Options

Forum Re-style for Firefox/Chrome (Formerly the malarky thread)

Comments

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723

Hell yeah that'd be great. I'll try it out when I get home.

I still have to update the script, but I've got it working here on mine.

i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    Even better than before! Thanks so much for adding the highlighted page numbers! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Love. Thank you.
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

Hell yeah that'd be great. I'll try it out when I get home.

I still have to update the script, but I've got it working here on mine.

Cool, man. Well thanks for this....from all of us.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Longueuil said:

Thank you Mike!!! You're the man

OMG! I CAN EDIT. YEAH!

This!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Bumpity bump
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    It looks great, I keep on activating and deactivating it haha ... What I noticed as well is that if you have the inverted for people with eyes (great name image ) and you go to the activity page, the member names are not readible. It's black on black. Maybe that can be changed too? I don't know how you do all this, but I am really impressed. I still cannot really find my participated discussions, but I love the looks with the grey and the larger font. Thanks a lot for your work!
  • Options

It looks great, I keep on activating and deactivating it haha ... What I noticed as well is that if you have the inverted for people with eyes (great name image ) and you go to the activity page, the member names are not readible. It's black on black. Maybe that can be changed too? I don't know how you do all this, but I am really impressed. I still cannot really find my participated discussions, but I love the looks with the grey and the larger font. Thanks a lot for your work!

On a slightly unrelated note, I don't really understand the purpose of the activity page???
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    Great, thanks a lot. Best thing about it is eliminating all the nonsense on the left, so the page is properly adjusted now.

How come the black version also features black text. Is this a fix for an alternate version of the forum or something?
  • Options
    Should have a small update tonight with the added participated discussions link and corrected font color on the activity page.
    ceska said:

Great, thanks a lot. Best thing about it is eliminating all the nonsense on the left, so the page is properly adjusted now.

How come the black version also features black text. Is this a fix for an alternate version of the forum or something?

Can you elaborate or post a screenshot? The black version should have all white text.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    edited January 2014
    Ok. I figured it out... When I am not logged in, the index page is all black text, but the posts themselves are white text. When I am logged in, then all text is white. I don't usually log in, except if I am going to post, so 95% of the time I am viewing this forum not logged in.
    Post edited by ceska on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited January 2014
    hey guys ,how u understandat which page of a thread are you??all the numbers of pages are the same white color so cant tell which im looking..i use the black version at chrome,thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

hey guys ,how u understandat which page of a thread are you??all the numbers of pages are the same white color so cant tell which im looking..i use the black version at chrome,thanks

Have you used the updated script? In the first version, the numbers were all the same, but now there is a little grey frame around the number of the page you are currently in :)

Thanks a lot MikD88! It is much nicer like this.

• Options
    ceska said:

Ok. I figured it out... When I am not logged in, the index page is all black text, but the posts themselves are white text. When I am logged in, then all text is white. I don't usually log in, except if I am going to post, so 95% of the time I am viewing this forum not logged in.

I hadn't considered checking classes when logged out, I'll take a look at this.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    So... Yup.

i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

Have you used the updated script? In the first version, the numbers were all the same, but now there is a little grey frame around the number of the page you are currently in :)

Thanks a lot MikD88! It is much nicer like this.

I use the second one the op post..about the black font..im not sure we are talking about the same thing?and thanks MikD88 for the black font..no way to do setlist threads and be in the forum in the row for 3 hours with that staring in the sun white thing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    This is awesome, I love this site again! THANK YOU!!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    What's really incredible about this is a fix was presented, the users tried it out and gave the constructive feedback that only users can give and then what??? The feedback was considered and...voila! Changes were made! Amazing! Great job!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Hi Guys, maybe I am being dumb but I can not add the script to my Chrome. I'm getting message that no extensions, scripts, apps etc can be added from that site (any unauthorized site). Anyone knows how to overwrite it?
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Amazing, thank you.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Btw, I found a way to show the Participated Discussions. Just bookmark this link and go there: http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/participated The only downside is that the titles of the unread threads are written black on black. But if you mark them "all read", you can read them :)
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565

Btw, I found a way to show the Participated Discussions. Just bookmark this link and go there: http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/participated The only downside is that the titles of the unread threads are written black on black. But if you mark them "all read", you can read them :)

Thank you, that is very helpful!! :-bd
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Question for the techie folks ... the greasemonkey script was working fine, and then poof! All of a sudden I am back to blinding white 10C version :( To my knowledge, I did not do anything to my internet settings or my 'puter.

I checked greasemonkey and the script is 'enabled'. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Many thanks.

Edit (9pm PST): Nevermind :) I just figured it out ... accidentally disabled Greasemonkey somehow.
    Post edited by giventofly69 on
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    What the fuck, this is 1000X better. Thank you so much!

PS we shouldn't have to work around to make the forum look good.
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    thank you so much!! you are the man!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Here's a new version of the script that closely resembles the look of the old forum. It also includes the participated discussions link.

Install here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/292574
    Deactivate any previous scripts first!

image image image image
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,209
    You sir are a golden god! The classic forum script is even better than the black one!
  • Options
    Fantastic Mike D88! Tell 10c to fire whomever they hired because they need to hire YOU.
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Mike D88 said:

Here's a new version of the script that closely resembles the look of the old forum. It also includes the participated discussions link.

Install here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/292574
    Deactivate any previous scripts first!

image image image image

I'm not sure if I wanna go back to the white version, I REALLY LIKE your black/grey version! The only thing I'm missing is the participated discussions but as far as I understand I can't keep the black version and get the participated discussions at the same time?

PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    em jot said:

I'm not sure if I wanna go back to the white version, I REALLY LIKE your black/grey version! The only thing I'm missing is the participated discussions but as far as I understand I can't keep the black version and get the participated discussions at the same time?

Lemme update those real quick... Both should have it now.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG