Options

Forum Re-style for Firefox/Chrome (Formerly the malarky thread)

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited January 2014
    em jot said:

Mike D88 said:

Here's a new version of the script that closely resembles the look of the old forum. It also includes the participated discussions link.

Install here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/292574
    Deactivate any previous scripts first!

image image image image

I'm not sure if I wanna go back to the white version, I REALLY LIKE your black/grey version! The only thing I'm missing is the participated discussions but as far as I understand I can't keep the black version and get the participated discussions at the same time?

Bookmark this page: http://community.pearljam.com/discussions/participated
    And then just go to it while you're logged in and you get all of your participated discussions just as easily and still use the version that you like. That's what I've been doing with the white version, which I like best. :)
    Edit: Mike, did you add this to the white version too?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Oh and Mike, LOVE the new "retro" version, lol..... the only reason I'm not using that is because it doesn't seem to show who started each thread (unless I'm missing something), and it turns out that I actually use that feature when browsing to some extent .... any way for that to be added? No biggie, just wondering, and if you're taking requests......

Again, you rock. :-h
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    edited January 2014
    The trouble with showing the starting poster is its in a separate column. I can put it back, but it won't be like the old forum where the poster appeared below the thread title.
    PJ_Soul said:

And then just go to it while you're logged in and you get all of your participated discussions just as easily and still use the version that you like. That's what I've been doing with the white version, which I like best. :)
    Edit: Mike, did you add this to the white version too?

It should be on both of them now.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

The trouble with shower the starting poster is its in a separate column. I can put it back, but it won't be like the old forum where the poster appeared below the thread title.

Whatever you like best of course. I like the other versions as well, so either way. :)
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Mike D88 said:

Lemme update those real quick... Both should have it now.

Still nothing but this
    PJ_Soul said:

works perfect! :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    em jot said:

Mike D88 said:

Still nothing but this
    Make sure the script is updated in your browser - Delete what's on there now and do a fresh install.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

em jot said:

Mike D88 said:

Still nothing but this
    Make sure the script is updated in your browser - Delete what's on there now and do a fresh install.
    Oh shit, this looks even better now :-O
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
  • Options
    Can't edit my post though
  • Options
    em jot said:

Can't edit my post though

Whoops, fixed that.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,213
    I think I mentioned it before but maybe it got lost in the shuffle. On the black version is there a way to add a line between the subject lines of the threads. I really like the black version but I did like the division in subject lines like it is on the classic version.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I just have to say this again - thank you so much Mike D88! I expect you've put a bit of time into writing these scripts ... and we all really really appreciate it.

And, I'm playing around with the classic version now - looks great! (But I think I am leaning towards inverted.)

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    Great work Mike and I really appreciate it but I'm still sticking with the new blinding white format because it appears the only way to keep the "participated discussion is to have to pages open and have to switch back and forth from one to the other... unless I did something wrong in which case please let me know.

Hey 10C, are you guys keeping up with all this? Any changes in the "official format" in the works?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    brianlux said:

Great work Mike and I really appreciate it but I'm still sticking with the new blinding white format because it appears the only way to keep the "participated discussion is to have to pages open and have to switch back and forth from one to the other... unless I did something wrong in which case please let me know.

Hey 10C, are you guys keeping up with all this? Any changes in the "official format" in the works?

There was an update today. I deleted the existing script, then reinstalled it. The "participated discussion" is the fifth icon next to your user name. It looks like two overlapping quote bubbles. I am currently using the black inverted script. The retro/classic script is cool, too. I can't decide which I like better.

• Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Just managed to install the latest version. Mike, you are a genius!!! This is amazing! If you are going to any European Tour show then I am going to start new thread: Please play The Fixer and dedicate it to Mike D88 =D> Thank you.
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I love that you used the word "malarkey" in your thread title!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    Thank you!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    KateA said:

Just managed to install the latest version. Mike, you are a genius!!! This is amazing! If you are going to any European Tour show then I am going to start new thread: Please play The Fixer and dedicate it to Mike D88 =D> Thank you.

Well said!

10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:

Here's a new version of the script that closely resembles the look of the old forum. It also includes the participated discussions link.

Install here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/292574
    Deactivate any previous scripts first!

image image image image

Dude, great job. Thanks for taking the time. And fucking shame on the Tenclub for not taking the time to do this sort of thing themselves when the response to the new forum has been so negative.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    THANK YOU!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Mike for President!!thank you!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    THANK YOU again Mike, this is just fantastic! =D> =D> =D>
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    This is awesome!! Thank you!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited January 2014
    mike,juast asking,if its possible to have the latest version with participated discussions and the green -blue etc boxes like the old style forum but with black font??
    this gonna be epic!!!thanks!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    does this version have a search function?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    Hobbes said:

brianlux said:

There was an update today. I deleted the existing script, then reinstalled it. The "participated discussion" is the fifth icon next to your user name. It looks like two overlapping quote bubbles. I am currently using the black inverted script. The retro/classic script is cool, too. I can't decide which I like better.

Nice! Thanks!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

does this version have a search function?

Yeah, with the search function back up and running, that has carried over to these scripts as well. image
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Holy shit, this is amazing. I was a fan of the black version but the retro version is even better! Thanks Mike!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Does this work for Safari at all?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    will this work for netscape?
    chinese-happy.jpg