or music fans dig to it,is another.

You're calling me an idiot?

LOL

Oh, the irony.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    Heard sirens on the way to the pitt show and was not grabbed. Live at the show...didn't know what I was listening to. Heard it on the vinyl first time and my honey related the words but I was still not feeling it. Now I dig it when I catch it on the radio but skip it on my disc. I'm totally torn. Sleeping by myself is higher on my fav list I think
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Bant said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

oh and have a few million views at youtube..when the same time other pj songs are 10 years at youtube and have half views

The song is a momentum killer at shows and Youtube hasn't even existed for 10 years.

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again
    oh and have a few million views at youtube..when the same time other pj songs are 5 years at youtube and have 10 times less views
    Do what again? What songs are you talking about? Regardless of which songs your referring, when they were released they were not promoted or new material.

do u know any other pj song has 7 millinon vieww is 3 months??are u kidding me>?
    dont like sirens is one thing,that so many pj fans or music fans dig to it,is another.

LOL

Oh, the irony.
    no.,ofcourse not..im not talking about you...but to who you are talking here....me..
    ,im saying thay you arent talking to somone who is idiot or not be around pj alot.
    im familiar with whats going on at pj fan base....and numbers are there..
    7 million views at 3 months...never happen before at a pj song

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Bant said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again

LOL

Oh, the irony.
    There's no need to be so rude
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Whole record is great!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I love sirens. I love just breathe. I buck the trends because I'm a rebel.
  • Options
    doom_pony said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again

LOL

Oh, the irony.
    doom_pony said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again

LOL

Oh, the irony.

I'm not, I was just returning the favor.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options

Bant said:

Bant said:

Bant said:

5 years??is it ok?..
    lets do that again

LOL

Oh, the irony.
    no.,ofcourse not..im not talking about you...but to who you are talking here....me..
    ,im saying thay you arent talking to somone who is idiot or not be around pj alot.
    im familiar with whats going on at pj fan base....and numbers are there..
    7 million views at 3 months...never happen before at a pj song

I was simply pointing out that your youtube example doesn't hold water.

7 million views never happening on a PJ song is meaningless. Especially since their most popular songs came nearly 15 years before youtube existed.

If youtube existed back in the 10, VS, Vitalogy days, those videos would probably be in the 100's of millions by now.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Whole record is great!

Word

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Just Breathe grabbed me right away when BS was released. I've not been gripped by Sirens quite yet, but I have had other PJ music grow on me when at first I wasn;t fond of it.
    I'm just fuckin happy these dudes keep making music. LB is totally great, and I am a die hard PJ fan since 92.

One thing I've been thinking a lot about is that I keep getting fuckin; older. And the shit I find interesting, disgusting, tasty, not tasty has changed over and over...has developed and lessened...gotten simpler, more complex...weirder and plainer. One constant love in my life is Pearl Jam. And I can keep in mind that the dudes in the Band keep getting older and surely are experiencing tons of personal change and revolution always, like all of us. I love every PJ record. I skip songs on all the records. I cry when I hear and sing along with several songs on every record. I'm pretty sure that one day i'll love the Yellow Moons and Sirens. I fuckin dig on By Myself with both Yuke and with the full band. I can relate to the song totally. I can't relate to Sirens like that...maybe one day.
    Time for bed, friends! Peace to you.

"Don't need a raincoat, I'm already wet!"
  • Options
    Sirens is one of my favorites from LB, along with Yellow Moon-enjoyed hearing both live too.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I didn't think much of Sirens until I fully deciphered the lyrics, which I think transform it from a Bon Jovi-like pop rock song to something with much more meaning.

As for the theory that fans of bands don't like songs which get huge radio rotation, I agree. I skipped Better Man for years because of it.
    Why do I love Pearl Jam? The answer is here
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Yellow Moon was my favorite song on the new album after my first listen. Other songs have grown on me, but I still like it a lot. Sirens is a beautiful piece of music.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Sirens is just OK for me. I skip it when it comes on a lot. But I really like Yellow Moon.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    To me, Yellow Moon is an entirely different animal than Sirens or Just Breathe. Totally different kind of "mellow" song. Darker, broodier, not sentimental or sappy in any way. It stands out, for me.
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835

To me, Yellow Moon is an entirely different animal than Sirens or Just Breathe. Totally different kind of "mellow" song. Darker, broodier, not sentimental or sappy in any way. It stands out, for me.

This
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,767
    know1 said:

Sirens is just OK for me. I skip it when it comes on a lot. But I really like Yellow Moon.

This!

And this.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608

I truly wonder why Sirens is so unwelcome from the fans.

Yellow Moon is not receiving a great response from the fans either.

Both are such tremendously talented artwork (besides the double eyed poster) that these songs need to played.

I don't get this impression at all about Sirens. Hasn't it been a huge hit?? There will always be some fans who don't like something (I personally don't love Sirens at all, but don't hate it either - it is saved by a really amazing message in the lyrics). I agree that Yellow Moon deserves more attention that it's got maybe... but on the other hand, I've seen a lot of people specifically say that they love it.
    How are you gauging response?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Kearn5y said:

Yellow moon should open shows.........

Yellow Moon is one of my favourite songs from LB, would make a great opener (do it in Leeds). Would rather heat it than Pendulum, still cannot get the big deal with that song.

Pendulum is awesome because it's creative and seems like something different for PJ. IMO. That song surprised me when I listened to it, and that is a good thing. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2014

PJ Soul said

I don't get this impression at all about Sirens. Hasn't it been a huge hit?? I agree that Yellow Moon deserves more attention that it's got.
    How are you gauging response?

I said

I am gauging from the response in the forum. Actually having the nuts/nipples to post in the old forum that you like Sirens you would draw a lot of ire. In the new forum everything is open.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Given a few months for the album to digest, Yellow Moon is actually my favorite song on it.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Prawnstar said:

I didn't think much of Sirens until I fully deciphered the lyrics, which I think transform it from a Bon Jovi-like pop rock song to something with much more meaning.

As for the theory that fans of bands don't like songs which get huge radio rotation, I agree. I skipped Better Man for years because of it.

It's funny, I was always the same way with Better Man, but I've really come to appreciate just how great of a song it is. Very recently too. I think it's one of those songs that you have to see in concert to learn to appreciate again after having it shoved down your throat for 20 years.

With that said...I skip Black and Jeremy 100% of the time.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Two pages in and I still don't understand what the title of this thread actually means.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

It's not cool to like Sirens just like its uncool to say Ten is their best record.

Good music is good music.

Bingo. The thing that always gets me about the Ten thing is if people like some of the others better, fine personal preference, but for crying out loud show it some respect because without it most of what came after probably doesn't exist. It's hilarious to see some folks rank it like 8th.... Cred Baby!

/hijack

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    f*ck it, I will say yellow moon is the best song PJ has put out in years. Mike's scathing solo, man do not disparage this song. Could be the next great opener.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    october22 said:

Two pages in and I still don't understand what the title of this thread actually means.

you and me both,

Imo both songs are excellent. and I couldn't give a damn what anyone says about Sirens, for me its a beauty. Never get tired of it.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Sirens hit me in a way that no song has since Black. That's not to say it's an equal song to Black. But in Sirens, Ed perfectly captures what it means to be a 30 (or 40 or 50) something married father of two, the same way Black captured what it was like to be a lovelorn teenager or young adult.

But hit me right where I lived in the moment I was living it. The goosebumps were identical, 20 some odd years later.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Oceans-->Yellow Moon was stellar at Brooklyn 1

image199" />
    Run for it, Marty.