Options

Forum Re-style for Firefox/Chrome (Formerly the malarky thread)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    PJ_Soul said:

So far the script is the same as always and way way way way better than what 10C is doing! I'll also keep using it for as long as it's better than the actual forum... could be a while, lol.
    Thanks for all your work Mike!!!!!! :)

What's the secret. PJ_Soul? My script is screwed up. And the "new" forum format looks as bad as ever. I really don't wanna go away AGAIN but she-e-e-e-it, this is frustrating!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I disabled Greasemonkey, cleared my cache, deleted cookies, logged out, etc. and still couldn't see any difference in the forum. I'm still using the old script and it's working great.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My script started acting funny yesterday, so I disabled and saw the changes tc made. I switched back and forth, but the script look never came back :(

I guess I will try to get used to the new forum look now. My biggest problem is with the teal, so that is not a biggie.

Thanks for sharing the script with us, Mike!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,209
    The Script started working funny for me yesterday (probably due to incompatibilities with some of the forum updates). It's a bit glitchy but still working today.

I think it would be a shame to abandon it. It's not only the colors of the new forum that are bad. There's so much info on the screen that the subject line when viewing the forum makes up 1/3 of the page. This classic script simplifies it. When you are perusing a forum all you see are the subject lines. None of the extra junk on the sides.....

Hopefully the creator changes their minds and continues to update the script. I really do like it.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited April 2014
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

So far the script is the same as always and way way way way better than what 10C is doing! I'll also keep using it for as long as it's better than the actual forum... could be a while, lol.
    Thanks for all your work Mike!!!!!! :)

What's the secret. PJ_Soul? My script is screwed up. And the "new" forum format looks as bad as ever. I really don't wanna go away AGAIN but she-e-e-e-it, this is frustrating!

No Secret, lol. I had to disable greasemonkey just to see that the forum had any changes. The script I've been using (not the same one as you Brian - I've been using the lighter grey coloured version instead of the one that looks like the old 10C forum; maybe try that script instead) works just fine. Not glitchy at all. Maybe a button or two in a slightly off location, but that's it.

Anyway, the forum fixes looked a lot better, but that fucking side bar on every page is awful. They really need to get rid of that. No idea why they are still clinging to it. Makes a huge negative difference, because actually it looks like 10C actuall copied Mike's more plain script version, but left in the side bar. But not having that with the greasemonkey script makes all the difference.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,750
    Zod said:

The Script started working funny for me yesterday (probably due to incompatibilities with some of the forum updates). It's a bit glitchy but still working today.

I think it would be a shame to abandon it. It's not only the colors of the new forum that are bad. There's so much info on the screen that the subject line when viewing the forum makes up 1/3 of the page. This classic script simplifies it. When you are perusing a forum all you see are the subject lines. None of the extra junk on the sides.....

Hopefully the creator changes their minds and continues to update the script. I really do like it.

Yeah, it still kind of works but not so well. It's a lot to ask for Mike D88 to fix it again so at this point I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best and say- yet again- how awesome it is that he did it in the first place.

^:)^
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    the updated forum is better that the original ... try the lights down feature.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I'm still using the greasemonkey script (original one) ... which is working great. Thanks again Mike D88.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    lukin2006 said:

Lukin sweetheart, thanks a million!!! I had no idea what the lights down is there for (actually I didn't notice it until just today). I have just clicked it and it is f*n FANTASTIC!!! I love it, thanks <3

<hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    KateA said:

lukin2006 said:

Lukin sweetheart, thanks a million!!! I had no idea what the lights down is there for (actually I didn't notice it until just today). I have just clicked it and it is f*n FANTASTIC!!! I love it, thanks
    I'll admit that my eyes were dealt the genetic whammy at age 7, so maybe i can blame this on my daddy (miss you), but I cannot figure out what the hell the light switch is supposed to do. I've been flicking it on and off (up and down) till i see double and i can't tell the difference. Oblivious! Help!

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    njnancy said:

KateA said:

lukin2006 said:

Lukin sweetheart, thanks a million!!! I had no idea what the lights down is there for (actually I didn't notice it until just today). I have just clicked it and it is f*n FANTASTIC!!! I love it, thanks
    I'll admit that my eyes were dealt the genetic whammy at age 7, so maybe i can blame this on my daddy (miss you), but I cannot figure out what the hell the light switch is supposed to do. I've been flicking it on and off (up and down) till i see double and i can't tell the difference. Oblivious! Help!

Try F5 a few times after you click LIGHTS DOWN(that's what i have to do to make it work).

• Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    edited May 2014
    njnancy, it goes to black / grayscale when you click lights down, instead of the glaring whiteness so you can't possibly miss it when it works.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    cutz said:

Try F5 a few times after you click LIGHTS DOWN(that's what i have to do to make it work

I hit F5 several times and wasn't seeing a difference. Then, poof, black background. Awesome, I''m keeping the lights down! Thank you, cutz!
    KateA said:

njnancy, it goes to black / grayscale when you click lights down, instead of the glaring whiteness so you can't possibly miss it when it works.

You are absolutely right - I no longer feel like I'm staring at a light bulb. I thought I was missing a subtle change, but I'd have to be colorblind to miss this. Thank you, KateA!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Does Greasemonkey not work for this forum anymore?

My page is white again. I hate it.
  • Options
    How do I change the background so it isn't white?
  • Options
    O.k, I just read Kat's message at the top of the page, and have worked it out. 'Lights Down' baby!
  • Options
    Mine went back to white and I saw Lights Down was displayed, so i clicked on it and it went to black background again.